We rented from Alamo and got a minivan....

ain0004

DIS Veteran
We rented from alamo a few weeks ago and got a minivan. But we were scheduled for a full size car. Is this usual? Unusual. There was only one full size car on the lane. But everyone was please with the upgrade......Just wondering if minivans are always found in the full size row?

When we rented from Alamo, at the Dolphin, we had booked a full-sized car. When we got to the counter, they asked us if we would like to upgrade to either a minivan or a large SUV. I said we weren't paying addtl...she told me it was a free upgrade...that most people wouldn't book the minivan or suv due to the size (weren't comfortable driving them) but wanted a roomy car, so they ran out of full sized cars quickly.
I quite happily took the large SUV!!!

I've read about this happening to people in the past but it never happened to us until our trip this past October. We rented a Standard Size from Alamo at the airport and were surprised to see several minivans in that aisle. We had rented a car for a grocery run among other things. Since we buy lots of bottled water (a case of bottles plus a couple of jugs for coffee) and a week's worth of groceries, it was great having all that space. It was a really plush and comfortable vehicle, the nicest rental we've ever had.

This happened to us in Jan. 2010. I booked a full size (for $150 for 10 days) and there was a minivan in the full size aisle so we took it. We were very happy! There were a couple of crossovers also.

We booked a full size this past August but saw a minivan in the full size aisle. I was so happy!! Until I was told that the keys had been locked in it and we couldn't take it. :rotfl:
Oh well.. I always book what I'm happy with, though the extra room would have been nice:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter