We Put Our First Offer In To FINALLY Become A DVC Member!!!

Mommy2TwoMickeys

DIS Veteran
We are beyond excited that we have finally put our first offer in for a DVC Resale :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Now the waiting game begins which I have never been good at :lmao: Anyways, I spoke to the listing agent and he said hopefully we should have an answer from the seller today and then we can move forward with the contract and deposit. My question is, if we agree on a price and send in the deposit...what happens with our deposit if Disney ROFR's our points?? Do we get our deposit back?

We are beyond excited that we have finally put our first offer in for a DVC Resale :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Now the waiting game begins which I have never been good at :lmao: Anyways, I spoke to the listing agent and he said hopefully we should have an answer from the seller today and then we can move forward with the contract and deposit. My question is, if we agree on a price and send in the deposit...what happens with our deposit if Disney ROFR's our points?? Do we get our deposit back?

You will get your deposit back if Disney exercises ROFR. Good luck!

We opted to leave our deposit in escrow since we were going to continue our search for a resale contract.

Yes, you will get it back. Unfortunately found out ourselves last week. I will say the refund came very quick through TTS. Good luck!

Good luck! I'm so excited for you. :goodvibes Just get ready to negotiate.

When we used a credit card with Fidelity, they didn't even bother charging the deposit until after ROFR.

When we used a credit card with Fidelity, they didn't even bother charging the deposit until after ROFR.

GOOD CHOICE AND GOOD LUCK,,,
This was our experience of the deposit with the un-named company. We were able to negotiate back and forth and finaly landed in the middle where we wanted.

Interesting, our deposit was charged to my credit card a couple days into the ROFR period. The purchase was with Fidelity as well.

Mommy2TwoMickeys said:

We put in our first offer yesterday! Not optimistic since the seller isn't responding and we offered near asking price...so most likely we will be making our second offer by Friday! So exciting! Good luck to you!

Thank You Everyone! Well the seller accepted our offer :cool1: and actually accepted it about 10 minutes after I started this thread :rotfl2: We signed the contract and send it back, As of 3:30pm yesterday the seller did not sign theirs yet, but hoping that they did by this morning to get it on its way to Disney! I will keep you posted :goodvibes

We put in our first offer yesterday! Not optimistic since the seller isn't responding and we offered near asking price...so most likely we will be making our second offer by Friday! So exciting! Good luck to you!

Good Luck To You As Well! Such An Exciting Time! I Sure Hope Your Seller Responds Today! pixiedust:

Our seller never responded, so they pulled the listing. Looking now for something similar, slim pickings right now for the number of points we want with at least the 2013 points intact! In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you with the ROFR process!

denneg said:
Our seller never responded, so they pulled the listing. Looking now for something similar, slim pickings right now for the number of points we want with at least the 2013 points intact! In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you with the ROFR process!

Bummer!!keep us posted!!!

So sorry to hear that they didn't respond! I have noticed that their aren't many listings. Though I've read somewhere that soon their should be more DVC's available because most people scoop the listings up with income tax funds :confused3 Thanks so much! It was sent to Disney on March 21st so we still have a ways to go!

Bummer!!keep us posted!!!

I sure will :goodvibes

Was the seller from Japan? This happened to me too.

Was the seller from Japan? This happened to me too.

I'm not sure, it was a listing with **** for 200 SSR points. They let us know that they hadn't heard back from them and by that point, I think we were one of three offers anyway! Now we haven't found just what we're looking for, and I don't want to jump at something else that isn't just right and then regret it down the line. Hoping the right listing comes along soon!

I'm not sure, it was a listing with **** for 200 SSR points. They let us know that they hadn't heard back from them and by that point, I think we were one of three offers anyway! Now we haven't found just what we're looking for, and I don't want to jump at something else that isn't just right and then regret it down the line. Hoping the right listing comes along soon!

The right listing will come along keep checking the major resale agencies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!