We need a little “Magic”, right this very moment! – Completed

You just got home today? Hope you get some sleep. I always get a post vacation no sleep buzz. It's that exhausted past exhausted feeling.

I hope our cruise offers a no schlepping option.

All you have to do is make sure that you board early enough that they are still seating in Parrot Cay. When they try to entice you to go up to Beach Blanket Buffet with "more buffet stations, outside seating", just stand your ground and say you'd rather wait for Parrot Cay.

I'm glad you were able to get all your tastings booked, I was worried the chocolate one would have sold out, I've heard they are very popular.

Lunch looked delicious, I love that mac & cheese popcorn::

Welcome home, I hope you were able to get some good sleep!

The story isn't over yet, the mac & cheese and mini corn dogs are my favorite part! :rotfl2:

Yummy Pics of buffet.....

Thanks for the reminder that I need to stop eating for the next 3 weeks, so that I can be sitting at that first lunch and enjoy the schnitzel and other goodies.

I will be on The Wonder repo LA to Vancouver.

Keep your pics coming.

Thanks for the reminder that I need to stop eating for the next 3 weeks, so that I can be sitting at that first lunch and enjoy the schnitzel and other goodies.

Keep your pics coming.

That sounds like a great cruise, Corinna will be on that one too!

Yeah, I just got on the scale this morning. I had about 6 extra pounds from my WDW trip and now I have another 9 more. :eek:

Yeah, I just got on the scale this morning. I had about 6 extra pounds from my WDW trip and now I have another 9 more. :eek:

Oh Yes, I know all about that..... :lmao:

My Son in law holds the record in our family.
13 pounds in 7 days on The Magic last January.
I fear my hubby will surpass him on this one coming.

This cruise we also opted for a Handicapped Accessible room, but not on the Concierge level. We had room 7136 which was one floor below our room on the last cruise, however, the room above that we had last cruise, covered two H/A rooms, ours (7136) and the room next door (7138). I learned that of the H/A rooms that 7136 and 7536 are the larger rooms with the better verandahs. I will request these rooms on the Wonder and Magic in the future!

Here is the view just entering the cabin.

And looking to the left towards the restroom.

From the restroom door looking at the bed.

Same place, looking at the couch.

This would be my storage cabinet for the week.

Looking at the room from my side of the bed.

Looking out our Verandah to the left.

Some views of the port.

And the Verandah to the right.

Back in the cabin, here is our restroom.

[Continued in Next Post]

Last edited:
[Continued from Previous Post]

Our Castaway Club Gift. These backpacks come in very handy since we bring the biggest one we can find for maximum carry on capacity on the plane. This is a nice size for excursions and moving about the ship.

Our dining cards, I was really happy about the dining rotation. I love being at Lumiere’s/Triton’s for Formal and Semi Formal nights. Also we would have been in Parrot Cay for Pirate Night, but instead we were going to Palo. Our character breakfast worked out to be the last day, and I already had a reservation for Palo. No biggie, we can always go out to DL for a character meal. How often can I eat at Palo? :confused3

Our excursion tickets were also waiting for us. Yay! This is the first time since our Disney Cruise back in 2001 that we have been on an excursion!

And even more yay! $100 in onboard credit for booking this cruise on our last one!

We carried on all our beverages, but our luggage finally arrived and I put away all our snacks we had bought at Walmart. (turns out, we never ate any of the Whoppers, Junior Mints, or Milk Duds!)

And a nicely stocked Beverage Cooler.

We found this in our luggage as I unpacked.

I prepared for my own little “sail away party”!

We began to move out of the Harbor.

Looking backwards, Goodbye Galveston! :wave2:

These were the little boats guiding us out of the harbor.

And with that we headed out onto the open seas. What do we do next? So many choices!

Last edited:
Whoa nelly! Look at that gorgeous verandah!!!

And I see some gorgeous diet Mountain Dews stock piled :)

Very nice room, were you at any point disappointed you didn't do concierge again?

That there is plenty of seating at Topsiders/ Beach Blanket Buffet on embarkation day is a blatant lie. We only ended up at Beach Blanket Buffet on embarkation day once and that was during our Mexican Riviera cruise in 2011. We were juggling our carry ons and the trays and ended up sitting half way between the Mickey and Goofy pool as those were the only tables available.

Your hot plate looks very much like mine would have looked with the exception that some of my foods would have been touching. I am glad that you got your tastings booked. I have to say I am always decidedly underwhelmed by the desserts on DCL. The exception are the desserts in Palo and the Grand Marnier Souffle at Lumiere's/ Triton's.

That prohibited item claims receipt, was this for the iron?

Corinna

The food looked wonderful and what a nice cabin.....

So what was taken out of your luggage?

Whoa nelly! Look at that gorgeous verandah!!!

And I see some gorgeous diet Mountain Dews stock piled :)

Very nice room, were you at any point disappointed you didn't do concierge again?

That was one of our main reasons for going to Walmart, she loves her Mtn Dew and couldn't go a week on only Diet Coke.

The only time I had pangs of regret was when I saw the guys in the brown suits going around doting on their customers and knowing that they weren't doting on me! :rotfl:

That there is plenty of seating at Topsiders/ Beach Blanket Buffet on embarkation day is a blatant lie. We only ended up at Beach Blanket Buffet on embarkation day once and that was during our Mexican Riviera cruise in 2011. We were juggling our carry ons and the trays and ended up sitting half way between the Mickey and Goofy pool as those were the only tables available.

Your hot plate looks very much like mine would have looked with the exception that some of my foods would have been touching. I am glad that you got your tastings booked. I have to say I am always decidedly underwhelmed by the desserts on DCL. The exception are the desserts in Palo and the Grand Marnier Souffle at Lumiere's/ Triton's.

They just want to get people out of their hair downstairs. I read too many TRs where not only were people juggling stuff, but they also were freezing in the cold outside.

Yeah those are my favorite desserts as well.

That prohibited item claims receipt, was this for the iron?

Corinna

::yes::

The food looked wonderful and what a nice cabin.....

So what was taken out of your luggage?

:rolleyes1

Wonderful cabin. That verandah looks amazing!

Yes....what was "prohibited"?

Keep your pics coming.

I'm going to stop eating now for our cruise in January. :rotfl:

I'm starting to top vacation weight on top of vacation weight. :( I don't like it.

Great update! Your room is very nice and it's making wish I booked a full verandah but Joshua really wants the Navigators. Who lows what goes on in the mind of a tween boy. :confused3

:thumbsup2 The cooler is bigger than I thought. I'm so going to wait for Parrot Cay. I like that you posted pictures of the documents etc....I love that stuff.

I recall someone saying no iron but don't remember who. Did they return it to you? Why couldn't you bring an iron?

I'm going to stop earring now for our cruise in January. :rotfl:

I'm starting to top vacation weight on top of vacation weight. :( I don't like it.

Great update! Your room is very nice and it's making wish I booked a full verandah but Joshua really wants the Navigators. Who lows what goes on in the mind of a tween boy. :confused3

:thumbsup2 The cooler is bigger than I thought. I'm so going to wait for Parrot Cay. I like that you posted pictures of the documents etc....I love that stuff.

I recall someone saying no iron but don't remember who. Did they return it to you? Why couldn't you bring an iron?

Why can't you wear earrings until your cruise in January?

Yes, I have vacation weight on vacation weight. Tonight we are having Egg Foo Young and Fried rice, I hope that helps with the weight!

Corinna told me about no iron. They have them in the Laundry rooms, but it is really cheap to have shirts pressed. I wish Fran would just go with that, at $1.50 a shirt, just have someone else press them!

Why can't you wear earrings until your cruise in January?

Yes, I have vacation weight on vacation weight. Tonight we are having Egg Foo Young and Fried rice, I hope that helps with the weight!

Corinna told me about no iron. They have them in the Laundry rooms, but it is really cheap to have shirts pressed. I wish Fran would just go with that, at $1.50 a shirt, just have someone else press them!

Damn spellcheck....eating not earrings. I'm going to stop eating now.....:rotfl2:

They'll press your shirts on board? Not that I wear anything that requires ironing. ;)

Since Parrot Cay is going to be Carioca's (sp?) after the upgrade, do you think there is still going to be two different buffets when you board? I'm just so new to sailing with Disney, went on my first cruise on the Dream this past January (and the only other time I sailed was about 8 years or so ago on one of the Carnival ships and I don't remember a whole lot about that one!). I think it was the 3rd night of a 4 night cruise on the Dream before I realized the importance of the Personal Navigator!!! Dohhh! I'm going on the Magic on the double dip on October 20 so I'm very excited but I'll have my hubby, 4yo daughter, aunt, cousin, and cousin's 4yo daughter with me so I'm wondering what is the best choice for such a big group to eat on embarkation day. I am thankful you mentioned the part about having to juggle luggage and a meal tray while trying to find a seat. I don't want any part of that especially when you add 4 year olds to the mix!!

WOW! Your room is huge. I love it. That must have been great especially the huge shower.

This will be our first cruise that we have done VGT. So we have no idea what we will get. I hope that one is available.

We have always done 5B or 4B. But I will be happy in any room really.

Egg Foo young is my very favorite chinese, You have great taste.:thumbsup2

It's a safety issue. One of the worst things that can happen on a ship is a fire. Hence no candles or electrical items that get hot are allowed. I think the one exception are hair straighteners.

They'll press your shirts on board? Not that I wear anything that requires ironing. ;)

Yes, they do. The first thing I do when my luggage arrives is sending my gowns for pressing. Dry cleaning is also insanely cheap on the ships.

Since Parrot Cay is going to be Carioca's (sp?) after the upgrade, do you think there is still going to be two different buffets when you board? I'm just so new to sailing with Disney, went on my first cruise on the Dream this past January (and the only other time I sailed was about 8 years or so ago on one of the Carnival ships and I don't remember a whole lot about that one!). I think it was the 3rd night of a 4 night cruise on the Dream before I realized the importance of the Personal Navigator!!! Dohhh! I'm going on the Magic on the double dip on October 20 so I'm very excited but I'll have my hubby, 4yo daughter, aunt, cousin, and cousin's 4yo daughter with me so I'm wondering what is the best choice for such a big group to eat on embarkation day. I am thankful you mentioned the part about having to juggle luggage and a meal tray while trying to find a seat. I don't want any part of that especially when you add 4 year olds to the mix!!

Yes, I have read a few times now that Carioca's will serve a buffet for breakfast and lunch and a sit down meal for dinner.

Corinna

Damn spellcheck....eating not earrings. I'm going to stop eating now.....:rotfl2:

The last two cruises I have sent stuff out for either cleaning or pressing as soon as we got our luggage. It costs half the dry cleaning or laundry fee, so it is a really good deal.

I don't think they could have only one restaurant to serve all the folks coming on board. I think the indoor restaurant would be better for a larger party. That way they bring you the drinks and you can spend the time chasing the kids and not the food.

WOW! Your room is huge. I love it. That must have been great especially the huge shower.

This will be our first cruise that we have done VGT. So we have no idea what we will get. I hope that one is available.

We have always done 5B or 4B. But I will be happy in any room really.

Egg Foo young is my very favorite chinese, You have great taste.:thumbsup2

Chances are you will not get that room, there are only two of them on the whole ship and most of the time they are booked by disabled travelers. However, you never know, stranger things have happened!

I love Egg Foo Yung, but sadly I am disappointed when I get it in restaurants now that I have learned to make it. :rotfl:

Oops, how late am I!!
Hope you can forgive me and I will try and catch up now :flower3:

No worries, I'm really just getting started here! We just pulled out of port!

It's a safety issue. One of the worst things that can happen on a ship is a fire. Hence no candles or electrical items that get hot are allowed. I think the one exception are hair straighteners.

Yes, they do. The first thing I do when my luggage arrives is sending my gowns for pressing. Dry cleaning is also insanely cheap on the ships.

Yes, I have read a few times now that Carioca's will serve a buffet for breakfast and lunch and a sit down meal for dinner.

Corinna

If I'd known that they had irons in the laundry room, there never would have been an issue, but this way she to have her shirts pressed instead of having to do it herself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter