We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals - Updated 1/15

That's a difficult question to ask. All 3 have pros and cons; and it is hard to judge how loud the outside traffic noise is.

That said...for me, it is a choice between Apartment 1 and Apartment 3.

I love house hunters! I watch it all the time, and I'd say my track record at guessing is at about 85%. With that being said, I don't know which one you guys would pick...but I'm going to guess #3, because it seems big inside but not too big and has a cool patio/balcony area. Can't wait to see the outcome, and how your final pick actually looks when you're all moved in!

The apartment hunting sounds hard. Hope you found somewhere you could both call home. I'm reading this in the lobby of port orleans French quarter waiting for the ME after a fantastic 2 weeks here. Looking forward to hearing which apartment you chose xx

#3 pick #3!

You just cannot leave us hanging this way........I''m to invested now gosh darn it. :lmao:

Oh, man... I hate waiting for updates, and now I really want to know which one you chose.

I pick number two!:cool1:

Wow I LOVE House Hunters! What a clever way to tell your apartment hunting story! :dance3: I don't watch it as much as I used to when we had cable, although Hulu does have it too. That was definately one of my favorite HGTV shows. I like them all for different reasons, but I tend to like #3 best! I love the patio, the homey look to it, the price (more $ to spend at Disney!) :rotfl2:

You've got us all drooling for more!! Please hurry and let us know which one you chose?? :yay::rolleyes1 :hourglass

I am liking #3 as well. I can personaly live with an outdated kitchen, as long as its functional!

Excited to hear what you picked. Please don't leave us hanging to long!

I just hope that whichever one you pick you enjoy it. As a landlord, we don't take cosigners as a rule, which would unfortunately rule out folks like you who might be good candidates, but protect us against folks who don't have quite as good relationship with their parents.

I hope that whichever unit you choose it works out with your needs and is something good for you in the long run.

I was astonished to find out that most apartments don't come with refrigerators and other appliances. We always provide a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and possibly a microwave as a hood fan. We are also in the process of upgrading all of our units to granite countertops and amazing backsplashes so that they are drop dead gorgeous. (otherwise they were so old they looked decrepit!) But I digress!

On with your story!

Great update!!! How exhausting your apartment search must have been--looking in more than one city. We had to find our daughter an apt. for college, and had ONE day to do it--it was HIDEOUS! Loving your story:thumbsup2!

Excellent update! You certainly did not disappoint. Choices, choices! Whatever you chose I hope you are enjoying your new home.

:confused3 We are all missing you and can't wait to hear about your apartment choice! :thumbsup2

Hope all is well in the land of Diz. Let us know. :goodvibes

That's a difficult question to ask. All 3 have pros and cons; and it is hard to judge how loud the outside traffic noise is.

That said...for me, it is a choice between Apartment 1 and Apartment 3.

Interesting. Well, you'll see in a few minutes.

Please don't keep us in suspense too long. I'm enjoying your story so far.

Suspense is almost over! I'm glad you're enjoying reading along :thumbsup2

I love house hunters! I watch it all the time, and I'd say my track record at guessing is at about 85%. With that being said, I don't know which one you guys would pick...but I'm going to guess #3, because it seems big inside but not too big and has a cool patio/balcony area. Can't wait to see the outcome, and how your final pick actually looks when you're all moved in!

We love House Hunters too. There was certainly a period of time in NY when we just had HGTV on constantly. You'll see in a second how your pick fared.

The apartment hunting sounds hard. Hope you found somewhere you could both call home. I'm reading this in the lobby of port orleans French quarter waiting for the ME after a fantastic 2 weeks here. Looking forward to hearing which apartment you chose xx

I'm so jealous of your trip to Port Orleans. We're spoiled by Disneyland, but still missing WDW!

I'm guessing #3 too!

Maybe I should have made a poll!

What a fun way to write the update! Can't wait til the commercial break is over to see what you picked :)

Glad you liked the update. Hopefully you like our choice!

#3 pick #3!

You just cannot leave us hanging this way........I''m to invested now gosh darn it. :lmao:

Sorry for the cliffhanger :rotfl2: It doesn't help that these text-heavy updates take forever for me to write!

Oh, man... I hate waiting for updates, and now I really want to know which one you chose.

I pick number two!:cool1:

Interesting choice.

:confused3 I'm guessing you picked #3 too! Looking forward to finding out! :goodvibes

The wait is almost over!

Wow I LOVE House Hunters! What a clever way to tell your apartment hunting story! :dance3: I don't watch it as much as I used to when we had cable, although Hulu does have it too. That was definately one of my favorite HGTV shows. I like them all for different reasons, but I tend to like #3 best! I love the patio, the homey look to it, the price (more $ to spend at Disney!) :rotfl2:

You've got us all drooling for more!! Please hurry and let us know which one you chose?? :yay::rolleyes1 :hourglass

Hopefully the wait wasn't too bad. About to be revealed. We've always loved House Hunters too! I can always put it on as a fun distraction for a half-hour.

I am liking #3 as well. I can personaly live with an outdated kitchen, as long as its functional!

Excited to hear what you picked. Please don't leave us hanging to long!

We definitely knew we could live with an outdated kitchen as long as everything worked. We're definitely used to not everything being perfect. Hope the wait wasn't too interminable. About to be revealed finally!

I'm guessing #3...........popcorn::

I think I'd pick #3! Can't wait for an update! popcorn::

I would say #3 too

Lots of votes for #3.

I just hope that whichever one you pick you enjoy it. As a landlord, we don't take cosigners as a rule, which would unfortunately rule out folks like you who might be good candidates, but protect us against folks who don't have quite as good relationship with their parents.

I hope that whichever unit you choose it works out with your needs and is something good for you in the long run.

I was astonished to find out that most apartments don't come with refrigerators and other appliances. We always provide a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and possibly a microwave as a hood fan. We are also in the process of upgrading all of our units to granite countertops and amazing backsplashes so that they are drop dead gorgeous. (otherwise they were so old they looked decrepit!) But I digress!

On with your story!

I definitely understand the desire to stay away from cosigners, though I'm glad we were able to work it out. The fridge thing is just stupid. Apparently it's just really common in SoCal not to have them provided. We definitely didn't see many places that had bothered upgrading all that much, and I think it's simply because the rental market in this area is so hot that they don't feel like they need to.

Great update!!! How exhausting your apartment search must have been--looking in more than one city. We had to find our daughter an apt. for college, and had ONE day to do it--it was HIDEOUS! Loving your story:thumbsup2!

Ugh, I can't imagine an apartment search in one day. It was hard enough for us to see so many places over a long weekend. It was totally exhausting and reminded me why moving is just the worst.

Excellent update! You certainly did not disappoint. Choices, choices! Whatever you chose I hope you are enjoying your new home.

Glad you liked the update. Hopefully you like the final decision!

:confused3 We are all missing you and can't wait to hear about your apartment choice! :thumbsup2

Hope all is well in the land of Diz. Let us know. :goodvibes

All the waiting is finally over. This next update was just so text-heavy that it took forever to write :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter