We leave tomorrow and our dog ran away today

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Pretty Poly, Jan 13, 2013.

1. edith76

edith76 Mouseketeer

So sorry to hear this and hope things turn out well. At least your parents are there to wait for your dog to come home.

Right before our B2B Fantasy cruises last spring our house was broken into and our 21 year old African Grey Parrot was stolen and one of our dogs was stabbed 2 times in the chest (with one of my steak knives they were in the process of stealing). We ended up having to cancel but our circumstances were different.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bitlerzx4

bitlerzx4 DIS Veteran

4. chateau

chateau DIS Veteran

She WILL return! Have FAITH and KNOW she'll be back soon!:thumbsup2

5. kmaria

kmaria Mouseketeer

Praying that she returns home safely before you leave, so that you can enjoy your vacation! :hug:

The dog I had growing up used to run away all the time, he would just blast through the door if we opened it even a crack. He always returned though. Liked to run around and get stinky in the park beside our house. Keep the faith!

Keep us updated, I will be sending good vibes your way :goodvibes

6. quickcat

quickcat Mouseketeer

My thoughts exactly! Its great that your parents are there in case someone calls or to keep looking for her. I am so sorry- our lab is a runner too and I know the panick you are feeling. Best wishes!

7. momtomattclare

momtomattclare Mouseketeer

I can't even imagine. I'm so sorry. I hope when you're back from your cruise you will be able to post a happy update.

8. Disneydonnam

Disneydonnam DIS VETERAN

So sorry you are going through this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and pray you find her today.

9. bats

bats Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Hope she comes back wagging her tail soon. X

10. Disney Dreams

Disney Dreams Proudly afflicted with TDMA!

I have tears in my eyes as I read this. We were on the Wonder when we got a ship-to-shore phone call (NEVER a good thing, I'm convinced). It was ours friends who were watching our dog (read: baby). I was numb. Helpless. He was found by a VERY sweet family who took him in and took care of him until we got their message off of our home voicemail and connected our friend's with them. May your little four-legged love be returned to your family very soon. And then make sure to put a tag on him that has your parents' cell number on it... just in case.

Sending good thoughts to you, your family, and your pup,
    Dreams

11. DisneyWillow1975

DisneyWillow1975 Earning My Ears

Oh, I am so sorry! My thoughts are with you and your husky. I've got 2 of my own, and know how they love to run. Sending you and your husky lots of pixie dust.

12. sweetpee_1993

sweetpee_1993 DIS Veteran

I've been thinking of you all day. Our little fur-baby is the only dog I've ever had. Never dreamed I could love a pet so much. She's my 3rd child, seriously! This from the girl who used to think dog-people were zealots. LOL!

I'm praying your little fur-baby decides it's time to come home for some snuggles and love. Hopefully it will be be kept safe while out on walkabout. I know I'd be a blubbering mess if it was my baby so my heart is going out to you. Update us when you can.

:hug:

13. engle

engle DIS Veteran

I just can't imagine...please tell me you found him!!

I too, used to think dog people were freaks!! I now have 3 and they are the lights of my life...we have no children.

I read through this entire thread praying you would post that he was found!!

14. SoCaOC-Mom

SoCaOC-Mom DIS Veteran

I am sorry to read your dog is missing. I will hope that he comes home happy and well before your the start of your journey.