We leave tomorrow and our dog ran away today

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Pretty Poly, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Pretty Poly

Pretty Poly Relaxing with a mai tai

I am absolutely beside myself.. I don't know what to do. We leave early in the morning for Miami, and tonight our beloved husky got out while my father was taking the trash out. My parents are staying at our house to dog sit, and she snuck out on him. We've been looking for hours, but when she gets out. she just runs. It's pitch black out there now. She just took off and no one saw which way she went. She's gotten out once before and got hit by a car. I'm sure that it will happen again if she makes it out to the main road.

I have no idea what to do. I'm so upset. :worried: We're going to two 5-day B2B cruises, and there is no possible way that I'm going to enjoy myself with her missing. I'm at a complete loss.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WDWChloe

WDWChloe WDW Annual Passholder

Oh no, I can't imagine :( I'm praying you find her soon!

4. Feisty Fairy

Feisty Fairy DIS Veteran

I know it is difficult. One time we left our dog with a friend and dropped her off a couple hours early. She ran away from our house only to be returned to us by a stranger. I solved that by butting a temporary tag with there address on it. And then we have another dog that constantly runs away given the opportunity. Even when she is the fenced in back yard she digs out. Does she have a tag on? I am sure she will be back home soon. When mine runs away she stays out for hours but when she gets tired she comes back to the front door. We finally fixed that problem though with a cable, stake and padlock. (long story) LOL

I am sure she will be okay.

5. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry. I totally get where you are. We had a friend of my sisters watch my dog while we went to Europe a number of years ago. We dropped her off the afternoon of the night we were flying out. She ran away 2 hours later. It wasn't one of my happiest trips. I'm hoping for a better outcome for you. :hug:

:cutie:

6. HowFun

HowFun The Howard Family=Fun!

I'm so sorry! Hoping for the best :hug:

7. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

Any update? I'm so sorry...I hope. I hope your baby is home!

8. mae5731

mae5731 Mouseketeer

We have a husky baby as well. Yep, they're runners. Pixiedust pixiedust: that it turns out fine and hugs :hug:.

9. barbarasc

barbarasc CruiseCrazy

So sorry......she will come home think positive! Maybe she has a boyfriend she wanted to say hello too :confused3 Maybe she knows a good pizza joint and was hungry ::yes:: Don't worry it will be OK! :thumbsup2

10. Ptwolfman

Ptwolfman Mouseketeer from CA

I can imagine what you're going through. Please update us WHEN she comes home. Our prayers are with you

11. HippieChickadee

HippieChickadee Mouseketeer

I hope you have some dedicated family and friends to look for him/her :(

I'd be a wreck too.

:hug: keep us updated

12. fitmom0f2

fitmom0f2 Mouseketeer

:tink:
    Lots of pixie dust and prayers coming your way, hoping for your dogs safe return soon so that you will have peace of mind on your trip.

13. CrawfordMomof2

CrawfordMomof2 Mouseketeer

Very well put Wolfman! :goodvibes

I can't imagine how hard this must be, but try to stay positive. You can call home from the ship, and when you find out she has returned then all is well! I'm praying for you and for the puppy. :hug:

14. TLSnell1981

TLSnell1981 Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine

My heart goes out to you. We've had several huskies, they are free spirits...love to run. Hopefully, you've been unable to update and she's back home. :hug:

15. Mitzzie

Mitzzie Mouseketeer

16. MND

MND DIS Veteran

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this! I hope he returns home safely.

Mike

17. magrudersmakes3

magrudersmakes3 DIS Veteran

I am so sorry to hear this has happened. Yes, please let us know how it turns out as we will all be thinking and praying for her safe return.:hug:

18. KMarston

KMarston Mouseketeer

My daughters dog ran out on her right before vacation as well. I found a site on the net that does an Amber alert kind of thing for dogs. I paid for it to call 500 of her neighbors. I know it went out as my father and a friend live close enough to get the alert. You could put your parents number. The site was lostmydoggie. I signed up for the free plan and received a code for $20 off a while later. I hope you find your pup soon. That is just awful.

19. karyn0995

karyn0995 Mouseketeer

I don't know you but my heart breaks for you. What a horrible way to start your vacation. The bright side is that your parents will be at your house and there to serve as her welcome committee when she comes home. Also, I'm sure they know how much she means to you and will do everything in their power to continue the search if she doesn't make it home on her own for some reason.

I'm not going to tell you to try to enjoy your cruise because I know that, if I were in your position I would be completely miserable. But I will suggest you try to focus on the way your Husky makes you laugh and smile each day and hope that offers you something to look forward to once you're back home.

Sending many hugs your way for the best outcome for you and your pup.:hug:

20. SarahC73

SarahC73 Earning My Ears

This is awful, hope your baby returns safe and well, thinking of you :hug:

21. Cheerio

Cheerio Mouseketeer

Oh no :( I hope you get a safe return today, let's hope she wandered around all night and is now ready to come home for breakfast.