We invite you, if you dare ……… Summer plans 08/04 Day 25

We will be at WDW Aug 7 - 10, then off to the Fantasy for 14 nights, so that lets us return for a short stay Aug 24 - 28.
After that we are off to Key West for 5 nights, returning to WDW Sept 2 - 7.

I think we compared dates before and miss each other by a day or two. ;)

Shoot; we arrive the 16th and depart on the 22nd (and we are staying at OKW....hoping for better service for our 30th anniversary).

I'm here! I'm so sad we'll JUST be missing each other!! :sad2:

A studio in OKW sounds lovely. I mean, it even LOOKS like a home. Great choice

Yeah another Karin and Tom TR! Can't wait loved reading all your other TR's!!! :)

:welcome:
I am so glad you chose to join us!

I remember those studios or was it a 1 bedroom ???

Rosie, that was a 1 bedroom when you visited, this time we "downgrade" to a studio for the first three nights, but after the cruise we should be back to in a 1 bedroom again.
I NEED that washer and dryer after 14 nights on the ship! :thumbsup2

Shoot; we arrive the 16th and depart on the 22nd (and we are staying at OKW....hoping for better service for our 30th anniversary).

I know, Kathy! I had high hopes when you said you would be at WDW in August, then you posted your dates and I was floored! ;)

I'm here! I'm so sad we'll JUST be missing each other!! :sad2:

A studio in OKW sounds lovely. I mean, it even LOOKS like a home. Great choice

:woohoo: Yuki's here! :woohoo:
It is such a shame we miss each other. I wish I could hug the bride and groom in person. You are such an awesome couple!

I had a hard time coming to terms with the studio. I am so used to having a 1 bedroom at OKW, but Tom is right. We do not need all that space for those first three nights and it saves a lot of points. ;)

Love the logos!!!! Sorry it's back to reality...ahem work :lmao:

You know...I am looking at changing to early-mid august...and I am debating on a villa...OKW ;) or BLT...always subject to change....:rotfl2:

How cool if I could manage to meet up with you at the beginning and Kathy near the end :hyper:

Hi Karin
i was finally able to get over to sub to your next adventure!!!
I love the graphic art Tom has created for this trip .

:woohoo: Yuki's here! :woohoo:
It is such a shame we miss each other. I wish I could hug the bride and groom in person. You are such an awesome couple!

I had a hard time coming to terms with the studio. I am so used to having a 1 bedroom at OKW, but Tom is right. We do not need all that space for those first three nights and it saves a lot of points. ;)

Andrew and I are going to miss you too! Did you get my Christmas card?

Tom is a smart man. Save those points for something better!

Speaking of studios, while I was on Airbnb, I noticed that the Hong Kong definition of a "studio" was essentially a closet with a shower in it but the Paris def of a "studio" was a one-bedroom apt! What a difference, eh?

Yes, I'm looking at Paris because I'm hoping to make a trip to DLRP in 2014 *fingers crossed*

Love the logos!!!! Sorry it's back to reality...ahem work :lmao:

You know...I am looking at changing to early-mid august...and I am debating on a villa...OKW ;) or BLT...always subject to change....:rotfl2:

How cool if I could manage to meet up with you at the beginning and Kathy near the end :hyper:

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the changing back to early-mid August might work out. It would be so much fun to meet up with you.
OKW is awesome, you know. Largest villas of all the DVC resorts. ;) AND as an added bonus ..... we are staying there too. :rotfl2:
It would be awesome if we could meet and then you could meet with Kathy. It's such a shame we are missing her by just a mere day or two.

I love your trip logos!

Thank you! Tom will be pleased to hear they find approval! :thumbsup2

Hi Karin
i was finally able to get over to sub to your next adventure!!!
I love the graphic art Tom has created for this trip .

Hi Michelle,
I am so glad to have you here, especially since I hope you will be part of our first trip. We cannot wait to see all of you again! :thumbsup2

Andrew and I are going to miss you too! Did you get my Christmas card?

Tom is a smart man. Save those points for something better!

Speaking of studios, while I was on Airbnb, I noticed that the Hong Kong definition of a "studio" was essentially a closet with a shower in it but the Paris def of a "studio" was a one-bedroom apt! What a difference, eh?

Yes, I'm looking at Paris because I'm hoping to make a trip to DLRP in 2014 *fingers crossed*

Yes, Yuki, I did get your Christmas card. Thank you again for it.

The problem with booking the studio is that we know how awesome their 1 bedrooms are, but it really didn't make sense to spend about twice the points for the three nights, esp. since we will be coming in late the first night and leaving early on the last day.
I got a bit mixed up about the studios in Paris, as my first thougth was .... hm, there are no studios on Disney property. :lmao: Only then did I realize you were talking about Airbnb. :lmao:

Let me know IF/when you decide to go to DLRP in 2014. Maybe we will be able to join you for a weekend, or if not, I at least can give you a lot of tips. :thumbsup2

Sorry I haven't posted any planning or updates yet, but last week was a bit more stressful than I would have liked. Back to work/school after two weeks of holiday was no fun. ;)

There is just a little bit of an update, but I cannot reveal everything yet. So far I have been planning a DISmeet with some friends and it's looking good. One meet is already finalized, just waiting for the second family to get back to me. Once I have all the info I can post that update!

But in the meantime I can at least start planning for our February trip here. :thumbsup2

dreamlogo1_zps8c5d388a.jpg

Day 1, February 16

Travel day

Our first day will start pretty early. I guess I will spend the night at Tom’s so I don’t have to get up even earlier. Pixie will have gone to her cat hotel the day before and we will have to get up around 4.30. Then after quickly getting ready we will grab a bite to eat before we have to be out the house at 5.30 at the latest. The drive to the airport should take around 20 minutes if we don’t have too much snow that day. We will then park our car at the long time lot at the airport and I am sure I will have done online check in, so all we will have to do is send our luggage off. At 6.40am our plane to Frankfurt should depart

IMG_3315.jpg

and after a delightful little morning snack

IMG_3318.jpg

we should arrive at Frankfurt airport at around 8am. We will then have 5 hours to kill at the airport and yes, there is a later flight to Frankfurt, but the stopover times for the second flight are pretty short and I am always afraid of missing my connection if we were delayed because of snow.
I guess we will just check out the airport shops and then pick up something for breakfast or an early lunch.

IMG_3320.jpg

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

At around 12 we will head towards our departure gate as our plane is leaving shortly after 1pm.

IMG_3334.jpg

Once we will have reached cruising altitude we will be fed some lunch,

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3347.jpg

then we will take some sleeping aid, watch a little on board TV (or on Tom’s pad) and hope to drift off to sleep for a while. Hopefully a longer while.
I guess we will have woken up in time for dinner,

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3356.jpg

so will be fed again and hopefully we will arrive on time at around 6pm.
Once we are off the plane we will need to get in line for immigration and when we have finally gone through that line we will pick up our luggage and head to the rental car stations.
There will be another line we will have to get through, then we will be assigned a car

IMG_0021.JPG

and when we have finally found it and loaded our luggage into the trunk we will be on our way to Walt Disney World for the night.

IMG_1421.jpg

And after a short stop at Publix to pick up some drinks, I guess around 8 – 9pm we will arrive at Pop Century to check in.

0100.jpg

And after stowing our luggage in the room we will walk across the Generation Gap bridge and over to Art of Animation for dinner.
Depending on when we will actually arrive, we may even make a short visit to Downtown Disney to peek into World of Disney and pick up a treat or two from Goofy’s. Guess around midnight we will be in bed.

OH, I feel a pang in my heart when I see the picture of Pop. I really do love it there. It'sour first stay/love. I am happy to try new places out, but I will always have a love affair with Pop.

I just love that you've made this trip SO MUCH that you're able to pretty much predict everything that will happen.

OH, I feel a pang in my heart when I see the picture of Pop. I really do love it there. It'sour first stay/love. I am happy to try new places out, but I will always have a love affair with Pop.

I know exactly how you feel! It'll always be home to me.

I hear ya, Jen! We have stayed at Pop often and we always enjoyed it and loved our stay - darn Brits, who came up with that huge discount including FD, and we strayed. ;)
But we are really looking forward to stay at Pop again, even if it's only for 1 night. :thumbsup2

I just love that you've made this trip SO MUCH that you're able to pretty much predict everything that will happen.

I know exactly how you feel! It'll always be home to me.

Yes, travel days are VERY easy to predict ...... from there on it is a lot of wishful thinking. :rotfl2:

Hi, Karin! As you know, a few of us have been away from the Dis since we lost our dear friend Sarah, just after Christmas. It is good to be back - thanks so much for letting me know about your PTR's. I am excited to read your plans as everything unfolds! There is even a possibility that I might be in WDW the end of August with Sophia for a few days...just waiting for discounts to be released.:thumbsup2 It would be wonderful if some days overlapped. ::yes::

I am all caught up here - LOVE Tom's logos!! He is amazing! POP is so much fun, even for a night, and then to begin your summer trip with 3 ngts at OKW, well, it looks heavenly!

Sophia will have her first WDW experience this month! They go to FL for a week every winter to visit family, but this year, as their Christmas gift, I added 2 ngts in a LM room at AOA (Sophia's room choice), and a day at MK with breakfast at CRT! Sophia is VERY excited - though she says she will not be hugging anyone and her mom must be in all photos with her. ;)

The trip is really kind of selfish because once she goes with her parents, I can take her with me for a Nana & Sophia trip! She wants to stay in a Princess Room, but I am hoping to rent points and convince her how much fun one a Villa will be. :thumbsup2

Now off to catch up on your TR!

Hi Karin , can't believe how close your February trip is !!!:cool1:I am seriously thinking of a 2014 February trip , not sure about the cruise as I am prolly doing a solo unless someone else wants to join me !!!:confused3:thumbsup2

Hi, Karin! As you know, a few of us have been away from the Dis since we lost our dear friend Sarah, just after Christmas. It is good to be back - thanks so much for letting me know about your PTR's. I am excited to read your plans as everything unfolds! There is even a possibility that I might be in WDW the end of August with Sophia for a few days...just waiting for discounts to be released.:thumbsup2 It would be wonderful if some days overlapped. ::yes::

I am all caught up here - LOVE Tom's logos!! He is amazing! POP is so much fun, even for a night, and then to begin your summer trip with 3 ngts at OKW, well, it looks heavenly!

Sophia will have her first WDW experience this month! They go to FL for a week every winter to visit family, but this year, as their Christmas gift, I added 2 ngts in a LM room at AOA (Sophia's room choice), and a day at MK with breakfast at CRT! Sophia is VERY excited - though she says she will not be hugging anyone and her mom must be in all photos with her. ;)

The trip is really kind of selfish because once she goes with her parents, I can take her with me for a Nana & Sophia trip! She wants to stay in a Princess Room, but I am hoping to rent points and convince her how much fun one a Villa will be. :thumbsup2

Christine, last year seems to have been a bad year for the DIS community as by now I know of three DISers we have lost.
Tom and I lost a very dear DISfriend ourselves, one we had planned on meeting in February and I was devastated to learn of her passing. I knew she was battling cancer but I never expected that she would go so soon.
Her 17 year old son thankfully has some of her family to be with, as his father passed away a few years ago too.

On a happier note, it would be fun to meet with you and Sophia, if our dates overlap. Have you got some dates yet? Kathy will be there too!
And what exciting news about Sophia's first trip! She is going to love AoA! The LM rooms weren't open when we visited in the summer, but the rest of the resort is just awesome! :goodvibes
And breakfast at Cindy's! You are a very nice granny! She is going to love it!

And I can actually understand her wish to stay in a Princess room. Maybe nana can be convinced - guess it would be more fun than staying at a DVC resort. ;) I keep my fingers crossed for you for a REALLY good discount.

We have not been to stay at Pop in a long time and I cannot wait to go back there again. :lmao: It's funny that now we have stayed at so many deluxe resorts you can get so excited about staying at a value, but there are lots of fond memories for us.

Hi Karin , can't believe how close your February trip is !!!:cool1:I am seriously thinking of a 2014 February trip , not sure about the cruise as I am prolly doing a solo unless someone else wants to join me !!!:confused3:thumbsup2

Yes, Rosie, we are getting "frightfully" close! :rotfl2: In just 5 weeks we will be on our way to Port Canaveral to cruise on the DREAM again. :thumbsup2

It would be awesome if we could meet up again in February 2014! Have you asked at the Granny thread if anyone is interested in "maybe" taking a cruise with you? I am still keeping my fingers crossed for you, so you might choose to cruise the same time we do in 2014! :thumbsup2

Looks like your planning is off to a great start! Studios aren't so bad - we only have 150 pts, so that is what we always choose - that way we can save some points for the future.:banana: You will still have a balcony and a little table and chairs.

I love the new logos that Tom made!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the changing back to early-mid August might work out. It would be so much fun to meet up with you.
OKW is awesome, you know. Largest villas of all the DVC resorts. ;) AND as an added bonus ..... we are staying there too. :rotfl2:
It would be awesome if we could meet and then you could meet with Kathy. It's such a shame we are missing her by just a mere day or two.
I am waiting on Summer AP rates! They are usually really good at OKW :hyper: I'd love to meet you and Tom!! AND Kathy and Mark :yay:

[

There is just a little bit of an update, but I cannot reveal everything yet.
popcorn::

:hug:

A Nana and Sophia trip sounds great!! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter