We have now stayed at all 4 Moderate resorts ~ Just back from POR!

I also have to say reading all there PTR and TR- I think I might write ours. I did start one a few weeks ago in WORD, some ramblings. It would be scare on the photos, because I have nothing uploaded to photobucket or anything... But I was just asked - when do you go to Disney, My response "65 days! " I was laughed at :lmao:

Sorry I had to post when I saw my ticker... and to comment, the first cab ride is priceless, to some it would be another picture but to us Moms it's a step forward in our babies lives! DD was so excited for a cab ride, especially a disney cab ride... even the cab ride was magical! :lmao:

I was just thinking the food court looked really nice, now I understand there is more to a food court than burgers and nuggets! I love the pasta bar and make your own salad!
But NO GRAB N GO!!! :eek:

I can't compare resort food courts, I've been to All stars - movies and Music - one word = chaos and the mini court at WL (Roaring Forks). I grabbed my cupcake drink and them made DH order breakfast the one day, it was far too small for a resort that size!

I think that's what scares me about the Values and Deluxes. Value food courts look crowded and chaotic. And the Deluxe's either don't have a food court or they have one that is way too small. :confused3

I think the moderates have the nicest food courts. (most of them anyway!) Although I heard the POP food court is nice.

Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to see how POR is similar to CBR with some of the layout of things but so different in theme.

Love the frog!

I finally found you! Love the pix and the boys look like they were in heaven!!! :cloud9:

I would've been so upset about the pool not being warm! I'm not happy when I'm cold! :eek: And the frog...I'm not sure I could've slept after seeing that!

Glad you had a fabulous trip! Remind me~is POR smaller or is POFQ?

Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to see how POR is similar to CBR with some of the layout of things but so different in theme.

Love the frog!

Thanks Amy! :goodvibes Yes, both resorts are very beautiful, but very different in theme.
I finally found you! Love the pix and the boys look like they were in heaven!!! :cloud9:

I would've been so upset about the pool not being warm! I'm not happy when I'm cold! :eek: And the frog...I'm not sure I could've slept after seeing that!

Glad you had a fabulous trip! Remind me~is POR smaller or is POFQ?

Thanks Jenny!

Well lucky for me (or maybe unlucky :rotfl:) I grew up with a brother and now have 2 boys, so frogs don't bother me too much. Don't get me wrong, I sure could have done without it. But it could have been something worse!

POR is bigger than POFQ. Much bigger. We were very lucky in our room location, some of those buildings were pretty far out there and had lots of winding paths to use to get to everything. We pretty much had a straight shot!

WOW, thanks so much for those photos! You got me super-psyched for our trip next month in Dec. Just a few day last minute trip for my b-day, but we haven't stayed on-site in awhile and I am so excited now! Thanks again, your photos were really awesome! :thumbsup2:santa:

WOW, thanks so much for those photos! You got me super-psyched for our trip next month in Dec. Just a few day last minute trip for my b-day, but we haven't stayed on-site in awhile and I am so excited now! Thanks again, your photos were really awesome! :thumbsup2:santa:

You're welcome! :goodvibes Have a wonderful trip to WDW and POR!

So Shelley when are you going back and where are you staying????

I was just thinking the same thing.

Those are good questions!!

As for when, I'd like to say the same week next November. :wizard: But we will see. . .

As for where, we don't like to go back to the same resort 2 times in a row, so POR & OKW will be out for the next trip.

So the short list for next time is (depending on our budget):

Boardwalk area, so that means YC, BC, BCV, BWI, or BWV. We would also consider the Swan and Dolphin

WL bunkbed room

CBR - pirate room

POP or ASMo - two rooms

I must stand corrected on my list of how we rate the resorts we have stayed at! DS10 informed me last night that POR is his new favorite!! Yes, this coming from the kid that never wants to try anything new and always wants to stay at CBR! Why is POR his new favorite? PIANO BOB!!! :rotfl:

So for DH and I it's: CBR, POR, OKW, POFQ, CSR
For DS10 it's: POR, CBR, OKW, POFQ, CSR
And for DS8 it's: CBR, OKW, POR, POFQ, CSR

There you have it! :goodvibes

And you are in luck POR fans ~ I just loaded all of the pictures DS10 took with his camera (my old camera) and he had several POR pics. He is a pretty good little photographer if I do say so myself!

POR by DS10 ~

BradsNovember2009Disneyphotos011.jpg

BradsNovember2009Disneyphotos013.jpg

BradsNovember2009Disneyphotos014.jpg

BradsNovember2009Disneyphotos015.jpg

BradsNovember2009Disneyphotos016.jpg

BradsNovember2009Disneyphotos018.jpg

BradsNovember2009Disneyphotos020.jpg

BradsNovember2009Disneyphotos021.jpg

BradsNovember2009Disneyphotos022.jpg

BradsNovember2009Disneyphotos023.jpg

BradsNovember2009Disneyphotos024.jpg

BradsNovember2009Disneyphotos026.jpg

BradsNovember2009Disneyphotos027.jpg

BradsNovember2009Disneyphotos030.jpg

Great review - quick question, was there a lot of groundskeeping noise each morning? About what time did the cleaning folks knock on the door each morning?

I track traveller reviews of POR over on TripAdvisor.com and just recently there's a slew of negative reports all complaining that weed whackers and blowers were going at 6am (customer called to complain and CM's told them "that's their typical start time daily") -- was that your experience?

They also complained that Mousekeeping knocked on their door at 8am every morning....

Haven't heard these complaints before, but over the last 2 weeks TripAdvisor has been getting more negatives on POR. We head out to POR 1st week of Feb . . .
-Thanks!

Great review - quick question, was there a lot of groundskeeping noise each morning? About what time did the cleaning folks knock on the door each morning?

I track traveller reviews of POR over on TripAdvisor.com and just recently there's a slew of negative reports all complaining that weed whackers and blowers were going at 6am (customer called to complain and CM's told them "that's their typical start time daily") -- was that your experience?

They also complained that Mousekeeping knocked on their door at 8am every morning....

Haven't heard these complaints before, but over the last 2 weeks TripAdvisor has been getting more negatives on POR. We head out to POR 1st week of Feb . . .
-Thanks!

Thanks!

Nope, we never heard any groundskeeping noise in the mornings. Thankfully!

Housekeeping was in our area around 8:30-9:00 most mornings. Never any earlier. We only had one day when we left the room fairly early and that was the day we let her come in, so I'm not sure what time she came that day. DH would usually go out in the mornings and get what we needed from her when I was getting ready in the mornings, and that was usually around 8:30 or so.

If you don't want them knocking on your door early just make sure to put the "privacy" thing in the keyhole and then they won't knock. And they will come back later to see if you have removed it and want a cleaning that day. And if you still have it in there they will usually leave you a bag of supplies hanging on your door.

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

i must stand corrected on my list of how we rate the resorts we have stayed at! Ds10 informed me last night that por is his new favorite!! Yes, this coming from the kid that never wants to try anything new and always wants to stay at cbr! Why is por his new favorite? Piano bob!!! :rotfl:

So for dh and i it's: Cbr, por, okw, pofq, csr
for ds10 it's: Por, cbr, okw, pofq, csr
and for ds8 it's: Cbr, okw, por, pofq, csr

there you have it! :goodvibes

and you are in luck por fans ~ i just loaded all of the pictures ds10 took with his camera (my old camera) and he had several por pics. He is a pretty good little photographer if i do say so myself!

Por by ds10 ~

bradsnovember2009disneyphotos011.jpg

bradsnovember2009disneyphotos013.jpg

bradsnovember2009disneyphotos014.jpg

bradsnovember2009disneyphotos015.jpg

bradsnovember2009disneyphotos016.jpg

bradsnovember2009disneyphotos018.jpg

bradsnovember2009disneyphotos020.jpg

bradsnovember2009disneyphotos021.jpg

bradsnovember2009disneyphotos022.jpg

bradsnovember2009disneyphotos023.jpg

bradsnovember2009disneyphotos024.jpg

bradsnovember2009disneyphotos026.jpg

bradsnovember2009disneyphotos027.jpg

bradsnovember2009disneyphotos030.jpg

great pictures!!! It looks so lush...i can't wait til jan. To see for myself

You are making it a very hard decision for me: stick with my 2 night CBR reservation or change to Port Orleans. We are 2 adults, staying at Disney to go to Epcot then moving on to a cruise out of Port Canaveral.
Is one resort easier to get in and out of; to go the Epcot or grab the taxi/shuttle to get us to Port Canaveral? Did your DH prefer CBR or PO? The bus ride to Downtown Disney from CBR, does it take less time than the 20 minute boat ride from PO?

Thank you.

You are making it a very hard decision for me: stick with my 2 night CBR reservation or change to Port Orleans. We are 2 adults, staying at Disney to go to Epcot then moving on to a cruise out of Port Canaveral.
Is one resort easier to get in and out of; to go the Epcot or grab the taxi/shuttle to get us to Port Canaveral? Did your DH prefer CBR or PO? The bus ride to Downtown Disney from CBR, does it take less time than the 20 minute boat ride from PO?

Thank you.

Hmm. . . that is a tough one!

We really love both resorts. DH and I do give a slight edge to CBR for a few reasons -- a little more space in the room, the beaches & hammocks, and we just enjoy the Caribbean theme a little more.

Both resorts are a quick 5 minute bus ride to Epcot. Both are also less than a 10 minute bus ride from DTD. I don't think one is easier to get in and out of verses the other.

Good luck! :wizard::goodvibes

Glad you had a wonderful trip. :)

I'm too chicken to try new resorts. We love CBR.

Thanks! :goodvibes

I know, it's hard to try something new when you know you already have a good fit at another resort. We like trying new things, but it's good to know CBR will always be there! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter