We Have Arrived

nepean

Mouseketeer
Arrived at DW this afternoon to sunny skies and warm temperatures. We are staying at the Comfort Suites Maingate East and so far this hotel is great. The pool is warm and the rooms and clean. DD has had her first swim and spicy fries from Checkers.

We left Ottawa Sunday am and hit the freezing rain storm 1 hour out. Fortunately, we only drove in it for about 2 hours. This also but us behind by over an hour. Since we left late (I had to work until 10:30 am) this meant we didn't stop until really late. WE stopped in NC at 1:30 am. There was verylittle truck traffic on 81 or 95 the whole way down. That was weird.

WE are off to MK tomorrow and are looking forward to two weeks of bliss.

I will be on line almost every day since DD has homework to do and we have free high speed access. Any questions??

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Nepean

I don't have any questions but I wish I was there :wave: I got stuck shoveling all that frozen ice from my driveway :sad: It's going to be a looong winter this year in our area.

Have a great time. :D

Happy to hear you made it ok. That is a long drive. Make sure you let us know what you are doing everyday so that we, in the freezing coild weather, can be extremely jealous!
jo

Just to make you feel even better about being there, it's freezing rain outside here in southwestern Ontario right now :charac2: .

The weather is 80+F and I am at the pool. MK was crowded yesterday but we did almost everything before closing at 8:00. The fireworks were terrific, better than CAnada DAy in Ottawa. I am not looking forward to home and snow on the 22nd.

Have a great weekend and dream Disney.

Nepean

You're getting better weather than we had in Orlando last week. The hottest it got was low 70's. Still it was much better than what we have here in NS now. We saw the fireworks at MK 3 nights and there were beautiful. Hope you have a great vacation.

Well yesterday while you were enjoying the warm weather and fireworks, those of us stuck in Ottawa spent hours in rush hour traffic due to another snow storm with LOTS of snow.

How are your hotel rates? I know the AP rate for the All-Stars is $49 during value season.

Hope that you are having a great vacation! :flower1: I would be interested to get more details on your drive down and back (how long, stops, hotel, etc...). I am thinking of driving down from Kingston but I am a little worried that we will all be too tired and cranky when we get there.

T.C.

We are staying off site at the Comfort Suites Maingate East. We got a great rate of $49.50 using the Choice Hotel Web site guarantee of lowest rate less 10%. We found a rate of $55.00 on hotelmartusa and they honoured it plus 10%. The room is huge and the breakfast is excellent. It also includes free high speed internet and with DD in high school on line we need the internet. Would recommend this hotel to anyone it is beautiful and spotless.

Regarding the drive down, we left on Sunday at 10:30 am and hit freezing rain in Prescott to WAtertown. This cost us about 1-1/1/2 hours. Then it was clear sailing. We stopped in Roanoke NC at 1:30 and left about 8:30 the next morning and arrived in St. Augustine at 9:00 p.m. We shopped in NC for about 3 hours. It was a pleasant drive with temperatures in the 70's the second day. We always drive since I hate to fly and the cost of driving with three is equal to one airfare. I would rather have the money at Disney.
Any specific questions send me a PM.

Nepean
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter