We have arrived

Discussion in 'Australia' started by meandmygirl, Sep 16, 2012.

1. meandmygirl

meandmygirl Mouseketeer

3.04am and I have been wide awake since 1.30am. Flight over was long and my tailbone just ached most of the way so getting comfortable was hard and I got about 43 seconds sleep.

Flew through immigration/customs at LAX - DD having a broken arm does have advantages. Candy Cane Inn is nice and clean. Very hot here, meant to be 37 degrees today:crazy2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SnowWhite09

SnowWhite09 DIS Veteran

Have a great trip after you get some sleep ;)

4. australiankaren

australiankaren I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DV

Hey mate..welcome to the USA :thumbsup2

Yep, it's a long flight and my dh also complained about bony bum syndrome:rotfl2: nothing a few dozen pillows couldnt fix.....

Sunscreen....we are sunburnt so use it...

I'm up again at 5.30 am...so sleep pattern is going to suck for a while...enjoy the early morning peace and quiet while it lasts

Have a great day

5. Minniemum

Minniemum DIS Veteran

Glad you arrived safely. Will be thinking of DD's arm in the heat. The upside is you'll use less sunscreen.

6. ExcitedSam

ExcitedSam Mouseketeer

Woohoo! Happy holidays! Enjoy, we'll see you over there :) in 6 days! Hpefully it's cooled down a little bit!

7. hjd0411

hjd0411 DIS Veteran

Glad you arrived safely!! :thumbsup2
    Hope you manage to get some sleep soon - jetlag can be a killer!!! :scratchin Looking forward to hearing more!! :surfweb:

8. Ms. Shuttergirl

Ms. Shuttergirl DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your sore tailbone. This is something I am nervous about for this upcoming trip too.

Jetlag sucks, so does heat but Disney is Yay :cool1: so it balances out I think. Hope your sleep settles down soon.

9. Travel Mum

Travel Mum DIS Veteran

Great to know and pleased you are enjoying Candy Cane Inn - that's also where we stayed when we last visited Disneyland. I appreciated the shuttle at the end of long days walking around the parks. :thumbsup2 I'm enjoying following your progress on FB too and I see you are originally from N.Z.!! So you are a fellow Kiwi :cool1:

10. Aust

Aust DIS Veteran

Glad you arrived safe and well, keep cool, I'm REALLY hoping it cools down a bit by Thursday!

11. Andona

Andona Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Glad to hear you are at Disneyland at last! My DS can sympathize with the sore bum problem, he's had it too this trip, not enough padding , he's built like a stick!

I also sympathize re the sleep, I keep waking up in the middle of the night and have been listening to an audio book on my iPad to help put me back to sleep again, at this stage I'd kill for an uninterrupted night!

Enjoy some Disney magic and hope your DD doesn't have too much discomfort from the cast.

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12. Melbourne5

Melbourne5 DIS Veteran

CCI looks like a well located place to stay. Can't wait for your viewpoint on it.

13. Caroline NZ

Caroline NZ DIS Veteran

Great to hear from you. I hope the temperatures cool down a bit for you in the coming days :)

14. Mum from oz

Mum from oz DIS Veteran

Good to see you made it safely. :) Sorry about the tailbone though. I certainly have no lack of padding but I found that is what bothered me most on the flight over.

I would also be interested in hearing how the CCI is. I am trying to pick a place to stay next year.

15. alicia1506

alicia1506 DIS Veteran

Yay that you arrived safe and sound! I am also following along on fb.

16. meandmygirl

meandmygirl Mouseketeer

We have had busy days since arriving. The weather has been hot but nice at the same time.

Sunday - full day at Disneyland and dinner at Goofy's Kitchen
    Monday - full day at California Adventure and dinner at Rainforest Cafe
    Tuesday - shopping at South Coast Plaza
    Wednesday - took bus to Orangefair Shopping Centre, Disneyland for a few hours at night
    Thursday - Legoland
    Today - finished off the 'lands' at Disneyland. Very hot today.
    Tomorrow - full day tour LA/ Hollywood
    Sunday - leave on Disney Wonder cruise

When we return from the cruise we are staying at Hojos for 3 nights. Plans are to finish California Adventure, Citadel shopping outlet, Halloween party, favourite rides at both parks.

It will all be over soon enough and the next holiday will be planned . According to DD we are going to Hawaii lol.

17. Melbourne5

Melbourne5 DIS Veteran

Sounds like a full agenda. Enjoy your trip!

18. hjd0411

hjd0411 DIS Veteran

Wow - you have been busy! Enjoy your cruise! I'm on the Wonder Pacific Coast cruise on Oct 7 and at HoJo's just before. I'm guessing we might just miss each other - I check in 4 Oct.
    I look forward to hearing how the cruise goes - its such an unusual itinerary and there aren't too many of the cruises!! :-)
    Enjoy the rest of your time there.

19. alicia1506

alicia1506 DIS Veteran

sounds like you are having an amazing time -- hope you enjoy your cruise :)

20. Andona

Andona Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

I agree with your DD! We were chatting Bout holidays over dinner tonight and I mentioned Hawaii as a possible plan for next year, DH didn't bat an eyelid so I'm hoping.... :)

Andona

21. Franrose

Franrose DIS Veteran

:cool1: