We had a "Dream" happen!

Discussion in 'Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promot' started by Magickndm, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Magickndm

Magickndm <font color=magenta>The man in black fled across t

Saturday, 12/9, we were doing the Backlot Tour. We got into the "Props" room when a man came over the intercom and said, "Has anyone here ever dreamed of having a park all to themselves after it closes?" Everyone yelled "YES!" He said, "Well, today is your lucky day, your dream is going to come true!"
    Out of no where the Dream Team appears and as we exited the "Props" room we recieved blue wristbands and a button and were told to go to the Indy theater at 8 that evening.
    We showed up at that time, there was about 1500 other people there, some guy in a suit comes out, congratulates us and tells us we'll be in the theater for about 30 minutes while the park clears out, after that time we'll have the park to ourselves for an hour. All rides will be opened and a few snack places. A group called Mulch, Sweat & Shears came out, played a lot of fun music, then Mickey and Minnie drive out in a car. The man in the suit comes back out, tells Mickey to signal when we can leave, Mickey pushes a button, a small amount of low fireworks go off, and we were turned loose!
    Our first stop was to the Osborne Lights. It was so wonderful to see it without the wall to wall sea of people.
    Then we rode RnRC several times. The biggest number of people on a limo was 5 I think.
    Mickey and Minnie were at the front of the park at the end of the hour to take pictures with the guests.
    [​IMG]

I'd like to say right now that this was a total random process, it had nothing to do with having children with you or not. We were just at the right place at the right time.

Here's the button we got:

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. texasthree

texasthree DIS Veteran

Congrats! That sounds great!

4. Becky G

Becky G Earning My Ears

Oh, that is awesome!! And Mickey and Minnie look so beautiful in the picture! Congratulations!

5. scubamouse

scubamouse Mouseketeer<br><font color=blue>My shoes match. I

Congrats - we ran into people who were going there that night. Sounds great!

6. Caitsmama

Caitsmama <font color=darkorchid>Closet Hannah Montana Fan!<

How cool!!

7. momofdbsdc

momofdbsdc momofdbsdca

That's awesome!!! Congratulations!

8. I'mNoPrince

I'mNoPrince <font color=darkorchid>AlterEgo tmt martins<br><fo

Thats a very nice Dream if I do say so.

9. Magickndm

Magickndm <font color=magenta>The man in black fled across t

Thanks guys. We get to WDW about twice a month and nothing like this has ever happened, we've never even had a room upgrade, so we were THRILLED! :banana:

10. zgirl

zgirl Mouseketeer

We were there too! It was awesome. I think we rode ToT over 10 times and RNR twice!

Melissa

11. Disfan3

Disfan3 Viking Blood

sounds WONDERFUL!

Congrats!! :wizard:

12. xyzabc33

xyzabc33 DIS Veteran

Awesome cool! Love the pics of Mickey and Minnie

13. msgrimm23

msgrimm23 <font color=darkorchid>Well, thanks for blowing it

wow thats cool