We got every ADR we wanted!

mommytothreeboys

DIS Veteran
I have to admit I was totally freaked out because I had been reading that TS restaurants were nearly impossible to get less than 180 days out. I only have 50 days so I was going a little nuts! It's our first trip to WDW and we really want to have the full experience which I was beginning to doubt was going to happen! I called today and got each and every ADR that I wanted...what a relief. I had to be a little flexible on times (like eating lunch at 1:30 or dinner at 8:00) but was able to reserve seating for the places that were most important to us! Thank goodness for this board or I would have not known that I needed to call right away. This is what we got:

1st night--Wolfgang Puck
2nd night--Sci-Fi
3rd afternoon---Coral Reef
4th morning--Donald's Breakfast o Saurus
5th night--Liberty Tree Tavern

How did we do? (My kids are 12, 9, and 6) Any feedback is appreciated!

Firstly, welcome to the DIS boards, hope everyone is being helpful:grouphug:
Congratulations on getting your ADRs, you have some great choices. Love the Donalds breakfast twice now and i think the choices on the buffet are great, characters are a lot of fun, especially Goofy:goodvibes Also love Wolfgang Puck, such a large menu its a struggle to choose. Onyl place i don't hear good things about lately is Coral Reef but like they say, bad news is easier to spread than good news, so it could be very unbalanced on here, I think you will have a great time at all your choices:thumbsup2

Our DS 7 loved Liberty Tress last year. The character-to-diner ratio is good, so we got lots of great pix. The food is sometimes criticized, but I happen to love mac n cheese, and as I recall it was really good. I think it is owned by Stouffer's, so you basically get their food in a colonial atmosphere. Minnie looks pregnant in her dress at LTT!! :scratchin See if you think so too!
The rest sound good, but I've either not tried them, or not tried them with a kid. Have fun!
:coffee: (Smile added by DS 7)

Glad you got the ADRs you wanted. They sound great for your group. You will be so happy that you made them in advance. I can't tell you how many times I witnessed angry WDW visitors trying to get a table at a sold out restruarant or being told the wait is 1-2 hours. With kids, no one wants to wait that long. Keep in mind that you can still tweak your ADRs as you go. We keep 99% of our ADRs and find ourselves moving a few around at the last minute, but having a place secured to eat when you're hungry is priceless.

Welcome to the DIS and congrats on getting your ADR's! You'll be so glad you had the forethought to do this! I'll agree with the PP about hearing "angry people" when they find out about the wait times without a ressie.

One thing I'll suggest though, if you can swing it financially, is to book more lunches. Being able to get out of the heat for awhile into air conditioning and have a nice meal is worth every penny! You won't be in the heat, but you also won't be fighting for a place to sit outside or at a counter service place. Sometimes those are so full you have no choice but to go find a wall or curb to sit and eat.

BTW, out of your choices, I've only tried Sci-Fi. The entire family (myself 33, DH 48, DS 12 and best friend 12, mom 56, sister 36 and her 2 girls 14 and 10) all loved it. We're trying Coral Reef also this year. :banana:

Welcome to the Dis!.. I've been to all your ADR's except Wolfgang Pucks. I liked them all. LTT is great character interaction and decent food. I thought the breakfast at Donald's was good. Coral Reef has smaller portions compared to some, but the atmosphere is good. My family and I did not care for Sci-Fi. I think we went on an off night. However, WE LOVE Prime Time Cafe at MGM. The food is really good and the theming is great. The CM's are so entertaining. Plus the desserts are huge! I really think it's a better experience and better food compared to Sci -Fi, but that just my opinion.

Enjoy your trip!

Congratulations! We have been to Coral Reef and really loved it. Just a quick info, I noticed you have two under the age of ten. They normally have a kids special on top of the normal kids menu. Our 7 year old had steak when we were there last year. Hope you have a great trip!!!!:banana:

Let me know how you like sci fi we are going there this time!!! My hubby loves stupid sci fi B movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter