We go to Disney to EAT! 12/07 DDP (update 7/10)COMPLETE with savings!

I think Coral Reef owes you a free dinner ... they spelled anniversary incorrectly on your menu. :confused3

I've enjoyed your reviews and pics - love your hubby's crab claw fingers. And here I thought my hubby and I were the only people out there who play with their food! :rotfl2:

Great reviews so far. Glad you did coral reef. DH and I will be eating there this August on our anniversary. I to got the menu plus the diver for DH. Total surprise for him. He knows nothing about it. And trust me, the wait and the surprise is killing me! I just want Aug 7th 5pm to get here already! :lmao:

Love your review and pictures! My nephew wants to eat in Germany when we go in August (he is 12 and has been taking German for 3 years now.) I know he won't like the food and the picture of your husband just cracked me up!!:rotfl: The food is not for everyone! I have been tossing the idea of the DDP and your prices are swaying me to think that yes I should! popcorn::

Monday, December 17
where: The Mara
DDP: 1 CS meal, shared

we got the bounty platter again
One Boutny Platter, consisting of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, waffle, bancake, biscuit and gravy, also got a water to drink.

TOTAL: $7.99

same picture as before lol

------------------------------------------------------
Monday, Dec. 17 lunch
WHERE: Backlot Express, MGM
DDP: 2 CS credits

1 Double cheeseburger with fries: $7.09
1 apple juice: $2.39
cheesecake: $3.59
1 hot dog with fries: $5.79
1 root beer: $2.09
cheesecake: $3.59

TOTAL: $24.54

I had never eaten here before so we decided to try it. bobby liked his burger. it was big! the actual hot dog was good, but the bun itself was pretty stale! the cheesecake was REALLY good! But I am bias, I love cheesecake!
the inside of this restaurant was very interesting. the name is pretty self explanatory. it had outdoor seating but was FREEZING so we ate inside. but every time the automatic door opened, a chill ran through the room!

137.jpg

up next: WCC and tons of fun!!:banana:

We are in the minority as we enjoy Backlot - I love the grilled turkey sandwich with arugula.:lovestruc

I think Coral Reef owes you a free dinner ... they spelled anniversary incorrectly on your menu. :confused3

I've enjoyed your reviews and pics - love your hubby's crab claw fingers. And here I thought my hubby and I were the only people out there who play with their food! :rotfl2:
r u serious?1 i didnt even notice that!!! must go look now! and yes he plays with his food every trip...

Great reviews so far. Glad you did coral reef. DH and I will be eating there this August on our anniversary. I to got the menu plus the diver for DH. Total surprise for him. He knows nothing about it. And trust me, the wait and the surprise is killing me! I just want Aug 7th 5pm to get here already! :lmao:
aw how exciting! i hope your hubby likes the surprise! take lots of pics! make sure you verify your surprise a few days ahead of time..

Love your review and pictures! My nephew wants to eat in Germany when we go in August (he is 12 and has been taking German for 3 years now.) I know he won't like the food and the picture of your husband just cracked me up!!:rotfl: The food is not for everyone! I have been tossing the idea of the DDP and your prices are swaying me to think that yes I should! popcorn::
yeah...the food wasnt for us! whatever floats your boat!!
the DDP is such a great value for us. plus we like to be able to order whatever on te menu without looking at prices. its vacation! you shouldnt have to worry with that stuff!

Like I said on someone else's report, I wish we were going to Coral Reef. DH would love the aquarium!
then go! r u going to disney soon?

Your DH's pictures are cracking me up.
thanks! hes a goofball

How did you get the personalized menu?
there is a thread on teh restaurant board about it somewhere. i dont have her e mil addy or phone number anymore, but call the CR and ask for debbie and she can hook you up :thumbsup2

You make me want to change my ADR for the Garden Grill in October to the Coral Reef.
i have never eaten at GG so i cant tell you if its worth the change, but CR is a favorite of ours!

I love reading this. What a great idea. It will be really helpful for people who have never been amd for all of us who just love food and prices:lmao:
I try to be helpful. i know how overwhelming it can be. and my DH is a numbers guy. eh wants to see the benefit of teh DDP on paper, so this helps!

Yumo! We love Coral Reef! Df had the customized menus done for us this yr as a surprise to me. I believe they almost forgot ours too and he looked a little panicked then they returned and gave them to us. Did you see any scuba divers while you were there? We sat right next to the tank and they were swimming through. One of them got freaked because there was a shark. It was kinda funny. :goodvibes
haha they almost forgot ours too! we saw a scuba diver i think. i cant remember now!

Great report so far, Just curious about the Menu you had there. I noticed the only dinner choice you had was King Crab. Was that what you had requested or ? We arent big seafood people but we have an ADR for the decor and surroundings. Ive looked and saw they have other options so im kinda confused? Thanks!
what do you mean teh only dinner option? we had the same menu as everyone else it was just printed up differently for us. that may ahve been like a "special" or soemthing. i dont eat seafood either!

How do I get the customized menus and how much do they cost? I would love to do this for our trip in September. Since we can't go anywhere for our one year anniversary we are celebrating three months early. :rolleyes:
its FREE! call the CR and ask for debbie! i e mailed her pics and she set it up!

Loved your review of coral reef!!

Those pictures of your DH & the crab claws are soooo funny!

Great pictures of the food, too!

I will be looking for your review this fall!
thanks for reading!

I love the review:) Pics are great:)
thank you!

Heather, I am loving your food reviews as well as your trip reviews. :thumbsup2 Thanks for taking the time to post. ( I have a little kitty cat named Chloe' also!!! Your pup is a cutie!):goodvibes :goodvibes
i just love the name chloe. thanks for reading!

update: whoever was asking about teh crab being the only thing on the menu, the rest of the choices were on the back I think. b/c of teh pictures thats how the had to do it!

I really should know better than to read a food review before bed... :rotfl2:

I'm hooked! I look forward to reading more! :goodvibes

There aren't many "good" cs places to eat at DHS from what I've heard and experienced. Sorry your bun was stale. Maybe you caught them on an off day. I liked Rosies all american canteen or whatever its called...they had a pretty good burger and fries and I am a picky eater. Can't wait to hear more! Oh and the back lot catering company I think it is called now...has pretty good pulled pork sandwich.

We are in the minority as we enjoy Backlot - I love the grilled turkey sandwich with arugula.:lovestruc
nono We liked it, the food was good, except my bun was stale.

Subscribing! Loving your reviews!
thanks!
I really should know better than to read a food review before bed... :rotfl2:

I'm hooked! I look forward to reading more! :goodvibes
haha I do that all the time! thanks for reading

There aren't many "good" cs places to eat at DHS from what I've heard and experienced. Sorry your bun was stale. Maybe you caught them on an off day. I liked Rosies all american canteen or whatever its called...they had a pretty good burger and fries and I am a picky eater. Can't wait to hear more! Oh and the back lot catering company I think it is called now...has pretty good pulled pork sandwich.

I liked rosies, too. we eat there later in the week. I will ahve to check out that other place!

update: whoever was asking about teh crab being the only thing on the menu, the rest of the choices were on the back I think. b/c of teh pictures thats how the had to do it!

Thanks I was like, Wheres the rest of the menu? Anyway Im Looking forward to hearing your WCC review as Ive heard they dont treat couples like they treat fam's. We (my gf and I) are a mid 20's couple and have an ADR for our upcoming trip and hope to hear you guys had a great time!

Monday, Dec. 17 Dinner
WHERE: Whispering Canyon Cafe
DDP: 2 TS credits

Appetizers:
I got the sausage and cheese plate, LOVED IT! Bobby ordered the skillet so he got salad as his appetizer

cheese/sausage: $7.99

entrees:
Bobby got the skillet and I got the prime rib. He was in HEAVEN with all that food. my food was pretty good, but I'm not a HUGE prime rib fan but wanted to try it. our server told me to eat off of the skillet if I wanted, so I tried a taste of everything, it was YUM!

Skillet: $22,49
Prime Rib: $20.99

we also got milkshakes as our drinks. me vanilla and him strawberry. the strawberry was SO GOOD!

dessert:
we got the cinnimon banana thing, and the cheesecake to go. we were stuffed!

Banana thing: $5.49
cheesecake: $5.49

TOTAL:$72.55
(i couldnt find a price for the milksahkes so i added in 3 bucks a piece)

WE LOVE THIS PLACE! we are hams, but it was so fun. we got to do a kissing contest, and ride around on stick ponys in front of everyone singing "you are my sunshine" and our server, gene, was a BLAST. he learned our names first thing and called us by them the whole time. he gave me a huge straw for my milksahke, too. he was just great all the way around. we are def. going back here in september!
also, bobby asked for more ribs for his skillet, and you know at most places they would bring you out like, one or two. well they brought him out a whole RACK! he was in heaven!

appetizers
157.jpg

skillet
159.jpg

prime rib
160.jpg

164.jpg

Wispering Canyon looks really yummy. Wish I had time to try it in September.

The food looks Great!!! The pony ride is a diffrent story, lol. Last year at Ohana we took part in all the "events" but the pony ride in front of a singing crowd? We will have to see about that...Glad to hear you enjoyed the food though!

Wow that skillet looks good!
Oh, and to answer your other question about if we're going to Disney soon...one month and 2 days!!! :woohoo: I've just started a pre-trippie for it!

mmm that food looked great! The skillet looks amazing...to bad i'd never eat all that in a million yrs.

Wispering Canyon looks really yummy. Wish I had time to try it in September.
its so good, and so fun! hope you get to go one day!

The food looks Great!!! The pony ride is a diffrent story, lol. Last year at Ohana we took part in all the "events" but the pony ride in front of a singing crowd? We will have to see about that...Glad to hear you enjoyed the food though!
haha we are both big hams and act so goofy in disney, so we didnt care!

Wow that skillet looks good!
Oh, and to answer your other question about if we're going to Disney soon...one month and 2 days!!! :woohoo: I've just started a pre-trippie for it!
thats great! you are so close!! i will have to check out your report.

wow the desserts at WCC look so good right now..............
they were so yummy. i wish i had one now!

mmm that food looked great! The skillet looks amazing...to bad i'd never eat all that in a million yrs.
my DH ate most of it, I was impressed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter