We Go Shop vs. Garden Grocers

I've used WGS 3 times and GG once, even though we had to meet with Amy at WGS each time, it was because we had alcohol in our order. Also, had WGS stop at a liquor store to get some of the hard stuff. Much needed after a long day in the parks with 3 toddlers.

So just to double check - if we use Garden Grocer and have alcohol in our order, we don't have to be there to meet them as long as we have faxed them ID beforehand?

Also, as somebody asked earlier, what sort of tip do you add on?

:cool1: grocery stores AKL ??:cool1::worship::woohoo::confused3:lovestruc:rolleyes:

Yes, if you exit the AKL complex, the first traffic light is Sherberth Rd. Take a right on that and follow it to the traffic light. Take a right at that light, and drive about 4 miles, Publix will be in a shopping ctr on the right. There's a Target across rt 92 from the Publix.

Does wgs allow people to fax IDs?

We used WGS shop in summer of 2011. We had alcohol and I just scanned and emailed a copy of my driver's license to her to prove age. My items were left at bell services for us to pick up.

I loved WGS and will use them in the future.

Kim

I just did a price study for our next vacation.

Disney was the most expensive followed by GG, then WeGo and getting a car for a day was $5 more.

We rented a car, will shop for what we want, where we want, don't have to tip, don't have to meet anyone, and will eat off property for a night.

:earsboy: Bill

Renting a car seriously sounds like the best plan these days, but I'm on vacation, I don't want to go in a grocery store! ;)

As far as WGS vs GG: I've used both services. Since WGS now delivers to Bell services GG has nothing on them. And, since WGS has shown a ton more respect for their clients over the years, I'll stick with WeGoShop. They've always given us excellent, professional service with a smile. :goodvibes

Renting a car seriously sounds like the best plan these days, but I'm on vacation, I don't want to go in a grocery store! ;)

As far as WGS vs GG... I've done both and since WGS now delivers to Bell services GG has nothing on them. And since WGS has shown a ton more respect for their clients over the years, I'll stick with WGS :goodvibes

For my comparison I called WGS, never dealt with the new owner. To be honest she seemed like I was annoying her and she had a bit of an attitude. :sad1: One more reason do our own shopping.

As DVC owners we realize that vacations at WDW will come at least twice per year for the next X number of years, that changes our mindset. We don't do rope drop, sleep in, eat simple meals just like we were home. We spend more time in the room and at the resort, take the time to enjoy each other and the resort. We have met many CM's who now know us by name and that makes our stays even more special. Doing a quick shopping trip lets us buy on the fly and we eat at out favorite off-site restaurant while we are out. It also lets us pick up missing items for our Owners Locker.

Different strokes for different folks. :thumbsup2

I have used both services and don't have anything bad to say about either of them. However, I do have one instance when WGS went beyond the call of duty. I am lactose intolerant and had 2 flavors of Yoplait lactose free yogurt on my grocery list. When the person shopping couldn't find one of the flavors, she noticed that I was a repeat customer, and went to a second store to complete my order. She did NOT have to do that. It specifies on their web page that while they will go to more than one store, they will charge you extra for it. I did not receive a surcharge and she found yogurt that I can eat! Thanks WGS!

I just spoke with Amy at wegoshop about needing to be in your room for deliveries because we've used garden grocer before, but they didn't have some products we wanted. We had a great experience with Garden Grocer, with the exception of there being limited items, which is the reason I called wegoshop. Amy told me that, as of right now, you do not need to be present as long as you didn't order alcohol. However, she said that Disney is now going through a process with a few delivery services, including wegoshop, to determine whether or not deliveries can be made to bell services or must be made directly to the room. She was very upfront and wanted to let me know that because we are going in October and she couldn't guarantee what Disney would decided between then and now.

I just spoke with Amy at wegoshop about needing to be in your room for deliveries because we've used garden grocer before, but they didn't have some products we wanted. We had a great experience with Garden Grocer, with the exception of there being limited items, which is the reason I called wegoshop. Amy told me that, as of right now, you do not need to be present as long as you didn't order alcohol. However, she said that Disney is now going through a process with a few delivery services, including wegoshop, to determine whether or not deliveries can be made to bell services or must be made directly to the room. She was very upfront and wanted to let me know that because we are going in October and she couldn't guarantee what Disney would decided between then and now.

Interesting. The bell services folk don't mind the extra tips, but some resorts (kidani for one) have a problem keeping up with demand for the bell services folk. Assume here it's due to the resort being large. It could also be related to the appliances they need to maintain for the increased demand. They always had refrigerators there for folk switching resorts, but I'm sure there may be times those fridges are full.

As of our last visit (summer '13) Wegoshop was using bell services. I don't think she'll have an issue with going back to the way it used to be if Disney decides it has to be.

Thanks for the update !

I actually prefer meeting with Amy with my order. I schedule way in advance and request a 5:30 ish delivery. We have always been in our Villa by then (knock on wood) and received our order. We go over the order and receive the original store receipt. There is no individual item markup like with Garden Grocer. I have always been extremely happy with wegoshop the many times we have used them.
It sounds like Disney is going through a process of determining "preferred vendors" like they have with scooter rental companies and I think stroller as well. Only approved companies can deliver to Bell Services in this model.
Interesting to see how it plays out.

I actually prefer meeting with Amy with my order. I schedule way in advance and request a 5:30 ish delivery. We have always been in our Villa by then (knock on wood) and received our order. We go over the order and receive the original store receipt. There is no individual item markup like with Garden Grocer. I have always been extremely happy with wegoshop the many times we have used them.
It sounds like Disney is going through a process of determining "preferred vendors" like they have with scooter rental companies and I think stroller as well. Only approved companies can deliver to Bell Services in this model.
Interesting to see how it plays out.

My guess is that approved companies pay for the privilege.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter