We fell in love WITH Hilton Head so much that we......

T

TooExcited

signed on the mickeys and dated on the palm trees! Anyone who thinks that buying into HH is "settling" has probably never been there. It is absolutely gorgeous, very relaxing but still lots to do. It has literally changed our retirement plans (a long way off yet) since visiting. Besides that, our guide did not misinform us, but rather told us to buy where we plan on staying most often, which is HH. While we loved WDW (were there this past June for 12 days), have young children and plan on vacationing there in the future, we will NOT be going there every year. So......may I please hear those words that I've been longing to hear???

Welcome home! I think that's wonderful! I don't see much about Hilton Head on the boards...would love to know more. :)

Welcome Home!!

Kimberly-Lucas and Ripley's Mom

dvcjoke.gif
dvcis.gif

Welcome Home! It sounds like you made a very informed decision. I hear that HH is wonderful. I hope to get there someday to see for myself. Here's to many great DVC vacations to come!

Congratulations and Welcome home! We had the opportunity to stay at HH last September...you're right..it is a great resort! Enjoy!

Have a wonderful day!

The one perk of buying from Disney is you sign on Mickeys and Palm Trees.

I have not been to HH yet, they are hard to get at the 7 month window in the summer. We have been to Vero and I loved it. If I had to choose only one DVC to stay at, it would be Vero. I would still go to Disney but I would pay for a room that we hardly are in most of the trip. At Vero, we rarely leave the resort except for grocerys.

Fives nights in June, can hardly wait.

Tigger

pooh-tig05.gif

Well COngratulations. It is so nice to hear the entusiasm and happiness in your voice.We visisted HH three years ago and had a wonderful time. It is a great resort! One of the nights we were there they had some fireworks going right behind the resort. We literally watched them from the pool.Just sat and enjoyed. You will make many happy memories I am sure. Again, Welcome Home and congratulations!!

We used OKW points to stay at HH two Aprils ago. We loved it sooo much and wanted to be sure that we had the 11 month window, so we did an add on at HH. What we like about the resort is that yes, you can do the whole beach thing, but, then come back to a room in a totally different setting. Love that low country feeling. Congratulations and Welcome Home!!

Congratulations and Welcome Home!

I see you're from Fairfield. Did you fly or drive to Hilton Head? I haven't been there yet and really can't grasp how long it would take to get there. I know you need to fly to Savannah or Charleston.

Welcome Home!!

I've heard wonderful things about Hilton Head and hope to see it someday myself. I for one, certainly don't think that buying at HH is "settling" at all, especially if you plan to stay there for the majority of the time. You made an informed decision for sure. Congratulations!

Laura

Welcome Home fellow HH DVC member!!

Our family felt just like you! We always vacation on HH and finally went to see what Disney had to offer. Well we fell in love with it. Signed on the mickeys right then and there. Had our first DVC trip last July and it was out of this world great! Going again in April and then off to WDW in July!

Enjoy!

It is so nice to feel a part of something that I feel is truly special!!

Pam, we flew into Savannah as we only had one week (kids school vacation), but we are planning to drive in the future sometimes. We had a connecting flight both ways so it took a little longer, but all in all it probably was about 2 1/4 hours. We can't wait to go again. Now, the problem is do we hold onto our points for the future and a big trip, or make a couple of "smaller" trips. What a happy problem!!!

Welcome Home!! Hilton Head is a wonderful resort. When we wanted to add on in '98, we chose HH just because of the"southern", "low country" (call it what you will) relaxed atmosphere! We are born and raised New Yorkers, living in Pa. for 25 years, but with hearts embedded in the south! You will never regret your choice - just remember how difficult it is to book, even at 11 mos., for the summer mos. We will be there again 9/2,3,4. We always drive, and from Phila. it is 11-12 hrs. straight through. We will be doing WDW 8/26-31, and will stop at HH on the way home to really "vacation" and come off the adrenalin rush of WDW. Again, Welcome Home and enjoy! :cool:

Thanks for the info SoExcited! I've got to get there someday soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter