We Ditched The Kids! - UPDATE (7/22 - NYC trip)

The only help a burger needs is some bacon.

I spent years trying to make a decent burger.
Try putting... an egg, some onion, some cheese, some (various) spice, some bread crumbs, blah, blah, in it.
Finally, I saw a show where the guy said to not put anything in it. Just a decent beef (80/20) and some salt and pepper on top.

Yup.

And then load it up with bacon, cheese, condiments, blah, blah, blah.

Remember, if you're ever that close to a yak, handle it the same way you would with a bison: make sure you get a good selfie.

So sick of bison selfies. Everyone's done it now.
(And it took me a second to get the reference... short memory span.)

Man, we just can't win here.

Just don't mention that... that... vegetable!

Try putting... an egg, some onion, some cheese, some (various) spice, some bread crumbs, blah, blah, in it.
Finally, I saw a show where the guy said to not put anything in it. Just a decent beef (80/20) and some salt and pepper on top.

Yup.

I like it. Nice and simple. I really think the bacon cheeseburger is one of those little pieces of perfection in this world. No improvement needed. Although that one pineapple-bacon-cheeseburger I had was amazing.

So sick of bison selfies. Everyone's done it now.
(And it took me a second to get the reference... short memory span.)

Maybe we need something more exciting, like a grizzly bear selfie.

Just don't mention that... that... vegetable!

Hey, you know I work hard to keep these TR's vegetable-free!

Well, it's pretty simple. There was a girl I liked in college. Before I met Julie, naturally. I was painfully shy around women, so I hadn't built up the courage to ask her out. We were a part of the same Christian student group and one Saturday, a bunch of us were doing a service project, serving breakfast at the Ronald McDonald House for the guests there. At the very end of our shift, we got to eat breakfast ourselves. The big table was mostly full, and there was a side table for two. This girl sat by herself at the side table. I was one of the last ones to get my food and was busy preparing my plate. Someone invited the girl over to the big table, and she said, "No, that's ok, Mark will sit with me here."

:woohoo:party::cool1::banana::cheer2::jumping1:

Except...

I didn't hear her. Totally missed it. I don't know if I was zoned out staring at a plate of bacon, or what. But I had no idea she had said anything. And naturally, not wanting to be too forward or obvious, I piled my plate high with food and sat at the big table.

:sad2:

A few friends both knew of my attraction to her and had heard her invitation loud and clear. One even asked, "What are you DOING???" And I had no idea what he was talking about.

Thus was born Captain Oblivious.

Great story! Thanks for sharing how you proved to be slow on the uptake and scored a beautiful wife.

I’m one of the few people left in America who still actually enjoys air travel.

It never gets old.

The baby’s car seat.

Still in the car. We didn’t leave it at my parents’ house.

Oops.

Does that ever get old? I’ll answer that for you: no. No, it doesn’t.

Hey, you stole my line!

light-up spinny-thingy

Coming to an electronics store near you...

Julie and I got off the bus and immediately got le—uh, the greeter gave us leis and greeted us with a warm Aloha!

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: That one never gets old either.

and were immediately met with the Disney Smell. I’m not sure what it is, but all Disney resorts and buildings smell the same.

Pretty sure that's called mold.

My wife had not had a hot meal in thirteen years.

Totally get this one.

I can say this, of course, from my extensive experience staying at high-end deluxe resorts all the time.

You sounded like a pro, right up until about this point.

Yup.

Second! I also add some garlic powder but than again I add GP to almost everything. It is an Italian thing. Saw Mario Batali use a little water to steam them at the end. Tried it and it makes for a juicy burger and melts the cheese perfectly.

Maybe we need something more exciting, like a grizzly bear selfie.

I'll bring the popcorn.

Great story! Thanks for sharing how you proved to be slow on the uptake and scored a beautiful wife.

It all worked out as it was meant to be.:thumbsup2

It never gets old.

I agree!

Hey, you stole my line!

But...but I said it first!

Coming to an electronics store near you...

And it'll be $1,400.
:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: That one never gets old either.

I admit, I did steal that one from you.:rolleyes1

Pretty sure that's called mold.

:scared1: Well, aren't you just a party pooper.

Totally get this one.

Moms of the world can relate.

You sounded like a pro, right up until about this point.

I always seem to ruin it eventually.

Second! I also add some garlic powder but than again I add GP to almost everything. It is an Italian thing. Saw Mario Batali use a little water to steam them at the end. Tried it and it makes for a juicy burger and melts the cheese perfectly.

Sounds good to me! Now I'm hungry.

I'll bring the popcorn.

Oh come on, everybody knows those National Park creatures are all trained.

I was hoping to have another chapter up today but it looks like it won't happen. I'm leaving early for a 24-hour whirlwind visit to New York. Julie's birthday is next week and I'm taking her to see Aladdin on Broadway tomorrow. If we survive, I'll get that next update posted early next week!:thumbsup2

I was hoping to have another chapter up today but it looks like it won't happen. I'm leaving early for a 24-hour whirlwind visit to New York. Julie's birthday is next week and I'm taking her to see Aladdin on Broadway tomorrow. If we survive, I'll get that next update posted early next week!:thumbsup2

That sounds wonderful! Have a great time you two!

Being that I saw Oz last night I can't say I'm SUUUUPER jealous. Only a little. Maybe like 50% or so. Since quantifying is something fun to do.

Have a GREAT little getaway, you two! Say hi to the Genie!

Most Excellent!

Of course this also means that we'll be expecting either an addendum or a Bonus Feature on it to be applied to this here TR.

First, a confession: I’m one of the few people left in America who still actually enjoys air travel. I know, the TSA and the airlines have done their very best to suck all the joy and fun out of it, but I remain fascinated by the ability to safely travel all over the country in a matter of a few hours at an altitude of 35,000 feet. I love getting the window seat and looking down on the earth below, a perspective that never grows old.

Same! I mention this to DH all the time at how amazing it is to from being in CA to FL in hours. Amazing!

it’s dark…and we’re wearing sunglasses.

According to Corey Hart, "You ain't cool unless you wear sunglasses at night."

tumblr_m61537m4dL1qzkerio1_cover.jpg

I was never one to tempt fate by drinking that diet crap anyway, though.

::yes::

I’ll never understand why everyone on a plane stands up as soon as the plane arrives at the gate. You’re sitting in row 21.

:rotfl2: I always made fun of people doing this...until I did it this trip :blush: And I was in the very last row which makes it even more --> :blush: :blush: But my excuse was valid! I'm 5 months pregnant I need to get up and stretch!

The ME desk gave us our first chance to use the Magic Bands at the “tapstiles” (®@pkondz).

Great terminology @pkondz :thumbsup2

Our room was in the Moorea building.

Ours too, room 3007. And I miss it :sad2:

It was at this point that we made a discovery: instead of being a liability, our location at the very end of the Moorea building was actually a blessing in disguise. We were less than a 5-minute walk from the Transportation and Ticket Center, which made it very easy to move around the resort.

Totally, totally loved this! Amazingly accessible.

IMG_1315.JPG

So breathtaking. That resort is just beyond phenomenal, even moreso during Christmas!

My wife had not had a hot meal in thirteen years.

:rotfl: Poor Julie. But i'm not far behind at 10 years this Summer. Cause my husband is a child and for whatever reason his legs don't work during dinner:confused3

Perfect.

I was super bummed when they took out that beautiful waterfall, but they did a great job replacing it.

And, crap! You're the third one I missed in my signal! I'm getting forgetful in my old age.

Mark, deny, deny, deny. I was just getting ready to have your back and tell her you didn't think there was any point sending her one since she's been MIA around here for the past few months. :rolleyes1

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I guess I'm just not that cruel. But still, that's funny.

Ouch, so much hurtness occurring! Yet, I feel right at home :goodvibes:lmao:

jumping in & can't wait to read more! our kids are close in age to yours (14, 12 & 8 - no oops, knock wood), and we took our first kid free trip last fall. we also stayed at the poly and ate at restaurants they'd hate and did everything that they'd complain about. it was so amazing that we're going back for our anniversary in september. ;)

Being that I saw Oz last night I can't say I'm SUUUUPER jealous. Only a little. Maybe like 50% or so. Since quantifying is something fun to do.

Have a GREAT little getaway, you two! Say hi to the Genie!

Thank you! It was a fantastic show. The guy who played the Genie was amazing. Totally stole the show.

Most Excellent!

Of course this also means that we'll be expecting either an addendum or a Bonus Feature on it to be applied to this here TR.

Oh, I might be able to come up with something if you guys twist my arm hard enough.

Same! I mention this to DH all the time at how amazing it is to from being in CA to FL in hours. Amazing!

It really is a miracle to be able to do that! And we spend the time complaining that the seats are too small.

According to Corey Hart, "You ain't cool unless you wear sunglasses at night."

tumblr_m61537m4dl1qzkerio1_cover-jpg.155922

Well, if it's good enough for him...

:rotfl2: I always made fun of people doing this...until I did it this trip :blush: And I was in the very last row which makes it even more --> :blush: :blush: But my excuse was valid! I'm 5 months pregnant I need to get up and stretch!

Hey, I get the need to stretch. After all, the seats are too small. :rotfl2:

But you can see with most people, they're making for the overhead bins and really making an effort to get ready to go.

Great terminology @pkondz :thumbsup2

I agree.:thumbsup2

Ours too, room 3007. And I miss it :sad2:

Sneaky good spot!

Totally, totally loved this! Amazingly accessible.

That was awesome. Any chance you can get to cut down on transportation time, you gotta take it.

So breathtaking. That resort is just beyond phenomenal, even moreso during Christmas!

:rotfl: Poor Julie. But i'm not far behind at 10 years this Summer. Cause my husband is a child and for whatever reason his legs don't work during dinner:confused3

I'm busy devouring the delicious meal my lovely wife made me.:goodvibes:rolleyes1

:goodvibes

I was super bummed when they took out that beautiful waterfall, but they did a great job replacing it.

Yeah, we should know better than not trusting Imagineers by now.

Ouch, so much hurtness occurring! Yet, I feel right at home :goodvibes:lmao:

Admit it, you missed the DIS Dads!

Thanks. But in all fairness, it was one of my readers that first mentioned it.
We voted and adopted it.
And when I say "vote", I mean a few people liked it.
Close enough.

And now you can take credit for it! You're ready for middle management.

jumping in & can't wait to read more! our kids are close in age to yours (14, 12 & 8 - no oops, knock wood), and we took our first kid free trip last fall. we also stayed at the poly and ate at restaurants they'd hate and did everything that they'd complain about. it was so amazing that we're going back for our anniversary in september. ;)

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! Gee, that itinerary sounds so familiar...I'd be rushing to go back, too!

Chapter 2: I'll Get That Kid To Eat. Where's My Screwdriver And My Plumber's Helper?

No alarm needed. We’re at Disney World. And we’re parents. We’ve lost the ability to sleep in. “Sleeping in” typically means we make it all the way to 7:00 a.m. before the baby starts yelling for someone to get him out of the crib and I have to wake Julie up to have her go deal with the problem.

Well, Drew is always calling for “Mommy”, you know. I’d certainly go if he was calling for me.

We were showered and dressed and out the door by 8:00, hoping to make it to Epcot by 9:00 a.m. for Rope Drop. The plan was to take advantage of the short walk to the TTC, grab our morning coffee and breakfast at the Joffrey’s stand there, and then catch the monorail and enjoy the ride. It’s not an official Disney vacation unless you ride the monorail, you know.

We stepped out of the Moorea building and were welcomed by this morning view:

IMG_1389.JPG

Yeah, I could get used to that. Just for reference, here’s how close we were to the Magic Kingdom ferry:

IMG_1391.JPG

The first part of the plan worked out just fine. The TTC was practically deserted, and the Joffrey’s kiosk was just opening up for the morning. They had some seasonal holiday offerings, and one of them was a peppermint mocha, which is Julie’s kryptonite. She is physically incapable of turning down a peppermint mocha drink. She could be dying of peppermint poisoning and would still fork over the money as soon as she saw it on the menu. She got that, I got some gingerbread creation, plus some pastries, and we got over-charged to the tune of $18 for breakfast. So it was just like being at Starbucks, only this coffee wasn’t nasty.

We headed straight for the monorail to Epcot, still loving the fact that it was such an easy and convenient walk. And then we were turned right around by the CM’s standing guard who informed us that the monorail wasn’t running yet that morning and they didn’t know when it would be online.

So we made a more difficult and less convenient walk to the bus stop by the Great Ceremonial House to get the Epcot bus.

We didn’t quite make it for Rope Drop, but we were close. We managed to veer to the far left in order to get by most of the hordes at the bag check line, and then we were in.

On the spur of the moment, I posted a photo to the DIS Dad’s Club on Facebook. When one of the guys is in the World, we’ll often see a “Where in the World am I?” photo of something obscure and then everyone will try and guess where it is. So I decided to play along with a brain-teaser of my own.

IMG_1394.JPG

Best response went to Barry, aka @FreezinRafiki , who suggested I was ready to tee it up on the Magnolia course.

We were already enjoying the Christmas decorations.

IMG_1395.JPG

Our first FP+ reservation was for Soarin’ later that morning, so we made a beeline straight for Test Track as soon as we were inside the park. We’d wanted to experience the full ride, designing our own car and everything. And we knew the only chance to do that without a colossal wait would be now.

IMG_1407.JPG

Even first thing in the morning, the standby wait was already posted at 25 minutes. It looked to me like they were doing a bit of line-stacking, though, as we lined up outside the building for a bit, and then started moving fairly well through the queue. Soon Julie and I were trying our hand at car design.

I have a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, and I work directly in the highway transportation field. I have 17 years’ experience in road design. I know every bit of the engineering process down cold, from concept all the way through construction. And I learned on this morning that I suck at designing cars.

The problem was that Julie and I were trying to come up with a balanced design, something that worked across all four design categories. So that meant trying out a hybrid engine, instead of going with our instincts and selecting “plasma burner”. Or something with a little more kick: plutonium! We re-learned the age-old lesson that if you try and please everyone, you end up pleasing no one. And your car sucks, like the engine was built with used pinball machine parts. Then we compounded the problem because as the clock started ticking down, we started just adding random crap left and right until we got this monstrosity:

IMG_1399.JPG

In any case, the ride is still fun. I prefer the older version of the ride. Every Disney ride tells a story, and in the previous version, you knew exactly what was going on and why. Now, it’s a lot of Tron effects and noise, but it’s hard to tell what the story is. But at least you still get to ride just under the speed limit.

IMG_1403.JPG

It feels much faster, though, doesn’t it? Our crappy design score:

IMG_1405.JPG

From there, we started scouting Mouse Gear for some gift ideas for the kids, looking for the perfect way to buy our way back into their hearts upon our return. Then we headed over to the Land Pavilion. We still had some time before our FP+ window opened up, so we got on Livin’ With the Land. It was fun to look for the various holiday touches they added to this one.

IMG_1411.JPG

IMG_1417.JPG

They still had a fall display as well.

IMG_1420.JPG

Back to the holidays:

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1422.JPG

IMG_1424.JPG

I took this one just for @pkondz :

IMG_0447.JPG

Following the boat ride, we used our first FP+ on Soarin’. We didn’t get the front row this time, but Julie doesn’t like being that far off the ground, so she was ok with that. And we experienced the magic of flying over California just under someone’s dangling feet. Soarin’ gets my vote as best ride music in Walt Disney World. Anyone with me? Being a movie geek, it helps to know that it was written by the late, great Jerry Goldsmith, who wrote powerhouse scores in Hollywood for decades (such as Alien, Star Trek, Chinatown, Patton, and First Blood).

IMG_1430.JPG

After that, we had a bit of a gap before the next FP+. Normally I would have been running somewhere trying to get another paper FP, but with the new system, it made for an oddly relaxed touring experience. So…what do you wanna do now? We decided that Nemo was typically a fast-loading ride, so we hopped in line there.

It didn’t load that fast. I think it was posted as a 20-minute wait, and it felt like it took every single one of those minutes to get to the ride. Anyway, the ride is cute. Nothing special to me, but I think it’s worth doing just to see the characters projected into the large aquarium at the end. That’s such a cool effect.

That killed enough time for us to head to our next FP+ ride. Since Epcot’s FP+ choices are in tiers, the Tier 2 category leaves you with some slim pickings. We went with Spaceship Earth.

IMG_1440.JPG

It looked like the standby wait was 30 minutes, so this actually turned out well. One thing we noticed with the new FP+ system was that it seemed to be having the desired effect of spreading guests around the park. Of course, this meant that the wait times were greater at almost every attraction. It felt like we were getting less done each day than we did before under the paper FP system. But I’ll talk more about that in the Magic Kingdom chapters later. For now, we were doing well just using our existing reservations and the Rope Drop strategy.

As always, you must take the opportunity when riding the Big Golf Ball to class the place up a bit.

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

We had a little time before lunch, so we wandered out to the entrance again to see if the Photopass lines had died down. They had, so we got in line for a photo op. The only downside was that the photographer was shooting into the sun at that time of day. Or that might be the reflection off of my ever-growing forehead.

IMG_1448.JPG

IMG_1452.JPG

We left and started on our long walk to the World Showcase. It was nice to just take our time and wander, listening to Christmas music and checking out the flowers and decorations everywhere. On the way, we passed the giant tree, and happened to catch a monorail gliding by.

"What are you thinking about?" asked Julie.

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn...the clean, cool chill of the holiday air..."

And schnitzel. What, you thought I was going to say something else?

IMG_1455.JPG

Our lunch destination was another new experience for us. We entered the Biergarten.

IMG_1460.JPG

We knew we’d wanted to try out another place in the World Showcase, and this one always seemed to be at the top of the list when we looked at the restaurants we hadn’t tried yet. We were seated inside next to a family of four from the Quad Cities region of Illinois, and across from a nice older couple from Louisiana.

We didn’t take long to start filling our plates at the buffet. I loaded up on sausage, pork schnitzel, cheese spätzle, and of course pretzel rolls with beer cheese sauce. No photos because we were sitting with strangers and give into peer pressure easily. But just picture a plate full of meat and starches and you can pretty much envision any meal I’ll ever eat.

We enjoyed talking to the couple across from us, although we did have a slight panic moment when the husband mentioned that he was “getting sick” of Disney.

You mean, that can happen?? Turns out they were retired and his wife kept wanting to come back, so this was their 7th visit over the last 10 years or so. This might be blasphemy here on the boards, but I can understand the desire for some variety. Still, I didn’t think it was actually possible to get tired of Disney World.

Anyway, the conversation was nice, when we could hear it. The oompah band played in the middle of our meal and pretty much drowned out any hope of a chat, so we just enjoyed the music instead.

IMG_1465.JPG

I was most looking forward to the dessert, since I’d seen apple strudel on the menu. I am a sucker for any pastry with apple filling. This love affair started many decades ago when I was a child and my mom made me my first apple pie. Now I ask for that in place of a birthday cake every year.

So, it was with great anticipation that I grabbed a piece of apple strudel and dug in. The warm, flaky pastry easily gave way to warm, gooey apple filling in that same combination that makes it a little taste of heaven, especially when you add dead grapes to—

Wait, what is this??

Raisins???

Blech. Why would you ruin a perfectly good dessert by putting dead grapes in it? I even have some (weird) friends who like raisins, and yet I have still never heard anyone utter the sentence, “Oh, good, this has raisins in it.” It’s always a more neutral, “Oh…this has raisins in it.”

So that was a bummer. Peer pressure or not, I performed emergency surgery with a butter knife while our new Louisiana friends looked on in bemusement (or maybe it was polite disgust). I dug every last dead grape out of my strudel and then covered over the gaping wound with vanilla sauce. Thankfully, the patient survived and was perfectly edible after that.

So, the verdict on the Biergarten was a solid thumbs-up. Julie liked it more than I did, although my judgment may have been biased due to the attempted raisin poisoning. But we both agreed that Boma was tops on the meal ranking thus far.

Coming Up Next: Julie conquers a ride! A DIS meet! More decorations! And if that’s not enough to make you come back, we have pyrotechnics!

It’s not an official Disney vacation unless you ride the monorail, you know.

Yeah, I could get used to that. Just for reference, here’s how close we were to the Magic Kingdom ferry:

IMG_1391.JPG
Wow!

So we made a more difficult and less convenient walk to the bus stop by the Great Ceremonial House to get the Epcot bus.
Boo!

On the spur of the moment, I posted a photo to the DIS Dad’s Club on Facebook. When one of the guys is in the World, we’ll often see a “Where in the World am I?” photo of something obscure and then everyone will try and guess where it is. So I decided to play along with a brain-teaser of my own.

IMG_1394.JPG
:rotfl:

I have a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, and I work directly in the highway transportation field. I have 17 years’ experience in road design. I know every bit of the engineering process down cold, from concept all the way through construction. And I learned on this morning that I suck at designing cars.
:rotfl:

I took this one just for @pkondz :

IMG_0447.JPG
:thumbsup2:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Being a movie geek, it helps to know that it was written by the late, great Jerry Goldsmith, who wrote powerhouse scores in Hollywood for decades (such as Alien, Star Trek, Chinatown, Patton, and First Blood).
Huh. I've always felt there was a bit of a star treky feel to that soundtrack. guess I know why now.

We enjoyed talking to the couple across from us, although we did have a slight panic moment when the husband mentioned that he was “getting sick” of Disney.
:earseek:

You mean, that can happen?? Turns out they were retired and his wife kept wanting to come back, so this was their 7th visit over the last 10 years or so. This might be blasphemy here on the boards, but I can understand the desire for some variety. Still, I didn’t think it was actually possible to get tired of Disney World.
I suppose this could happen.

So, it was with great anticipation that I grabbed a piece of apple strudel and dug in. The warm, flaky pastry easily gave way to warm, gooey apple filling in that same combination that makes it a little taste of heaven, especially when you add dead grapes to—

Wait, what is this??

Raisins???
:crazy2:

We haven't tried Biergarten yet. It keeps getting put on the list of places to try . . . but then getting bumped for some reason or another. I guess we will have to give it a go!

Just joining in! A trip to Disney without kids! I can't even get over how great that must have been. Unfortunately my DH believes Disney is just for kids. I told him when I get older and our kids are grown I'll go without him then.

Well, Drew is always calling for “Mommy”, you know. I’d certainly go if he was calling for me.
Exactly! I mean, you could go anyway, but he'd just be pissed off and scream even louder for her!

We were showered and dressed and out the door by 8:00, hoping to make it to Epcot by 9:00 a.m. for Rope Drop. The plan was to take advantage of the short walk to the TTC, grab our morning coffee and breakfast at the Joffrey’s stand there, and then catch the monorail and enjoy the ride. It’s not an official Disney vacation unless you ride the monorail, you know.
::yes:: Great plan!

I don't know... I might get sick of walking outside and seeing that view... after a few decades.

and we got over-charged to the tune of $18 for breakfast. So it was just like being at Starbucks, only this coffee wasn’t nasty.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

And then we were turned right around by the CM’s standing guard who informed us that the monorail wasn’t running yet that morning and they didn’t know when it would be online.

That stinks. Not the least bit surprising though.

So that meant trying out a hybrid engine, instead of going with our instincts and selecting “plasma burner”.
There's your first problem.

In any case, the ride is still fun. I prefer the older version of the ride. Every Disney ride tells a story, and in the previous version, you knew exactly what was going on and why. Now, it’s a lot of Tron effects and noise, but it’s hard to tell what the story is. But at least you still get to ride just under the speed limit.
Pretty good assessment of it. I totally agree. The first version told a story better, but I do like the design studio.

It feels much faster, though, doesn’t it? Our crappy design score:
Honestly, I expected a lower score based on the fact that all of your individual rankings sucked. Over 200 isn't that horrible. :rotfl2::rotfl:

It was fun to look for the various holiday touches they added to this one.

They still had a fall display as well.
Hmmm... a snow sandman and scarecrows. I thought Disney was more thorough in making those seasonal decoration changes seamless.

And we experienced the magic of flying over California just under someone’s dangling feet. Soarin’ gets my vote as best ride music in Walt Disney World. Anyone with me?
What??? Even better than It... I can't even say it. I'm not that mean. :rolleyes1

It didn’t load that fast. I think it was posted as a 20-minute wait, and it felt like it took every single one of those minutes to get to the ride.

Since Epcot’s FP+ choices are in tiers, the Tier 2 category leaves you with some slim pickings.
And hence the fact that there's actually a line for Nemo. It really screws with any spur of the moment ideas to ride something standby.

It looked like the standby wait was 30 minutes, so this actually turned out well. One thing we noticed with the new FP+ system was that it seemed to be having the desired effect of spreading guests around the park. Of course, this meant that the wait times were greater at almost every attraction. It felt like we were getting less done each day than we did before under the paper FP system.
::yes:: I don't know that you get less done, but it certainly feels that way. When you're used to walking on (insert attraction here) with little to no wait for years and now it is suddenly a consistent 20 - 30 minute wait it really feels like you're getting a lot less done.

But just picture a plate full of meat and starches and you can pretty much envision any meal I’ll ever eat.
Sounds good to me!

I don't know if I can get sick of Disney World, but I'd love to try!

It would certainly take more than 7 trips in 10 years to do it.

I was most looking forward to the dessert, since I’d seen apple strudel on the menu. I am a sucker for any pastry with apple filling. This love affair started many decades ago when I was a child and my mom made me my first apple pie. Now I ask for that in place of a birthday cake every year.
:eek: Are we long lost brothers?

Raisins???

Blech. Why would you ruin a perfectly good dessert by putting dead grapes in it? I even have some (weird) friends who like raisins, and yet I have still never heard anyone utter the sentence, “Oh, good, this has raisins in it.” It’s always a more neutral, “Oh…this has raisins in it.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter