We did the unthinkable!We Left the teenagers home: DH & I do Disney solo:update 1/15

That sounds like a horrible room they put you in. I'm not sure that it's because it was handicap accessible. We were actually upgraded to an accessible room when we stayed at AS-S for our honeymoon. It was in preferred location and had a queen sized bed, which we loved. It didn't have a tub, of course, with the roll-in shower but we don't use the tub at hotels anyway so it was fine for us. Maybe it just depends on the room? Ours seemed to have been recently updated and was quite nice.

Yeah - I think that the room had just seen better days and needed a refurb. Maybe if they refurb it, they won't need so much bleach or whatever they hecked they used to clean it. It was a bit of a surprise, because in all my Disney days that was the first room I ever refused. Every other room, in every resort I have stayed in, has been perfect or close to it.

Hmmm sounds like I'd have def sone the same thing and refused that room MEK! That makes me a little nervous about my July SSR stay... how can you send requests for location/whatnot to DVC??

I'd rather have a balcony too, than a patio. And I was reading on the Vero Adoration thread that i should request a "full beach view" cause reserving a Beach View Inn Room isn't enough:confused3

Nothing gnome-worthy yet.... so I'll anxiously wait for the next post:rotfl2:
Paula

[QUOTE=ILuvCrush;29319589 That makes me a little nervous about my July SSR stay... how can you send requests for location/whatnot to DVC??

And I was reading on the Vero Adoration thread that i should request a "full beach view" cause reserving a Beach View Inn Room isn't enough:confused3

Paula
[/QUOTE]

Paula -

Just call member services and they will add the request to your reservation. I didn't make my request for Congress Park or the Grandstand section until about 3 months before I left. The definately had my request, but the CM who checked me in said that they do grant requests in the order they are received. Some of the OVIR at Vero do face the pool, but the view is better than the parking lot and I think it is worth the few extra points. The Ocean view is FABULOUS!

ps. don't know what happened to the quote. I must have edited something out. I hate when that happens.

Just call member services and they will add the request to your reservation. I didn't make my request for Congress Park or the Grandstand section until about 3 months before I left. The definately had my request, but the CM who checked me in said that they do grant requests in the order they are received. Some of the OVIR at Vero do face the pool, but the view is better than the parking lot and I think it is worth the few extra points. The Ocean view is FABULOUS!

Thanks!! I'll be sure to do that, for both ressies! I could live with the pool view, but OH the Ocean View would be So Nice!! I can't wait!! I just went back thru your old TR with the Vero pics:cloud9: again!!

I have a few pictures of SSR I will insert when I get home. Let me just begin by saying that our second studio was much nicer than our first. It wasn't the greatest view. In fact, the view was a dead on view of the Congress Park bus stop, but it was clean, quiet, and free and noxious odors.

I was happy to unpack. I do like the storage in the studios. I like how you can hang things in the closet and how your laundry bag and empty suitcase can fit in the closet and be out of sight. My DH is not real clean and tidy with his stuff, but I like to be. So I quickly put my clothes away and stored my suitcase.

It was partly cloudy, but warm enough to go to the pool. Our room was closer to the Congress Park pool than the Paddock pool. I love the CP pool because of the great DTD views. The only thing that struck me funny about the pool was that the tan umbrellas were really starting to fade. Geesh - I sound so picky now, but I couldn't help notice how the pool area just doesn't look quite as nice with faded umbrellas. Again - DH blamed it on the sagging economy.

Well, as I was changing into my bathing suit, DH had his gnome moment. "Did you unpack any of my clothes? Have you seen my bathing suit?? I know I had it out before we left home. Did you do something with it?" :scared1: "Yeah - you know - as a matter of fact I did see that bathing suit, didn't know what it was, and decided to use it as a dust rag!! Why ever would you ask, you silly gnome?"

uggghhhhhh. "Just wear your running shorts. You don't have time to get one now".

So, yeah, my DH is really a gnome, but I let him slide. This time. I was on vacation and his silly bathing suit, or lack there of, was not going to get to me. I was excited to go "sit a spell" in the hot tub and the go to HS for our passholder tour. We didn't have time for too much time for hot tubbing. We quickly went back, took showers, dressed and got ready to drive to HS. This is when I decided to really look at my confirmation for the American Idol passholder tour. IT SAID TO CHECK IN 1/2 HOUR EARLY! :scared1: What - there was no way we were going to get there 1/2 hour early. 20 minutes maybe, 1/2 hour - NEVER! That meant we had to be there at 4pm and it was, ohhh, 3:48.

I don't know why I take all these Disney instructions so literally. But I did - I went into semi panic mode and said - "We need to go....NOW".

We did get to HS by 4:10pm and the most unwelcome sight I have ever seen greeted us. I can't post this pic now, but there was a line twenty deep at each turnstyle and getting longer. OK - I knew that DS was the park to avoid, but come on....Why aren't the lines moving????????

Turns out the computer had crashed and no one could get through the gates. We waited another 10 mins or so until they finally started to let people come in manually and each of us had our tickets stamped. When the CM stamped my ticket, I said, "where does the AI passholder tour meet?" The CM told me to go back to the attraction and look for signs. Gee thanks. I'll do that. (Please note that there were no instructions on my confirmation to tell me where to go for the tour)

I was basically speed walking (as close to running as I could) to get there as fast as possible. DH said, "Gee you are really determined to see this, aren't you?" "H---, yes", I replied. I was taking advantage of the passholder perk even if it was going to kill me to get there.

When I got back to the AI attractions I saw no signs, no fanfare, no nothing. I asked another CM and a security guard who were outside of the attraction. :confused3 The both said "We, don't know, but tell us if you find out" :confused3

:eek: So then I did what any reasonable person would do. I speed walked back to Guest services (which is where I should have gone originally). They told me the entrance was behind the attraction, across from the ABC commissary. So back we went.

We finally found it. The time was 4:28. We were technically 28 minutes later than are 1/2 hour early arrival time of 4pm (are you following me here) Out of breath, I asked, "can we still get in?"

I guess you're going to have to wait to see what those CM's say.popcorn::

I have a few pictures of SSR I will insert when I get home. Let me just begin by saying that our second studio was much nicer than our first. It wasn't the greatest view. In fact, the view was a dead on view of the Congress Park bus stop, but it was clean, quiet, and free and noxious odors.

I was happy to unpack. I do like the storage in the studios. I like how you can hang things in the closet and how your laundry bag and empty suitcase can fit in the closet and be out of sight. My DH is not real clean and tidy with his stuff, but I like to be. So I quickly put my clothes away and stored my suitcase.

It was partly cloudy, but warm enough to go to the pool. Our room was closer to the Congress Park pool than the Paddock pool. I love the CP pool because of the great DTD views. The only thing that struck me funny about the pool was that the tan umbrellas were really starting to fade. Geesh - I sound so picky now, but I couldn't help notice how the pool area just doesn't look quite as nice with faded umbrellas. Again - DH blamed it on the sagging economy.

Well, as I was changing into my bathing suit, DH had his gnome moment. "Did you unpack any of my clothes? Have you seen my bathing suit?? I know I had it out before we left home. Did you do something with it?" :scared1: "Yeah - you know - as a matter of fact I did see that bathing suit, didn't know what it was, and decided to use it as a dust rag!! Why ever would you ask, you silly gnome?"

uggghhhhhh. "Just wear your running shorts. You don't have time to get one now".

So, yeah, my DH is really a gnome, but I let him slide. This time. I was on vacation and his silly bathing suit, or lack there of, was not going to get to me. I was excited to go "sit a spell" in the hot tub and the go to HS for our passholder tour. We didn't have time for too much hot tubbing. We quickly went back, took showers, dressed and got ready to drive to HS. This is when I decided to really look at my confirmation for the American Idol passholder tour. IT SAID TO CHECK IN 1/2 HOUR EARLY! :scared1: What - there was no way we were going to get there 1/2 hour early. 20 minutes maybe, 1/2 hour - NEVER! That meant we had to be there at 4pm and it was, ohhh, 3:48.

I don't know why I take all these Disney instructions so literally. But I did - I went into semi panic mode and said - "We need to go....NOW".

We did get to HS by 4:10pm and the most unwelcome sight I have ever seen greeted us. I can't post this pic now, but there was a line twenty deep at each turnstyle and getting longer. OK - I knew that DS was the park to avoid, but come on....Why aren't the lines moving????????

Turns out the computer had crashed and no one could get through the gates. We waited another 10 mins or so until they finally started to let people come in manually and each of us had our tickets stamped. When the CM stamped my ticket, I said, "where does the AI passholder tour meet?" The CM told me to go back to the attraction and look for signs. Gee thanks. I'll do that. (Please note that there were no instructions on my confirmation to tell me where to go for the tour)

I was basically speed walking (as close to running as I could) to get there as fast as possible. DH said, "Gee you are really determined to see this, aren't you?" "H---, yes", I replied. I was taking advantage of the passholder perk even if it was going to kill me to get there.

When I got back to the AI attractions I saw no signs, no fanfare, no nothing. I asked another CM and a security guard who were outside of the attraction. :confused3 The both said "We, don't know, but tell us if you find out" :confused3

:eek: So then I did what any reasonable person would do. I had to speed walked back to Guest services (which is where I should have gone originally). They told me the entrance was behind the attraction, across from the ABC commissary. So back we went.

We finally found it. The time was 4:28. We were technically 28 minutes later than are 1/2 hour early arrival time of 4pm (are you following me here) Out of breath, I asked, "can we still get in?"

I guess you're going to have to wait to see what those CM's say.popcorn::

What the heck ---- I have no idea how this turned into a double post! :rotfl: :surfweb: :rotfl: :surfweb: :rotfl: :surfweb: :rotfl:

The visual of you speedwalking through the park has me cracking up!

I am guessing that you did get in...but that's mean to leave us hanging like that! :lmao:

I thought maybe your DH just needed a drink and relax/refresh.... since his memory seemed a bit scrambled:rotfl2: So I sent his gnome self over to Biergarten for a mug....maybe he'll be better in the next installment:lmao:

443178083_Pyjwd-M.jpg

Paula

I thought maybe your DH just needed a drink and relax/refresh.... since his memory seemed a bit scrambled:rotfl2: So I sent his gnome self over to Biergarten for a mug....maybe he'll be better in the next installment:lmao:

443178083_Pyjwd-M.jpg

Paula

I think this is your best one yet!! :rotfl:

Yay for gnome husbands!! WOOT...great job Paula!!

MEK...for all the speed walking you had to do you'd better be allowed into the tour...LOL

Great update!! I can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!!

This is LynSue. You have been posting on my trip report, Quick, Crazy, Christmas. Sounds like your trip was a bit quick and crazy too. I just wanted to let you know I finally caught up with your report. I really enjoy your writing style. Some of our days overlapped on our trips and we were also staying at SSR. Too bad we did not run into you. As mentioned in my report, the carpet in our studio was quite worn. But everything else was fine. When we checked in, the CM said we had a first floor room. I was worried that it may be a handicap room. And I felt bad about having those thoughts. So I totally understand what you were trying to say in that post.

Thank you for responding in my TR about our black cat. I was able to view the pictures of your cats and they are all beautiful. But I am particular to the black cat as well.

Looking forward to the rest of your report. I did not realize (until we got home) that we would have been eligible for trying American Idol with our Annual Pass. Oh, well. We don't watch the show at home, so I was not too heart broken.

Hi Mek,
I'm enjoying your report. DH and I are going in March on our own. I'm guessing you'll make it into the tour. Am I right?

I don't blame you for changing rooms. I would too. We did that once on a trip to Prince Edward Island. I had booked a less expensive hotel for one of our stops and was a little dismayed when we checked in. It was an old historic hotel. I don't do "old" very well. The first room had a connecting door to another room and we could hear children in there as if they were in our room. No thanks. Down to the front desk and we switched. They only had a corner room that used to be a smoking room and still smelled. They offered a room air freshing machine. No thanks. I quickly called the nicest and newest (and most expensive) hotel in town and they had space. Lucky!!! Down to the front desk and apologized and I told them we just couldn't stay there. They were very understanding and I offered to pay for the phone call and they said it was okay. Long story to say - get the room you really want. It's worth it in the end.

We're staying at POFQ for one night in March and then three nights at the WL. I haven't requested anything special,, but hoping for good rooms.

I'll be watching for more trippie. Happy Holidays.

Nora

443178083_Pyjwd-M.jpg

Paula

I still can NOT STOP LAUGHING!!!!!!!! That is so perfect!!!!! Even DH can't stop laughing and can't stop asking me how I did it! Paula, you soooooo rock! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

The visual of you speedwalking through the park has me cracking up!

I am guessing that you did get in...but that's mean to leave us hanging like that! :lmao:

Oh yeah - it was pretty freak'n funny. I didn't tell you about all the people (including small children) I almost fell over. I bet I will show up on someone else's trip report (and not in a good way). :rotfl:

My money is on you making it into the preview!

Yeah - I can't keep you in suspense any longer. They let us in and they were very nice about it!

Yay for gnome husbands!! WOOT...great job Paula!!

MEK...for all the speed walking you had to do you'd better be allowed into the tour...LOL

Great update!! I can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!!

I am still cracking up. :rotfl: Paula is my hero. :lovestruc Even my DH laughed for 5 minutes straight. He really does make the perfect gnome!:thumbsup2

As far as the walking goes - The funny thing is, we walked a lot more that night. You'll have to wait and see how far we actually did end up walking. And, boy did my feet pay for it the next day.

This is LynSue. You have been posting on my trip report, Quick, Crazy, Christmas. Sounds like your trip was a bit quick and crazy too. I just wanted to let you know I finally caught up with your report. I really enjoy your writing style. Some of our days overlapped on our trips and we were also staying at SSR. Too bad we did not run into you. As mentioned in my report, the carpet in our studio was quite worn. But everything else was fine. When we checked in, the CM said we had a first floor room. I was worried that it may be a handicap room. And I felt bad about having those thoughts. So I totally understand what you were trying to say in that post.

Thank you for responding in my TR about our black cat. I was able to view the pictures of your cats and they are all beautiful. But I am particular to the black cat as well.

Looking forward to the rest of your report. I did not realize (until we got home) that we would have been eligible for trying American Idol with our Annual Pass. Oh, well. We don't watch the show at home, so I was not too heart broken.

Hey LynSue -

Thanks for stopping by. I am glad you are saying the same thing about your carpet, too. And yeah, I feel bad saying anything about the handicapped accessible room, at the risk of sounding insensitive, but the issue was really more with the overall room condition and heavy disinfectant smell.

I'm glad you like my cat, max. I think your black kitty and Max could be brothers! Your kitty sits on pumpkins and mine sits on computers!

Hi Mek,
I'm enjoying your report. DH and I are going in March on our own. I'm guessing you'll make it into the tour. Am I right?

I don't blame you for changing rooms. I would too. We did that once on a trip to Prince Edward Island. I had booked a less expensive hotel for one of our stops and was a little dismayed when we checked in. It was an old historic hotel. I don't do "old" very well. The first room had a connecting door to another room and we could hear children in there as if they were in our room. No thanks. Down to the front desk and we switched. They only had a corner room that used to be a smoking room and still smelled. They offered a room air freshing machine. No thanks. I quickly called the nicest and newest (and most expensive) hotel in town and they had space. Lucky!!! Down to the front desk and apologized and I told them we just couldn't stay there. They were very understanding and I offered to pay for the phone call and they said it was okay. Long story to say - get the room you really want. It's worth it in the end.

We're staying at POFQ for one night in March and then three nights at the WL. I haven't requested anything special,, but hoping for good rooms.

I'll be watching for more trippie. Happy Holidays.

Nora

Hey Nora, thanks for dropping by. I definately think you have to speak up when something does not satisfy you. As long as you aren't rude, then its cool. If you don't speak up, it colors your whole perception of things.

You will love POFQ. I completely understand why so many people love it. WL would be great! That is definately on my list of must visit places!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter