We Did It!

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by ImTempest, Jun 24, 2014.

1. ImTempest

ImTempest Earning My Ears

My husband and I have taken the plunge - we made an offer, and it was accepted!!!!:banana: We're just waiting for the sellers to sign, then it's off to ROFR we go. We are SO ready for this!! I don't care about the timeline - it's just really good to know we are on our way!! :woohoo:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. wildforgoofy

wildforgoofy Mouseketeer

Hooray!!! I know how you feel! It's so exciting! Good luck!

4. chitwndan

chitwndan Mouseketeer

Good Luck!

PLease add it to the ROFR thread as well to help track prices.

5. LorieDisneyLover

LorieDisneyLover DIS Veteran

Welcome Home! :wave2:

Where did you buy?

6. Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli DIS Veteran

Congrats!!! My fiancé and I are about a week ahead of you in our timeline. Our offer went to ROFR last Monday! We bought at Wilderness Lodge. Where did you buy?

7. ImTempest

Goofy me, I forgot the details - I was just so excited! I've posted to the ROFR list. We put in an offer at Old Key West for $68/pt., 160 points. :dance3:

8. ImTempest

Update - and now we undid it. Waited for the buyers to send back the signed purchase contract, with no luck. As this is only the first hurdle, I could already see the nightmare unfolding as I waited for the closing docs to be returned (seeing as those need to be notarized), so I withdrew our offer. Just waiting on another contract to come along, hopefully one without so much drama.

9. wildforgoofy

wildforgoofy Mouseketeer

Mine went very smooth as do most others. It was wise of you to stop now because you 100% right it only gets more nerve racking as you go. Looking back now I think the worst part was waiting for the seller to send back their paperwork after ROFR. Good luck on your next try.

10. Disney-Kim

Disney-Kim DIS Veteran

well I hope another one comes along soon :)

11. Tonygee

Tonygee Earning My Ears

lol i'm in that boat now... i spoke to the realtor today and advised that if not completed by 7/26 i will be seeking a full refund... that's the expiration date of the estoppel or whatever that is.. I don't mid going through it all again.. uneventful and from what it appears disney hasn't rofr in a while...i'm feeling lucky lol

best of luck with your search.. they're out there, you'll be fine.

12. wildforgoofy

wildforgoofy Mouseketeer

The Estopple will show if the dues are current and if there are any liens. It's what the title company uses to put together your final closing statements.
    Once I passed ROFR it took 14 days for the Estopples from Disney, and then another 6 to close.
    Hope this helps. FWIW my estimated close date was June 20th and I closed June 16th, so TSS was pretty close to what they predicted.