We cruise in Nov. What should I be doing now??

kkmcan

Official Mouse Fan
I'm paying off our cruise this week. So that's out of the way but what do I work on next?

We haven't bought insurance yet. I wanted to wait until right before the time to cancel( and get full refund) is up just in case. That's August I think. I thought if we bought insurance and then for some reason had to cancel we would lose the money we put down for insurance.

I was thinking we couldn't buy insurance yet anyways because we haven't booked our airlines ticket yet. Keep waiting for a good deal! Also we have another vacation planned for June that we are needing to buy airlines tickets for so one thing at a time. Ya know?

Also, when do you all book excursions? We haven't even thought about what we want to do yet!

Thanks for the advice.

Kelly

Well, if you haven't done it already, you should go to the Cruise Meets forum and find the group of DISers who are on your cruise! Don't be afraid if it's already a really long thread....just jump right in!

I'm also cruising in November, and airline reservation and travel insurance are both something I'v got on 'hold' for now. Can't even get flight information yet, and, as you say, I'll wait for the travel insurance untill just before the DCL cancellation window.

Are you flying/arriving the day before your sail date? You can book your hotel for that night now. Also car rental can be done now if you're planning on doing that.

I have written out a budget and will also be 'buying' room credits, so I can earn Disney Visa rewards before the cruise.

Keep a notebook by your computer, to write down ideas (for packing, for excursions) as you explore on the DISboards. I recommend reading lots of trip reports....especially ones for your itinerary. You get lots of ideas that way. ::yes::

ibouncetoo said:
Well, if you haven't done it already, you should go to the Cruise Meets forum and find the group of DISers who are on your cruise! Don't be afraid if it's already a really long thread....just jump right in!

I'm also cruising in November, and airline reservation and travel insurance are both something I'v got on 'hold' for now. Can't even get flight information yet, and, as you say, I'll wait for the travel insurance untill just before the DCL cancellation window.

Are you flying/arriving the day before your sail date? You can book your hotel for that night now. Also car rental can be done now if you're planning on doing that.

I have written out a budget and will also be 'buying' room credits, so I can earn Disney Visa rewards before the cruise.

Keep a notebook by your computer, to write down ideas (for packing, for excursions) as you explore on the DISboards. I recommend reading lots of trip reports....especially ones for your itinerary. You get lots of ideas that way. ::yes::

How do you buy room credits? I suppose you need a Disney Visa card to do this?

fish4bills said:
How do you buy room credits? I suppose you need a Disney Visa card to do this?

Hey fish4bills...

You can call DCL or do it by visiting the DCL website and printing out the form.....you can use any type credit card. Just tell DCL that you want to put down money on your onboard account as a credit. This way you have some money already on your onboard account when you get onboard. You can put down as much or as little as you want.

Here is a link to the DCL form (the form is also used to purchase in room gifts, etc.)

http://adisneycruise.disney.go.com/media/dcl_v0202/en_US/media/myCruise/GiftOrderForm.pdf

IF you look at the bottom right of the form you will see a section called Onboard Credits....just fill that in and fax or mail. You can send yourself a message if you choose!!! Happy sailing...

Oh, we are also cruising in Nov...the 4th on the Magic Western......we have already booked our airfare ($185.pp on American Airline NY to MCO direct flights) and I already booked our pre night room at the new Marriot Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral....they had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite with full kitchen and a hot breakfast for only $149 for their weekend rate. We are splitting the cost of the room with my BIL and SIL....hotel looks really nice.

We already have insurance for our cruise thru Costco but will be buying flight insurance.

MJ

Yeah, what mmouse said! ::yes::

I'll be using my Disney Visa to do this (as well as pay for the cruise) so I can also earn rewards $$. Hopefully by cruise time I'll have enough rewards $ to pay for dinner for two at Boma the night before our cruise (and maybe a new AKL t-shirt.....DIS green, of course!).

mmouse, thanks for the link....think I'll print up some of these and pass them out to family with a 'suggestion' that this would be a good birthday present! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter