We can't go 6 without a fix- finsihed 1/14/16

Bethislucy

DIS Veteran
We can’t go 6 without a fix

Wow this November it will be 6 years since we have stepped on to Disney world grounds and we can't go that long without a fix. I can't believe it's been that long :( So who is we you ask, well I'm glad you did.

I am Beth and a DDFL (Disney Dork for Life). I am 35 single gal that loves Donald Duck, Chip & Dale and a host of others. My favorite movie is Toy Story 2 & the Little Mermaid. My favorite park is Epcot. This is a picture of me at Disney’s HHI Resort

My traveling buddy on this ride is my cousin Emily who is also 35. We are also best friends & roommates. (Hey why pay double when we can share expenses till one of us gets married) Emily's favorite characters are Tinker Belle, Peter Pan, Belle and a host of others oh and pirates not just captain Jack all pirates. Her favorite movie is Beauty and the Beast & Peter Pan. Her favorite park is the Magic Kingdom. This is a picture of both of us at Disney’s HHI Resort

As of right now, we will have a few more guests joining us. Emily's sister and her husband and kids, which we may or may not have spoiled rotten. L is 11 & he is my little Disney buddy and A will be 7 when we go and thinks she is already a teenager and she knows she's a princess.

So enough with the Who's now to Where & When.

We are starting our adventure on Black Friday. We plan to get a hotel in the DTD area for the night and then officially kick of our vacation Nov 28 - Dec5. We will be staying at AOA little mermaid room (and no, I have no idea who would have picked that resort) We will have 6 day tickets and plan to double up on the parks minus AK. We just don’t care for that park and would rather hit the others twice.

So for now that’s a good start. I’ll come back later with more updates and planning.

Following along! party: We will also be there around the same time. Our plan is to leave home on Black Friday for the 20 hour drive to WDW. This time we are staying off-site though as there are 10 of us (5 adults, 4 kids, 1 infant and 1 dog). :scared1::scared1: Can't wait to hear more about your planning!

I'm here to follow along!! Way to go for planning another trip!! Until my last trip in March it had been a long time for me too...it's so great to go back!! Although I guess you have all the FP+ stuff to plan and more ADR's etc than were needed last time...with being around here I'm sure you know all that...but I was just shocked as to how much planning goes into a trip these days...most of it is fun of course..but there's a lot of it.

I followed your link i saw Billie's report. It sounds like you have a fun trip planned. I'm excited to follow along!

Following along! party: We will also be there around the same time. Our plan is to leave home on Black Friday for the 20 hour drive to WDW. This time we are staying off-site though as there are 10 of us (5 adults, 4 kids, 1 infant and 1 dog). :scared1::scared1: Can't wait to hear more about your planning!

Oh yea I think I would have to stay off site too. Our Drive is only about 8 hours so it won't be that bad at all.

I'm here to follow along!! Way to go for planning another trip!! Until my last trip in March it had been a long time for me too...it's so great to go back!! Although I guess you have all the FP+ stuff to plan and more ADR's etc than were needed last time...with being around here I'm sure you know all that...but I was just shocked as to how much planning goes into a trip these days...most of it is fun of course..but there's a lot of it.

We didn't intend for it to be this long but we had to cancel our last planned trip 3 years ago :(

I followed your link i saw Billie's report. It sounds like you have a fun trip planned. I'm excited to follow along!

Welcome aboard hopefully I can be slightly entertaining

Hi i am following along from Billie's report too.. Looks like FUN! and another AoA enthusiast!
Looking forward to more plans!

Just a quick celebratory post we are officially under the 200 day mark:yay:. 199 Days till we check in and head to our 1st park of the trip. Which I will be back later to tell you where that is.

Last edited:
Days at the park, Park Days...

What ever you want to call it lets get a little update of the parks and days we plan to hit those parks.

Like I said we will start our adventure early black Friday morning Nov 27th. We only have a bout a 9 hour drive, so we are hoping to arrive at our DTD area hotel around 4:00. I can't say which one yet because we haven't booked that yet. The plans for that night are to get dinner at Raglan Road then spend some time in DTD. We will probably head back to our hotel around 9:00 that night because we want to get up and out of that room by 7:00 and be at AOA by 7:30.

Saturday Nov 28: Check in to AOA then head to Magic Kingdom for the day. This is the first time we are starting our trip at MK we normally start at DHS w/ the Osborn lights to kick off the Christmas season, but extra magic hours switching around made plans change up a bit.
Sunday Nov 29: DHS with extra magic hours. We will spend a good bit of time in the lights. I forgot to say I'm a bit of a Christmas nut:santa:, I love everything about it and just want to soak it all in and the lights are just as magical to me as anything Disney has to offer.

Monday Nov 30: This will be our Epcot day. We love epcot, but as you know it's a lot of walking and I must say I'm a bit worried about this. Real life side note. My mom has RA (Rheumatoid arthritis) and I am starting to show signs of it. She is concerned enough she wants me to go get checked out and my mom isn't one that tells you to run to the dr for every little thing. I told her I'm going to try and lose some weight 1st and see if that helps before I make an apt. Lets be honest that will be the first thing they tell me. I am a good 90-95lbs overweight. So that is my concern with having 2 days under our belt and then spending the whole day walking around. No matter what I'll make the best of it pop some advil and have a plan to rest my feet when I can and ice packs for when we get back in the room that night for swelling.

Tuesday Dec 1st is our OFF day. We've never done a off day at Disney before. We had talked about sleeping in then going into Orlando to shop some and just explore we always just stay on Disney property Then that night trying to come back and do dinner at Ohana's. I did say had planned however we are now talking about just maybe doing the keys to the kingdom tour. We've talked about it a good deal but never fit it in. If we do that and head out to Orlando after and do Ohana's another night. We need to nail this down quickly as our ADR window is approaching. I will also try to cram in some homework this day. I've went back to college and this will be the week before finals.

Wed Dec 2 we are headed back to MK for the day w/ Extra Magic hours that evening.

Thursday Dec 3 we are headed back to Epcot for some more walking and evening extra magic hours. We may sleep in just a little and get there about 9:30/10:00 instead of right at park opening.

Friday Dec 4 we are breaking tradition once again due to the change in extra magic hours. We will end our trip w/ Christmas lights and a day at DHS.

Saturday Dec 5th we are checking out and making the 2/3 hour drive to the gulf coast to spend 1 night somewhere near Clearwater and to see the gulf coast for the 1st time.

Sunday Dec 6th we will start our 9/10 hour drive back home around 11:00 or 12:00. :(

So there are how we plan to spend our days as of now.

Looks like a great plan! We have Epcot also planned for Monday, Nov 30th and MK planned for Wednesday, Dec 2nd. Maybe we will run into each other!

Are you not planning on attending MVMCP?

What a great plan you have!! Wow, the keys to the kingdom would be really cool!!! I hope you get to do that!! and crossing my fingers you get O'hana!! I've been trying for that one with no luck for October...sigh!! Gotta book the trip earlier next time! I am concerned about a lot of walking during our trip as well...I am going to try to "train" for it a bit lol

Looks like a great plan! We have Epcot also planned for Monday, Nov 30th and MK planned for Wednesday, Dec 2nd. Maybe we will run into each other!

Are you not planning on attending MVMCP?

That would be cool. No we are gonna skip MVMCP this year we've done it a few times and we want to try something different this year.

What a great plan you have!! Wow, the keys to the kingdom would be really cool!!! I hope you get to do that!! and crossing my fingers you get O'hana!! I've been trying for that one with no luck for October...sigh!! Gotta book the trip earlier next time! I am concerned about a lot of walking during our trip as well...I am going to try to "train" for it a bit lol
We've talked about the tour for a while now & it would be something very different. We've never had a probably getting Ohana before we book right at the 180 mark so hopefully that will stay true this trip.

Sounds like fun--great plans!
Thanks!! :)

I'm here, I'm here! princess: And your plans look GREAT!

We're going to just miss each other, we'll be checking in on Dec. 4th! Due to scheduling, we have to do a Fri-Fri trip, and originally I was going to do Nov 27-Dec 4, but the thought of Thanksgiving crowds scared me into pushing it back a week! It'll be interesting after all is said and done and we're back here doing our trip reports to compare the crowd levels! I'm questioning if I made the right decision. :laughing:

I'm here, I'm here! princess: And your plans look GREAT!

We're going to just miss each other, we'll be checking in on Dec. 4th! Due to scheduling, we have to do a Fri-Fri trip, and originally I was going to do Nov 27-Dec 4, but the thought of Thanksgiving crowds scared me into pushing it back a week! It'll be interesting after all is said and done and we're back here doing our trip reports to compare the crowd levels! I'm questioning if I made the right decision. :laughing:

This is the week we normally do, Saturdays are a little crazy, and a little bit on Sunday but then the crowds drop a lot, or they use to so I'm hoping some of that stays true. Although I've been questioning it too with that week being blacked out from discounts. In the past we had always got a discount.

Following along! I haven't been to WDW during the holiday season since I was a kid so I am eager to read about all the holiday trips that are in the works.

Good Morning Everyone!!! It's ADR day for us. I'll let you know how we faired shortly, but for now work calls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter