We Ate, We Drank, We Conquered - An Aug/Sep '16 Dining Report - Complete 3/11

We've never done the lobster at Narcoossee's but the lobster mac and cheese is pretty darn incredible. Best on property IMO. Like Sue we've also had the shrimp pasta dish and it is down right decadent and delicious. Their scallops dish is also the best I've ever had!

Yeah, Jason definitely picked the winner. The pasta was good, but nowhere near worth the price tag. If you want seafood pasta, the scallops or shrimp dishes at Narcoossee's blew this one out of the water.

Because of your recommendation, I plan to get the scallop at narcoosees now ;)

My DL trip is actually the ABD Behind the Magic SoCal/DL. Pricey I know especially for a solo, but I found dates on my bday next year so decided it was worth the celebratory splurge
Wow, what an amazing birthday present!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Because of your recommendation, I plan to get the scallop at narcoosees now ;)
Hope you love them as much as we did. Seriously Jason and I have both ordered them and I really don't think there is any chance you don't love them!

A Day at the Beach

After our eventful evening we slept in and made our first fast pass (test track) by only two minutes, before riding dirty with a purple dragon, and sipping on some delicioso Beverley.

Before too long it was time for lunch so we headed to the world
showcase and kept going and going and going....Right to the beach club. While we'd done this walk before, in the 100 degree heat and 100% humidity it was downright HOT. Couple that with my lack of directions that took us to the Yacht Club vice Beach Club and this poor little girl was having no part of it!

But soon we were at the beach club and hamburgers, fries, and ice cream awaited us!!!! Casey and I had eaten here before, but Jason was sick that day so this was his first time. and he was excited.

For anyone who hasn't eaten here before, Beach Club is small, like only a dozen tables or so small. Here is the entire view of the front and the back of the restaurant from our table.

After our long and hot walk, some adult beverages were most definitely in order. And thankfully Beaches and Cream supplied the most refreshing disney drink there is.....

Schofferhofer. Beer. Grapefruit. Any questions?

To eat I couldn't resist staring with some of their beautiful onion rings.

Here they are in the purist state

And here they are with an official Disney onion ring model.
These are pretty close to onion ring perfection. Thick, crispy, hot, flavorful, and hit the proverbial spot!!!!

For our entree's Jason went with what I'd ordered last time the Beaches Patty Melt.

This is an Angus Beef Burger served with Sautéed Onions, Swiss, and Garlic-Peppercorn Dressing on Rye Bread. And to say Jason loved this is an understatement. He declared it the best burger on Disney property, though he cautions it can cause a food coma :-)

Casey and I decided to share the Angus Beef Burger.

Here is my half, which made me echo Jason's best burger on property sentiment. First and foremost this was cooked to a perfect medium rare, but the quality of the beef was so far above other disney burgers there was no comparison. The bun was soft and buttery and I put one of our onion rings on it for a bit of extra crunch. The fries were equally as good and hot, thick, crispy, and salty. #PerfectLunch

I'd like to say we were too full for dessert, but then again I'd also like to say I'm 5'10", 120 pounds, and a super model. So this happened.

Meet the Milky Way Sundae. Three Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, Caramel, and Whipped Cream topped with Dark and White Chocolate Shavings and a Cherry. Deep down I know Jason wanted the No Way Jose, but he was a good husband who didn't want to kill his wife with a peanut allergy so we went with this. First, this thing was downright huge. We saw a few tables where folks were eating these individually and I have no idea how they did that. As this is all the 3 of us could muster.

But what we could eat was downright delicious. Sweet and salty caramel, fudge, ice cream, whats not to love.
And to no ones surprise, the cherry landed here.

Overall, this was another successful visit to Beaches and Cream. In the vein of The Plaza, its good food done well and right. And of course ice cream!!!! With our tables in wonderland card we saved $13.11. Just $89 to go till we break even.

After lunch we smartly boated back to Ep-A-Cot this time and even posed for a pic with French Tink on the way back in
From there we took another spin on figment (oh joy insert my happiness here), before examining history with dame judi dench, and meeting some vegetarian sharks under the sea.

Soon we were on the monorail headed back to the Poly and booked an ADR for that night. What would the food gambling ADR gods have in store for us???

Well up next, a new meal at an old favorite.

OK, next time I am getting the Milky Way thing at B&C...yum! Casey walking on that path from Epcot to the BC was pretty much my guys every day. We're dyyyyinggggg! Suck it up kids, deliciousness and AC awaits! Your hub's sandwich and the burger look awesome, as do the onion rings. Maybe next time we will actually eat some food instead of copious amounts of ice cream.

I'm way behind (yes, again....life needs to stop getting in the way of my Dis time) so I figure I'll reply one update at a time.

Love all the m&g's! Love the Pooper, too. Lol. My boys do as well so I will definitely plan quite a few rides in June! Wow, that looks like a huge meal at LTT. I have never, ever eaten there in 15 trips! Yum on the cake! Sounds like some good rides after lunch!

Ok, onto the next update!

O.M.G. That Sundae:eek:! Hunny loves Milky Way (I'm a Snickers girl) and if I show him this we will somehow have to stop at BC. It looks fabulous though:thumbsup2 I'm loving this DR,is really being me excited for our trip to the world.

Especially at Disney, he takes his good camera every year and then leaves it in the room cause he just doesn't want to lug it around.
I feel him. I may or may not have just placed an order this week for a high quality point & shoot so I don't have to schlep my dslr around wineries :rolleyes1

I love that Melinda is my first student!!! Speaking of which, we hit up a local winery today and I got to try two new grapes I hadn't had before. The one I really liked was a Tannat which is apparently a lesser known French varietal. It was really spicy and had a lot of tannins which I love. Speaking of loving wine, when are you headed to Sonoma?

I am headed to a north Georgia winery of unknown quality today with a couple work friends and I can't wait to see what they make.

I am leaving for Sonoma a week from Tuesday!!! (The 22nd) and the time is now moving in slow motion until vacay departure. Thanks again for all the planning help. I've got a bunch of your recommendations lined up on my itinerary and I can't wait!

First, this thing was downright huge. We saw a few tables where folks were eating these individually and I have no idea how they did that. As this is all the 3 of us could muster.

First and foremost this was cooked to a perfect medium rare, but the quality of the beef was so far above other disney burgers there was no comparison. The bun was soft and buttery and I put one of our onion rings on it for a bit of extra crunch. The fries were equally as good and hot, thick, crispy, and salty. #PerfectLunch

Somehow I messed up this quote and got it out of order. Oh well. Anyway maybe the people with all the sundaes were on the dining plan? We have only ever attempted one shared between three people (or once two people when it was just R & me). But if I had the dining plan I'd just get my entree packed up and focus on crushing my sundae... #icecreampriorities

The burger and patty melt look fabulous. Yacht and Beach sure know their way around a burger as I still think the burger I had at nearby Crew's Cup Lounge is the best burger I've had at WDW at a non-signature (I'm telling you, the wagyu burger at Hollywood Brown Derby is in its own league... so long as no one is injured upon arrival y'all have got to give it another shot!)

Beaches and Cream looks like it delivered up another awesome meal.

But soon we were at the beach club and hamburgers, fries, and ice cream awaited us!!!!

I loved Beaches and Cream, but wow it's small! It think it's so fun though when people order the kitchen sink, when I was there last it think they must have brought out 4 or 5. In think we got the almost the exact same thing as you, that party melt was to die for.

Soon we were on the monorail headed back to the Poly and booked an ADR for that night. What would the food gambling ADR gods have in store for us???

Can't wait to hear where you go next! I was actually surprised at what ADR's you can get on the fly.

I've put away a full Milky Way by myself but that wasn't after eating Onion Rings and a Burger!

Looks like you had a great meal at Beaches & Cream! It is such a nice option.

Meet the Milky Way Sundae. Three Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, Caramel, and Whipped Cream topped with Dark and White Chocolate Shavings and a Cherry. Deep down I know Jason wanted the No Way Jose, but he was a good husband who didn't want to kill his wife with a peanut allergy so we went with this. First, this thing was downright huge. We saw a few tables where folks were eating these individually and I have no idea how they did that. As this is all the 3 of us could muster.
This sundae looks delicious. It also looks like a lot more than three scoops of ice cream. ::yes:: Most people talk about the Kitchen Sink, the Mickey Pants and the No Way Jose at B&C and none of them appealed to me. But the Milky Way sundae and the delicious onion rings might sway me to make a reservation there someday. We haven't eaten at B&C in about 20 years even those we stay there all the time. :)

Crews Cup Lounge serves a very good Angus burger. I wonder if they use the same beef at both B&C and Crews Cup.

And here they are with an official Disney onion ring model.

I've always thought she should be a Disney food model. Glad it official now!

Those onion rings do look deliciously tantalizing though.

He declared it the best burger on Disney property, though he cautions it can cause a food coma :-)
Here is my half, which made me echo Jason's best burger on property sentiment. First and foremost this was cooked to a perfect medium rare, but the quality of the beef was so far above other disney burgers there was no comparison.

These statements have got my food antennae perked up. My carnivore self NEEDS to experience this

Deep down I know Jason wanted the No Way Jose, but he was a good husband who didn't want to kill his wife with a peanut allergy so we went with this.

Fortunately for you and us!

B&C didn't fit in my previous trip and now I'm going to have to go there twice next time - once for the onion rings and burger and a second time for one of their sundaes. There is no way I can do both at the same time. At this rate my next trip is going to need to be twice as long to fit as much in as possible.

I've eaten at Flying Fish once and it was with my mother, who is real big on basic comfort food...so you can probably guess it didn't go over all that great. I think I enjoyed it fine though. I'll have to plan a repeat visit in the future.

The wine sounds very good!

Um, yes, to the $25 dessert and champagne party, with a viewing of Illuminations and a ride on Soarin'.

Oh and I love Casey's Halloween costume!

Ok, so that entire Beaches & Cream meal looks so good to me. Kind of reminds me of Steak n Shake on steroids and I love me some Steak n Shake (yes, I admit it). And that sundae.....O-M-G! Now I'm wondering if I can fit this in anywhere in my plans.....

Crews Cup Lounge serves a very good Angus burger. I wonder if they use the same beef at both B&C and Crews Cup.

This is exactly what I was thinking! I just went last month and had the perfect lunch at Crew's Cup: cheeseburger w/truffle fries & a Strawberry Julep. Even though it was F&W, this was one of the best things I ate that trip for sure! Now I'm wondering how the patty melt & burger at Beaches & Cream compares. It was a great way to take a break in between Epcot & heading to HS. :)

Joining in late. I always love your dining reports! I am very disappointed about the changes to LTT's menu. I made it there last December for dinner and even though I had a terrible experience (not food related), I really wanted to give them another chance for lunch, so I could have the ooey gooey toffee cake. That dessert party was a great deal and I want to know which agency it is, but I'm guessing it's not one you can name. Looking forward to your next update!

Before too long it was time for lunch so we headed to the world showcase and kept going and going and going....Right to the beach club. While we'd done this walk before, in the 100 degree heat and 100% humidity it was downright HOT. Couple that with my lack of directions that took us to the Yacht Club vice Beach Club and this poor little girl was having no part of it!
Yeah, walking around there is not fun. One of my greatest Disney planning blunders was my trip to Beaches & Cream two years ago. I made the ADR on a Downtown Disney shopping day, thinking a break in the afternoon for ice cream would be nice (yes, I know Ghiradelli is right there, don't ask why I thought it was a good idea). Anyway, we hopped on the milk run bus to all the Epcot resorts. Now, for some reason I had it in my head that Beaches & Cream was at the Boardwalk. Again, I don't know why, I think it's because I had planned to explore the Boardwalk after Beaches & Cream. So when the bus stopped at the Beach Club (close to our ADR time, mind you) we did not get off, but continued on to the Boardwalk. After walking around there and realizing my colossal mistake, we speed walked to Beach Club and finally got to the ADR 15 minutes late. Thankfully we enjoyed it, or else I wouldn't have heard the end of it.

I'd like to say we were too full for dessert, but then again I'd also like to say I'm 5'10", 120 pounds, and a super model. So this happened.
Meh, I'd like to say I look like Chris Evans, but life is real. At the end of the day, aren't we happier having dessert?

First, this thing was downright huge. We saw a few tables where folks were eating these individually and I have no idea how they did that.
I can't believe people would do that! Eat an entire sundae for themselves. :scared1: I mean, it's not like I would ever do that and the picture below is certainly not my family having one each at Beaches & Cream :D

IMG_1211.JPG

In our defense, we did not eat burgers before. I *probably* would not be able to finish one on my own if I had. I had the Milky Way and it was awesome (I am also the cherry collector in my family). DW had the No Way Jose, also great (if you don't have a nut allergy), youngest DD had a Brownie a la Mode, and oldest DD had something with oreos that I don't see on the menu anymore.

Just for future reference, I read in another report that you can ask for smaller versions of the sundaes. I haven't done this myself, but it might be a way for everyone to enjoy their own. It doesn't hurt to ask I guess.

Overall, this was another successful visit to Beaches and Cream. In the vein of The Plaza, its good food done well and right. And of course ice cream!!!!
Absolutely! I can't wait to get back to Beaches & Cream someday, whenever my next trip is. (Unfortunately no trip planned right now for a few reasons.)

Last edited:
It was hot! The meal looks very good, I love a good patty melt. The sundae looks awesome, I love a Milky Way. We had an ADR here once and canceled for some reason, we will have to try it for sure.

Yeah that's normally a pleasant walk but NOT in August :scared: You crazies, you.
I always stick with the grilled cheese and tomato soup at B&C but I should probably venture off my well-known path and try that Patty Melt Jason had, because it looks delish. Same with my ice cream, I'll have to forgo my No Way Jose and try the Milky Way Sundae. Speaking of I had no idea you had a peanut allergy! Not that it's a requirement for reading each others' reports on the Dis or anything...... just never noticed you avoided them.

First and foremost this was cooked to a perfect medium rare, but the quality of the beef was so far above other disney burgers there was no comparison.

It always weirds me out that burgers in the US aren't cooked well done, it's pretty much a given here in Canada. A fancy burger place opened up close to my house a few months ago, and my burger came out looking like yours in that picture, and I immediately sent it back. I won't eat hamburger unless it's completely cooked. Mind you, I also won't eat steak unless it's well done either... Again - I'm fussy.

That sundae though - oh man! I can't wait to have one of those in January!

I have been binging your trip reports, Netflix style. You seem like such a fun family! Your daughter is just the cutest! Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter