We Ate WDW! 10 Days on Free DDP with LOTS of PHOTOS!! COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by Eeyore's Tailfinder, Oct 6, 2007.

1. pixe*dst

pixe*dst Mouseketeer

I'm enjoying your reviews. Thanks for sharing all of your experiences & the great pictures!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CriminyCrafft

CriminyCrafft Mouseketeer

AWESOME dining reviews and pics! I agree that you guys are completely adorable. You look so happy in every photo!

4. Tortuga Joy

Tortuga Joy Mouseketeer

Great reviews and can't wait for more:thumbsup2 . I agree with the others, you and DBF are a great looking couple:) and I love your sense of humor!

Keep 'em coming!:cheer2:

5. Treacle44

Treacle44 DIS Veteran

Ooh yum, will try some of those then, thanks hun!

x

6. dmja716

dmja716 Mouseketeer

Loving your report.
    Thank you for sharing:thumbsup2

7. adaygaby

adaygaby DIS Veteran

GREAT REVIEWS!:thumbsup2

8. lisaj

lisaj DIS Veteran

Oh I love your reviews, we are going to many of the same TS meals when we go! I can't wait. Keep them coming please.

9. Eeyore's Tailfinder

Eeyore's Tailfinder DIS Veteran

I haven't abandoned you guys I promise! Real life has caught up and it's been HECTIC!! I promise I will have a new TR up soon :teeth:

10. MissMagnolia

MissMagnolia DIS Veteran

Enjoying the reviews. The pictures really add to the review. Thanks for writing them!

11. scheddj

scheddj Take that Tag Fairy - I made my own!!

I love this! Your writing style is fantastic. I was feeling kind of bummed that the only restaurant I could book for Thanksgiving was the Biergarten. Now I'm glad we're going there. Thank-you so much and keep up the good work.

12. SmallWorld71

SmallWorld71 DIS Veteran

When I saw that you like Eeyore and It's a Small World, I knew you would have great reviews! I'm glad you liked the Biergarten. We tried it for the 1st time during free dining and loved it! Looking forward to more.:goodvibes

13. MeLaNie9

MeLaNie9 DIS Veteran

Holy carp! That stein-o-beer is bigger than Els's head:eek: ! But oh how good it looks!
    We will also be dining at many of the places you are reviewing.
    We have eaten at Boma once and weren't thrilled with it but are going to try it again on our next trip. Looking forward to more!
    Your pics are great and I agree that you two are just too cute!

14. WETWHISTLE

WETWHISTLE Mouseketeer

Great reviews and pictures!

15. Eeyore's Tailfinder

Sorry I took so long! Last week has been hectic! I'm starting my PhD and teaching at university this month so I've been so busy!

Lotus Blossom Cafe

I hadn't planned on eating here at all, the country I most wanted to eat at was Mexico in terms of CS, however hunger struck when we were in Germany. Italy had no CS, we'd had German yesterday, we were too hot and lazy to walk back to Mexico, so China it was.

We were looking at the menu outside when a Chinese server shouted from the counter for us to come over...okay, no rush then. We both chose the Beef Noodle Soup Bowl, then different ice creams so we could try: me a green tea, and Els a ginger:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, this wass a pretty big serving of beef noodles and there was a lot of beef in there - and it wasn't fatty. But for some reason I just wasn't a big fan of this. It was all there, lean meat - check, noodles - check... but something was missing. I believe Els ate quite a bit of his, but he did have some beer in Germany before lunch so I think that clouded his judgment a fair bit! Onto dessert, my green tea ice cream was alright on the first bite but it just got worse... I can still taste it in my mouth now, it was a really weird flavour. We only took a bite each out of the Ginger - it was awful! Possibly the worst thing I consumed in Disney, and that was including getting a good whiff of Stitch's Chilli Dog burp. The noodles was definately the better of the two.

Ambience - None, really. It was just like a small canteen. I know this is CS, but it's China! Where things are elaborate, elegant and grand - there was none of this in Lotus Blossom. Mentioning this to EThere was also only us and 2 other families eating there. Hmmm.

H RATING:
    5/10
    E RATING: 5/10
    WOULD WE EAT HERE AGAIN? No

16. Eeyore's Tailfinder

Plus, thank you everyone again for the very kind comments :)

The Biergarten is ace! We loved it!!

17. Eeyore's Tailfinder

Am I ditzy or what? I forgot that after Biergarten we stopped at some countries!

Margartia Stand and Kringla Bakeri og Cafe

We stopped at Norway first on the way from Germany and Els got a cappuchino (yes, it is mid August in Florida) and I got the famous schoolbread. I asked for mine in a box to go as I was so full from the buffet, but really wanted to try this.

In Mexico I got a Fiesta Margarita as they just looked so refreshing.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a photo of both.

Now the Fiesta Margarita is made up of 4 fruit flavours, or in my case, tequila and ice. I didn't like this at all - I wasn't a very successful Lush of the World so far. I like my tequila preferably after a couple of drinks, with lime and salt, but thought I would try this with fruit flavours. It was really strong, and I couldn't taste anything other than tequila. To me it was like taking a shot of tequila with each sip. After trying my best to like it, it went straight in the bin I'm afraid!

Cradling my precious schoolbread, we got the bus back to the resort where some lady was eyeing up my loot. Hands off!
    [​IMG]
    This is THE Schoolbread.
    [​IMG]
    Inside

I don't know if you guys have iced buns in the States, but the bready bit of this kinda tastes like that. Yup, and I didn't like it one bit.

[​IMG]
    Uh huh, fooled you there didn't I? See that crazed look in my eye - never try to seperate this lady from the schoolbread. Back. Away. Slowly.
    This was soooo good, and this coming from someone who thinks dessert stops at chocolate and cheesecake. There was just enough icing on the bun and the custardy filling was really creamy. Plus, it was huge! It took me 3 goes over 3 days to finish the thing. It was really yummy, there aren't enough superlatives to describe - I am definately getting me one of these bad boys next year!

MARGARITA RATING: 2/10 for the alcohol content!
    SCHOOLBREAD RATING: 11/10!!

18. Treacle44

Treacle44 DIS Veteran

OOh yum, going to get one of those too me think! It looks gorgeous, like a cross between an iced bun and a custard donut! :)

19. Ciciwoowoo

Ciciwoowoo <font color=darkorchid>we would both run like heck

I'm still hanging in here, enjoying every word! :goodvibes

20. eeyoresnr

eeyoresnr DIS Veteran

that looks so yummy...can't wait to try one in Dec with a cup os really hot coffee:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

21. mom2fivecs

mom2fivecs Mouseketeer

Great job on the reviews and pictures...thanks for sharing.