We are home!! Surgery went well! Thank you for the prayers! and well wishes

longing2Batdisney

DIS Veteran
I would like to ask for prayers for my baby(born July 2006)...from those who can share...
My son was born with a right looped aorta (for those who do not know-your aorta loops to the left). When children are born w/this there is usually a vascular ring that forms. His is wrapped around his trachea; which has caused trachalmalasia. This is a rare condition (but I think it is not as rare as they think; just misdiagnosed).

As a baby the doctors would tell me he had reflux (but did not have the typical symptoms), than I was told resp infections, than allergies, finally (and the final straw) asthma. HE DID NOT HAVE THE SYMPTONS; he wheezes when he eats and when he is active (we now know that is the malasia).

According to the cardiologist if he does not have the ring cut it will eventually suffocate his trachea; Dh and my problem accepting this DX (we know they are right but are they on the money) the CT he has shows a nodule on his arota at the point of the trachea but NOT the ring (there is no blood flow through the ring--this is a good thing IF they are right about the ring). What if they are wrong does a simple surgery become open heart??? We have asked and they say it is a ring...

All we can do is pray that they are correct and we are doing the right thing to help him... it ssooooo scary...

Well, on June 8 he will have surgery to cut the vascular ring...
I am having a hard time with this would really feel better knowing there is a prayer chain praying with us for a safe and successful surgery.

Thank you

Prayers for your precious son. May God give you peace and comfort during this difficult time.

I had a tumor that was crushing my trachea too and I did alot of wheezing when I walked which was difficult to do anyway plus I really couldnt swallow food well. My heart goes out to your ds. Blessings to you and your family.

:grouphug: Thoughts and prayers for you and your little one! I'll add you to our prayer chain at work!

Absolutely. My prayers and thoughts for a full recovery.

Thank you to all for your prayers...:grouphug:
we have a week of family fun, bonding, and excitement...:flower3:
hope this helps to settle the nerves before we return for the big day...
the cardiologist said to go and have a great time!:wizard:

hoping the magic helps to settle DH and myself and takes our mind off the gravity of things for a little while:hug:

** I need to add that we are very very thankful that he is a very healthy and active child other than a plumbing problem (as the doctors call it).:cutie:

Girl, you know if I prayed about your older son's grades, I will CERTAINLY pray for your little one's medical condition. I will also pray that the doctor and the medical staff.

I'm sure the arrival of June has brought both a sense of relief as well as mounting concern.

I'll be praying that your little guy comes through the surgery with flying colors. :hug:

I hope you are feeling lifted up in prayer! There is nothing more frightening than being a parent, is there? May God guide the doctors and give you peace!!:hug:

:angel: My DS's surgery tomorrow around 11:30 am. We are currently up letting him play w/his brother (16) trying to wear him out and drink as much as we can get him to. He cannot have anything after 3:30 am/clear liquids stop at 7:30 am. We are hoping he sleeps until it is close to time to leave so we do not have to try and keep him from asking for his beloved first thing in the morning "Pedisure", chocolate milk.

I won't be able to update until Tuesday/Wednesday.

Again, thank you for your prayers and well wishes; it has helped me get through this time up to now.:grouphug:

Sending you all some BIG Koala cuddles.
I shall be thinking of you all as you face this difficult time.

:grouphug: Trish

Thinking of you all and praying for a successful surgery and easy recovery!

I'm praying that the surgery goes even better than expected and that by the end of the day your little guy is on his way to a full and quick recovery. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter