We are back! "Christmas with the mouse" trip report!!!**New 1/1/08**

any one ever use those wrist bracelet things that are supposed to help w/ motion sickness? my dd5 has bad issues w/ car vomiting!

Amy..Thanks for your reply. I actually found some "ear buds" on the internet that had been featured on CNN and other shows. ihearsafe is the name of them. A mom helped developed them. They are approved by an audiologist and everything. I went ahead and ordered them. They were "on sale" for $20. (as opposed to $30.) I can never pass up a sale it seems. We should be receiving them soon. I'll post again and let you guys know how they are.

Thanks!!!

Lettie- I used "Sea Bands" the last time we flew to orlando. (I don't get air sick in the big jets..but those little planes make me green with nausea!!! Of course anytime we fly to Orlando it's always in a tiny little Comair jet) I don't know if it was all in my head or not..but they worked!!!! I put them on as we boarded the plane. I was able to read my magazines, do crossword puzzles..whatever and I NEVER felt sick!! Let me know if they work for you guys!!

Lettie - My great nephew (5) has issues with car sickness on long trips and children's Benadryl seems to help.

ok.. will try those Princess.

tried benadryl before.. just makes her sleepy and vomity .. so she isnt awake enough to tell us she is going to puke all over my favorite sweatshirt (again)! :mad:

Keep coming w/ other ideas tho! I am game for anything for a 10 hour drive! :banana:

1 MONTH!!!!
Hey..Anyone seen my ticker???? It says 1 MONTH!!! Tomorrow it will be DAYS instead of months!!!! :banana: :banana: :yay: :cheer2: :cheer2: We made our "Countdown to Disney" poster yesterday. I want to post a picture..but have no idea how to. Can someone IM me picture posting directions??? WARNING...I will need Step by step directions!

Thanks!!

One month for us as well. I was going to make a countdown calendar, but we still haven't told the 5 yo. Now I am trying to keep everything hidden until he knows for sure.

1 month is almost the bestest feeling EVER! Yaaaay for you.

You have to upload your pictures to a website, then you can copy and paste them to your thread. I use shutterfly.com. It walks you through the uploading process.

Good luck!

It's official...30 days!!!! We put the first "cookie" on our Countdown poster this morning! (It'll make more sense when I post the picture)

TICKER UPDATE:woohoo:
Just in case you haven't looked at my ticker today....We are now counting DAYS instead of months!!! I've been waiting since January for my ticker to count DAYS!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cool1: :dance3: :dance3: :yay:

I will be posting some pics soon. I got some very detailed directions on how to post pics so when I have a moment I will do so. (It probably won't be until next Wednesday though. Things here are CRAZY busy!!!)

I hope everyone had a GREAT Halloween!!!

Change of title

:santa: I just wanted to let you guys know I changed the name of this report. With it being under a month it doesn't seem right to call it a "VERY early pretrip report" anymore. :banana: :woohoo:

AWESOME!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!

Do you have your undies packed yet?! I am always afraid of not having enuf undies! :rotfl2:

:banana:

Princess-RN ...if your detailed instructions work, please send them to me. I finally (with outside help) was able to get the ticker. I will really want to post some pics when we return from our Mardi Gras Trip.

We are all soooo excited...our last trips have been adults only. But my daughter and son-in-law are in the process of adopting a foster child and she is going to WDW with us. Can you imagine....we get to bring a precious 4 year old who has never been on a vacation....let alone a visit to the mouse!!!!

:rotfl: Lettie- I know what you mean about the undie situation. :rotfl: I have that fear myself! I haven't started in kind of packing but I HAVE been trying to figure out exactly what the heck I'm going to wear! (T-shirts and shorts....sweats and jeans???? Who knows???:confused3 ) The week before we leave I'm going to be glued :surfweb: to weatherchannel.com to try to make some sense of it all. Right now (I live in central Alabama) we are mid
70's during the day and low 40s at night. Who knows what Orlando will be like!!!

bornwiththeears- Aww...you guys are going to have a GREAT time with the new addition!! There is NOTHING like seeing Disney world through the eyes of a child. It's just amazing to see the look of pure amazement on their face. I LOVE it!!
I haven't had time to test out the picture directions. Well, I did have time last night...but my camera decided not to cooperate! :mad: I will get them to you if it works!!

I know what you mean about being glued to the weather channel. We are right on the Gulf Coast....about the same weather as you are having. Last November we watched the weather for our Thanksgiving trip to the mouse....but still got caught off guard by some unexpected, unseasonably cold weather a few days before Thanksgiving. This time I am going to be sure to throw in gloves, scarves and extra fleece jackets. It is much better than having to buy things at the park.

bornwiththeears- See, that's what I think too. DH is DETERMINED that he is only bringing shorts and long sleeve t-shirts. Now, don't get me wrong...he can wear shorts in the snow but I don't think he can keep that up for extended periods of time. I am hoping to talk some sense into him. I'm going to pack a little bit for any kind of weather. I don't want to be too hot or too cold...plus I have to look cute right? LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!