We'’re out of it! … A summer 14 “MAGICal” Med adventure Day 14/Aug 05 updated 05/05

Not good about the room cleaning, not what you expect on Sony cruise, let alone a Disney one

It was just one more thing that was annoying. The only cruise I did not rate everything excellent at the end. ::yes::

When it comes to tours, this is a rarity...........but certainly a wonderful occurrence! :yay: Seems like a lot of tours I have been on, they seem to focus on giving you time at the places I don't have any real interest in, and rush you through the areas you would like to really take time and explore! :confused3

We were so pleased with our guide and that is the blessing of a private tour, we had as much time to look around as we wanted to if we wanted to explore - the only place where we were moving constantly was the slope houses, but then the paths were narrow and we would have held up everyone else.
Why did I think it wouldn't take long for you two to try out those beverages you brought on board with you??? :rotfl2: At least you had a really good excuse.:rolleyes1

On that cruise you did not need an excuse to "try" a new drink. You needed it to not scream out loud. :rotfl:

Sorry you room wasn't cleaned, I do enjoy seeing the pics of the boat!

We were just not used to coming back to a dirty stateroom. Usually, when you leave they are inside the stateroom and have it ship shape when you return from a meal. This host was not all that interested in his work.
Ports were beautiful though and we were really happy with most of the tour guides.

I can't get over the lack of room cleaning! What the heck???

Neither could we. It just added up and as I mentioned to some other cruisers - would this have been our first cruise, I would have saved a lot of money, as it would have been our last as well.

Did you ever find out what was going on? I would have been very angry. Aside from that, your tour in Turkey looked really spectacular- I am glad at least THAT worked out!

We never really found out. When we got back the host was on break and not to get ahead of ourselves, he even topped it lateron. :rotfl:
The tour was great and I was glad with the way it went. Trusting an outside company with a day's tour took a bit of thinking about it, but I am glad we took it. It was really interesting.

Hi karin! I have had such a hard time keeping up and even writing on my TR. I was happy to see I wasn't too far behind here. Loved your Greece tour! Greece is on my bucket list. So beautiful and so much history!

Wow sorry your room wasn't cleaned. Not nice to come "home" to.

WOW!!!!!!!!! It has been like forever until I have been here to update. :scared1: I hope I still have a reader ...... or maybe two. ;)
But I finally finished 2013's TR and I am determined to get this baby out of the way too - we have two more trips coming up.

Now, on with replies and an update!

Great update, Carin! Room not serviced by 4 pm :confused3

Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed the trip so far.
As far as the lack of servicing the room - it was a trip of many disappointments on DCL's behalf.

My hometown has RUINS of the Old Abbey, in fact ruins are found around town , even in the cellar of my childhood home . I still enjoy looking at old ruins though, I bet the town had ruins thoughout as well. To bad no room cleaning done

I guess us Europeans are much more used to ruins as there is a "bit" more history. We still have the remnants of our city walls and it's about a 1000 years old.
And yes, our stateroom host on that cruise definitely was not the best.

I think by the time you got to the last stop, if it had been me, I would have been "ruined out". I don't blame you for wanting to go back to the ship before the tour was officially over. But what? :confused3 4PM and your room had not been cleaned? I would have been expecting the turn down service to be coming at that time, not still waiting for initial cleaning! Wow!

By the last stop we were DONE! It was so hot and there is only so much you can take in, in a day.
So, when we returned to our stateroom we were looking forward to a nice clean room, but that was not the case. Thank god we had enough towels so we could at least have a shower.

Looks like you had a lovely day. That just stinks about the room not being cleaned when you got back.

We had an awesome day! Just don't remind me of the room not being cleaned. ;)

I would be so chicken to book a private tour. Like you said I would be afraid they would leave us somewhere. :scared1:

To be honest, I WAS quite concerned about booking a private tour, especially in Turkey, but they had great reviews and I so don't like to be "herded" along in a huge crowd. So we just sucked it up and booked the private tour, and it worked out brilliantly!

I hope you reported the room not being clean...that is unexceptable!!!

Actually we never did. And it was not the only time this happened, but I was getting so fed up with things not working on this cruise. To be honest this was the first cruise I was happy to get off the ship and I did not even look back at it.

Hi karin! I have had such a hard time keeping up and even writing on my TR.

Tell me about keeping up .... :rotfl: I cannot even stay on top my TRs.

I was happy to see I wasn't too far behind here. Loved your Greece tour! Greece is on my bucket list. So beautiful and so much history!

Athens was beautiful and so was this day in Turkey. If Greece is on your bucket list - make sure you hop over to Turkey as well if you want to see a lot of history.

Wow sorry your room wasn't cleaned. Not nice to come "home" to.

As you said, NOT nice, not at all.

Just checking in Karin !!! Getting close to my Universal trip in October !!!

Can't believe you have already returned from your trip, Rosie. :faint:

Trying to catch UP !! Hopefully after my Albany Trip this week and the 4 case reviews I have to do, I can take a little break and maybe a few days off for a STAYcation. I plan to do a lot more Disssing , when I am not so tired from the long days at work. To be able to relax and take my time will be wonderful!!!

Day 11, August 2

Kusadasi, Ephesus and more“ - Part 8

But we were hot and sweaty, so we just took showers and tried some of the new beverages. I had picked up some lemonades and they were really good and Tom had found some beers

IMG_3576_zpsssekzy0f.jpg

that he liked, there was plenty of time until we were to leave the harbour, so we headed right back into Kusadasi again.

IMG_3577_zpsjuhblsy9.jpg

This time we took far more time to look into shopwindows while strolling along the pier.

IMG_3578_zpsd0ow1zb3.jpg

There were some statues and photo spots and we stopped and took some photos and just enjoyed the scenery.

IMG_3579_zpsznqnh6eg.jpg

IMG_3581_zpswzf0he7w.jpg

IMG_3583_zpsdprsgqgy.jpg

IMG_3586_zps75tatwmd.jpg

IMG_3588_zpsvqywkdhp.jpg

IMG_3590_zpscuvtg7tk.jpg

We walked quite a way along the beach and when we were on our way back to the ship we decided to stop in at an ice-cream parlour/café for a little treat. Walking to the first empty table we realized that it was table 13! 13th letter of the alphabet? M as in Mickey Mouse. Definitely this was our table.

IMG_3591_zpsrvmx25ux.jpg

Tom had some time of lemonade

IMG_3592_zpslgbdsd0g.jpg

while I stuck with my trusted Diet Coke/Pepsi. They offered quite the array of sweet treats, but I had found something on the ice-cream menu that I really longed for,

IMG_3594_zpsdntyq9zl.jpg

a crepe filled with ice cream and decorated with chocolate sauce and fresh fruit. It was delicious and the only downside was that it was still pretty hot and the ice-cream was melting fast.
Once we had finished our snacks and paid the bill we strolled back to the ship

IMG_3596_zpskyna32c9.jpg

and picked up a few more of the lemonade bottles and beers before we got back on board.

IMG_3597_zps7rnzalzh.jpg

When we got back to the room it was still not made up but instead we had a notice being pushed under the door that we had opted not to have our room serviced. Hm, must have been another me who did this and since our stateroom host was again nowhere to be seen we just ran with it, but definitely not the service you would expect from the top notch Disney brand.
We changed into more comfortable clothes and sat out on the veranda for a while,

IMG_3599_zpseb5ixqmw.jpg

IMG_3600_zpstooyz9k0.jpg

watching people on the ship sitting on the other side of the pier. At 6pm the captain blew the whistle and we were pulling out of Kusadasi. It had been a great day in port, much better than we had ever expected it to be.

DSC_0437_zpsjgufus6h.jpg

DSC_0438_zps0aor5alv.jpg

DSC_0441_zpsefnx8mov.jpg

DSC_0444_zps454q133p.jpg

DSC_0450_zpsfsg9tasa.jpg

Once we were out at sea we headed out to walk around the ship a bit. We tried to go down to Keys but they had an event going on, next stop O’Gill’s, but the singers were there and it was far too loud in there. By then we knew the drill. There was nowhere we could go and sit and have a beverage other than the Cove Café.
So we headed up and found a table but to our huge surprise there were a lot of younger women, all with their kiddos, some of them in their strollers, so definitely not 18 years of age. The servers didn’t seem to mind, but it was something that really was strange.
Tom and I quickly ordered some drinks, Tom had a

IMG_3602_zpsiqtqpqts.jpg

Cappuccino, while I ordered an

IMG_3601_zpsygaunhha.jpg

Espresso Martini, Absolut Vanilla, Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, Frangelico and Espresso. We had a full coffee card, so Tom’s coffee, as it was the cheaper of the two, was free. Free or not, they were both really good and we sat and enjoyed the early evening, talking about how much we had enjoyed our visit to Kusadasi and the excursion.

To be continued ..........

Once again wonderful pix. That dessert definitely looked wonderful. So your room was not cleaned because someone other than you requested it not be .... Interesting !!!!!

Thanks to your TRs I really enjoyed the Cove cafe on our cruise. I never filled my coffee card, but I did enjoy a few beverages from there. Nice to see you updating again!

I'm still here! Looks like a lovely day. What is up with your stateroom host? Unacceptable! I wouldn't have been happy about all the kids in the Cove Cafe! I probably would have said something but that's just me. :) I'm a troublemaker!

Alison....you can use your coffee card on other cruises....I still have one in my purse waiting on my next cruise!

Jill in CO

Strange...someone other than yourself deciding your room did not need to be serviced:confused::confused:
The day looked like a relaxing port day.

Glad to see you back on the boards again. I too need to get updates done and one trip report finished so I can be ready to start another.:banana::banana:

Hi, Karin! :wave: Trying to catch up a bit... The photos are beautiful...but always remind me how happy I am being an arm chair cruiser. ;)

Hope all is well with you and Tom. :hug:

I had to think of you and your comments about the lack of quiet sitting spaces on the Magic during our Norway cruise. We encountered the same problem, especially since it often was too cold outside to hang out there. But it seems that you were able to make lemonade out of lemons, that martini from the Cove Cafe looks delicious!!

I'm trying to figure out why I didn't comment on the amazing ruins... Thank you so much for all those gorgeous pictures, wow!!!! Even more special being an unexpected fantastic day. Other than the horrible stateroom host. Fun that you went back out after cleaning up. I would not have been pleased those kids were in the Cove Café.

Once again wonderful pix. That dessert definitely looked wonderful.

It was such a beautiful day - I had not expected it to turn out that way. And yes, the dessert was wonderful. I really like those kind of things. ;)

So your room was not cleaned because someone other than you requested it not be .... Interesting !!!!!

I don't really think that someone else requested it not to be serviced, but I think he just chose an easy way out. I guess later he entered the room and found out that he had not done it, or remembered he had not done it and just placed the note underneath the door.:confused3

Thanks to your TRs I really enjoyed the Cove cafe on our cruise.

Yeah! Glad I could be of help. :goodvibes

I never filled my coffee card, but I did enjoy a few beverages from there. Nice to see you updating again!

You can take that card to your next cruise. They are all the same on all ships. Once you have filled it, the next coffee drink is on Mickey. :thumbsup2

Looks like a lovely day. What is up with your stateroom host? Unacceptable!

Jill, by then I it was all just adding up too much. So many things just did not turn out to be the way we knew it and it was just "one more drop in the bucket".

I wouldn't have been happy about all the kids in the Cove Cafe! I probably would have said something but that's just me. :) I'm a troublemaker!

Neither were we. But as I said, "one more drop in the bucket". The only place you could have peace and quiet at, was your room and that was dirty. :rotfl2:I thought about saying something as I was boiling inside, but then bit my tongue, just not to work myself up even more, as the CMs there could not have cared less.

Alison....you can use your coffee card on other cruises....I still have one in my purse waiting on my next cruise

I second that!!

Strange...someone other than yourself deciding your room did not need to be serviced:confused::confused:

I think it was just an excuse he used, as neither Tom nor I had said something to him and I don't believe one bit that someone else can tell them to NOT clean someone else's room. He might have overlooked our room, or thought he might do it later and never did it, but it surely was not the service we were used to.

The day looked like a relaxing port day.

It really was a great day. I was more than happy we had decided on the private tour. :thumbsup2

Hi, Karin! :wave: Trying to catch up a bit... The photos are beautiful...but always remind me how happy I am being an arm chair cruiser. ;)

Great to see you back, Christine! I am happy you still enjoy our travels as an armchair cruiser.

Hope all is well with you and Tom. :hug:

Many things have happened, Christine. Guess I need to send you an email soon and fill you in on the details. :goodvibes

Oh, Karin....please do email...hope it is the same email address ...the chrissy7273... Praying everyone is okay. :grouphug:

So they though you requested your room not to be service. LOL. Well that explains it...but wonder who requested it. :crazy2:

Popping in and happy to see an update with some awesome pics! I saw your post to Christine, Karin so here's a big old :hug: just because :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter