WDW's Dolphin Resort?

bonnieleigh

Mouseketeer
Have any of you ever stayed here? What was your experience like? My family and I are staying here in a couple weeks (we booked the trip on very short notice) and don't really know what to expect.

DH and I stayed here in fall of 05. We loved it. The location is great and it is really a beautiful resort. The bed was great. We had a room overlooking the Swan and the walkway in between the two. We could see the Tower of Terror. We loved it and will go back again.

Beautiful resort with a location to match. Arguably the second best pool area after Stormalong Bay

It's our favorite! Unfortunately, we couldn't get reservations for our Nov trip.
However, we've booked a suite for our trip in May!

The staff is the best I've encountered in the almost 30 years we've gone to WDW.
It's walking distance to Epcot and DHS.
The beds are absolutely heavenly.
Between the S/D, there are 5 pools.
There are wonderful restaurants.
There are a couple of really nice gift shops.
If you're a nurse,teacher, or gov't worker, the discounts are out of this world.
AAA will also give you a great discount.
You can take advantage of EMH.

You cannot get the DDP or ME.

Great place to stay - great restaurants and the beds are very comfortable!

hello!!

I stayed there twice now. Once on an all girls trip for my HS graduation 3 years ago and we loved it! Then again May of 07 with my parents, sister and boyfriend, we had to connecting rooms. For my HS graduation when we mentioned it at check in they upgraded us to a better view on a club level floor so we were very excited. The area the resort is located in is by far the best aspect of it! It is my favorite resort area and a little less expensive the the other hotels in the area! Oh and the option of buses or boats is very nice. You can even walk the trail to Hollywood Studios however my Mom and I did this once....it is a hike haha! Have a blast!!!

You will love the Dolphin - we do.

The Grotto pool is great - but there is a large quiet pool by the Swan you can use, a lap pool (adults and good swimmer only) by the Dolphin, a kiddie pool and a hot tub.
Plenty of towels at the pool area. Do not ring your room towels.

Join Starwood - the owner company of Sheraton/Westin (Swan/Dolphin).
Then ask for a free bump up in room category by being a Starwood member.

Join AAA to get a great discount - if you can not get a teacher, nurse or governmnet employee discount.

AAA also gives you a 20% off discount at Swan/Dolphin owned eateries (check when you arrive, the rules may have changed).

Picabu's in the Dolphin is open 24/7 for food, snacks, personal items, refillable mugs.

The Dolphin Fountain BLT is wonderful for a quick lunch.

If you need a taxi , they are waiting for you right outside the front door.

Walk to ECPOT (or boat) and boat to DHS.
Bus to DTD, MK & AK.
Buses come about every 15 - 20 minutes. We only waited 30 minutes once.

You can rent a refrigerator for $12 a day and/or empty the snack cooler (very small only cool - not cold refrigerator) for one time charge of $20 plus tax to keep your water bottles cold.

You can rent bikes at the BW and boats at the YC/BC marina.

Have a blast!

We are fans of both the Swan & Dolphin! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

In 7 trips between the 2 everything has always been wonderful! I'm going back in a couple months and can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter