Wdw winter discounts

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by Sue M, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Oct 10 seems to be release day for winter discounts for General Public. No word on AP discount. Disney Visa was released today, but of course we can't get Disney Visa :sad1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Muddypaws

Muddypaws Mouseketeer

I am not-so-patiently waiting for the 10th and starting to panic a bit. Sounds like the rooms were booking up fast and furious yesterday with a lot of categories filling up as the day went on. I really hope they release a new bunch of rooms next week.

I was really hoping that Disney would release a discount just for Canadians, but it is not looking likely.

4. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

I would think that they would have a certain # of rooms for each promo.

Sadly I won't be taking advantage because FQ once again is only getting a measly 5% from WDW, and I booked using a CAA room discount and getting 20% with that. I don't want to switch resorts (even though I love POR and its getting 30%) because I want to try FQ. Never stayed there.

5. DisneyFreak06

DisneyFreak06 DIS Veteran

The deal isn't on for when I can travel. I'm so limited with dates, being a teacher. ;)

I am debating just booking something now, or waiting to see if something better comes along. I still haven't book flights, but I haven't decided how long to stay yet without any deals!!!

6. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

You're lucky- all I could get was a 10% discount at the same resort. Not sure how that worked out. I wonder if the CAA discount rate fluctuates depending on your dates...

7. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Not sure, I heard it may depend on how early you book, if you book when AAA rates come out you get the top rate of 20%, then when they fill that rate tier, it goes down to next level? We booked it in July for January.

8. tamarabannon

tamarabannon Mouseketeer

Where are the dates listed? I have my trip booked but want to send an email to the TA in the event I have to shift my dates.