WDW Veteran, DLR First timer...look over my plan please.

djspectre

Earning My Ears
I've been going to WDW for years now, but never to DLR. So I know to plan to get there early, and how the fastpass system works as well. I'm going on Sat, June 13. This will be an all adult trip, and no kids. According to Touringplans it will be a 6/10 for both parks, which doesn't seem to bad for a summer weekend.

I plan on starting over at DCA, and being there for rope drop. So my first question is should I try to go and get a Fastpass for Radiator Springs, or just go ahead and try to ride it either in the normal queue, or single rider line, we don't care if we get split up on the ride. After riding Radiator Springs, we are going to get fastpasses for WOC.

We then plan on doing Toy Story Mania, Cali Screaming, Grizzly River Run, Soarin', and TOT.

Hopefully we can get all of this done around lunch time, and head over to DL.

At DL, touringplans says to get a fastpass for Big Thunder mt. first, but I think we should grab one for Splash mt. first.

We will then do pirates, and grab a fastpass for Indiana Jones, and go do Finding Nemo, fastpass for Space Mt., do Buzz Lightyear, go back and ride Indy, haunted Mansion, back to tomorrowland for Star Tours, Matterhorn, Cafe Orleans for dinner, small world, fast pass for Roger Rabbit, ride Space Mt., and finish up at Roger Rabbit.

We'll then go back to DCA for WOC, and then back to DL, for either/both Paint the Night and DL forever.

I know this is a lot for one day, and we might actually get a little bit of time the Friday night before. Do you think all of this is possible or not?

Anything you would change, maybe not worry about, or something that I have to see that I'm missing?

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

It is definitely a lot, and you will be walking a ton.

Your FastPasses seem a bit ambitious to me. I'm not sure you would be able to get a FastPass for everything. Then again, I haven't been in the summer in years, so I don't know for sure.

If you are there at rope drop, you should be fine to go straight to Radiator Springs Racers, especially if you are willing to do the single rider line.

My biggest suggestion in Disneyland is to go for the Space Mountain FastPass first. That is the first FP to get gone for the day, and it goes fairly quickly. You should be able to get the others later in the day. And the line for Space Mountain is always the longest in the park. It's the best way to judge how busy the park really is that day.

Good luck.

Your DCA plan seems realistic. I wouldn't waste time grabbing a FP for WoC right away. There's a couple ways to approach your start though, 1) go straight to TSMM and ride it since the line gets long really quick and stays that way all day then do CS single rider or as a group if a line hasn't formed then over to RS single rider. From there I'd grab a FP for one of your other rides and the WoC FP or 2) you can start with single rider for RS then TSMM and proceed from there. As far as your plan for DL it seems a little optimistic especially with a TS meal. I would pick your top 4-5 must do rides for DL and consider everything else bonus.

I am also a DW veteran. Visited DL two weeks ago for the first time. Loved that everything is close -- no buses between parks. Downside is the the rides "go down" a lot in my opinion. A few tips. Single rider lines are the way to go. RSR, Calif Screamin, Soarin in CA and Splash Mtn and Indiana Jones in DL. Definitely FP for Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mtn since lines get long and no single rider. Don't miss Aladian, WOC and Fantasmic. You will have a great time!

P.S. Don't waste your time with Finding Nemo. It's as bad as 2000 Leagues used to be at DW.

You won't make it from WOC to fireworks. They've timed it so you can't do it. Watch the fireworks from the end of Main St near the gate, then go to the second WOC show.

Your DCA plan seems ok. You could really just single rider racers though, and get on it in about 5 minutes after open. TSMM builds a line quickly that is consistent throughout the day. Grizzly River run should have a really short single rider line in the morning too, I would knock that out when you pick up your WoC fastpasses.

When you get over to DL, get a Space Mountain FP first and go from there. BTMRR FPs usually last well into the night and the line isnt always too bad depending on the time of day. IJA also has single rider which is sometimes very effective, other times not at all.

You won't make it from WOC to fireworks. They've timed it so you can't do it. Watch the fireworks from the end of Main St near the gate, then go to the second WOC show.

They don't have a second showing of WOC. I guess WOC is the must see, im going to miss the fireworks, and just see paint the night.

If it was me I'd try to Fastpass RSR and Soarin' as well as get a WOC Fastpass early at DCA and Fastpass Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Indy at DL. I agree with what others are saying that, if you can, you should take advantage of single rider lines in lieu of fast pass.

Try to catch TSMM early in the day, or the lines will build up, although they do move at a decent clip.

I wouldn't waste a fast pass on BTMRR, in fact, I'd get a fast pass for Star Tours instead as BTMRR generally has more reasonable standby times.

Also, I really like Finding Nemo and thought that the subs and the show is great. It's a worthwhile attraction if the wait time is 30 minutes or less. I definitely wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes for it.

Finding Nemo is pretty much the same as The Seas with Nemo and Friends at Epcot.

Toy Story Midway Mania is the same in Disney World and CA Adventure.

If you are looking to cut down a few attractions, those are ones you can probably skip. I love both of them but they might be good things to cut if time is a factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter