WDW Vacation during the school semester

Mandabella

<font color=red>My cups runneth over at times<br><
Has anyone took a week off during the semester to go to WDW? How did it go over with your professors? How did you approach them about it? Were you permitted to make up work before/after the trip?

I already have a vacation planned and paid for this fall for WDW.
Sadly in the past few years, I have been laid off twice and so has my DH. I am thinking it is time to go back to school for another degree. I am thinking about going back this Summer/Fall at a local Technical/Community College. Currently, I am not working but my DH is.

If I cancel my trip, I will lose money...but I would have to wait another year to start school. Decisions...Decisions...Decisions...

I know some people feel I should just cancel the trip and start school ASAP, and others have told they have done this and were permitted to make up work. I will be talking with the college next month at an information session, so I can see what they say.

I'm just curious if others have been in a similar situation and what they ultimately did.

I think you should do both. Go back, but also go back to school. Of course your going need to make sure you arent going to miss any tests/projects while your gone, but if you are, just explain to your prof your situation. Most of them are understanding (or what ive seen). Try to do the work ahead of time to show them that you arent going to miss anything, then borrow any notes/class work from a fellow student when you get back.
If your in a big enough class, the prof probably wont even notice that your gone.

Good luck!

Talk to the professor and then make plans to get the notes from a classmate. Most professors will be more than understanding.

People lead very differet lives..and ofcourse that means they may miss class on occasion. A week or two before you go, just tell your professor you will be unable to attend class on the specific days and ask what work you will need to be responsible for.

Depends on the class, also make sure your class doesn't have an attendence policy that may give you the boot.

Some classes have a "miss more than 3.." your gone rule. Most instructors here won't let you make up a test/quiz unless you have a doctor's note saying you were in the hospital for X amount of time. :(

I am taking online courses this term so I can vacation while still in school and just bring my laptop with me. Look in to it ans see if this could be an option for you.

i was out for a week in February and talked to the profs the first week of classes.. I did miss a quiz, but was able to make it up the week i got back...I didnt even have thatm uch work to do...
Im going again in sept and missing 3 days and im not at all worried about it

I know how you feel! I'm going back for my BSN full time in the fall, luckily most of my classes will fall on the same one or two days of the week, and next february I know I will have to miss class for our vacation over president's day week (although I'm hoping maybe there will be some time off then, but likely not). I'm not too worried about it, people miss class for various reasons and as long as you aren't in a really crazy program (like my RN associates degree program), it shouldn't be a problem. The school I went to was ridiculous, I got activated September 11, 2001 with my National Guard unit, and my school made me take a zero (with no option for a make up) on the quizzes I missed, thank god I got back before I missed a test or they would have kicked me out. I'm certian that what they did wasn't even legal and if I had needed a grade instead of the zero they gave me (lowest quiz got dropped), believe me someone would have been hearing about that. It wasn't my fault there was a terrorist attack on our nation and my military obligation caused me to have to respond to that threat. I couldn't believe that my school held that against me!

Thanks everyone for your insight. I'll find out for certain from the school next month...I hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter