Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by married2mm, Mar 15, 2013.
Wdw UK site now covers next year.
No mention of free dining-(yet-hopefully!)
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
That's earlier than normal isn't it?
It does seem rather early.
Can't find okw for August though.
Had a chuckle when I found a price in January though,2 weeks in 2 bed villa £6538.00-oh my!
Wow prices have gone up alot they want 2142 for port orleans this year was around 1800 i believe. Might be a year we go somewhere else :-(
Just sit tight for a while. They don't usually open up the next year so early so either they are trying something new to try get an idea of volume of initial bookings before they assess discounts for the new period, or they haven't properly released all rooms, resorts etc yet
Which Port Orleans are you looking at by the way? We're back at POFQ next year. It better not be insanely expensive!
Same price for both :-(
Girls start school next sept so we wanna try and get back before then so im ot in a rush to book but pricing up other destinationsits just as cheap to go to disney :-( cant win
I made a simulation for 2014 using our 2013 dates (matching the days of the week to account for the higher prices fridays and saturdays)
our 3 weeks at POR would cost us £675 more than it has cost us for 2013 (both prices without discount)
part of this increase can be blamed on the 21 days ultimate tickets (£305 and £285 instead of £280 and £260) that's quite a hike.
£25 for a ticket.
that's still £200 more per week at a moderate.
For a preferred at POR, that's an 18% increase on the rack rate ...
The 14 day tickets are up too - so the more people in your family the more that will up your price.
As for free dining, I doubt we will see that until the end of the current resort room discount offer which carries on until the beginning of April. That brings us almost to the time when Disney usually release their prices for the next year so we shall sit and wait.
Sarah, is this the first year that your girls are 3 (i.e. no longer infants but Disney 'children')? That will add another £500+ to your stay immediately
Bookable but not my be ATM , goodness the prices seem high. Think we'll wait until they come down a bit before and some offers are released before we think about 2014 x
So do you guys recon that these prices will stay the same with free dining? Or do the room prices go up a little to compensate for the free dining when that is released?
Yes this is the first year we pay for them :-(, but their third visit . I think although we pay for their tickets we are getting free food for them where as the times before it cost us a bit in food as they both like to eat
Im still gonna wait for hopefully free dining and perhaos do oct instead of august
one thing's for sure, the price won't be going down when (and if) free dining returns.
We'll probably see accomodation discounts, like the one currently going on for 2013. Like 15 to 35% on accomodation, but not with free dining at the same time
Sarah, have a good think about October, as I would definitely do that if it were an option. I can, but it would mean taking DD out of a whole week of school and she is going into secondary school - not sure I want to do that.
We've done October twice and it's a fabulous time to go, less rain than August, definitely not as humid as September, room rates are slightly lower ..... Have a chat with your DH and ask a few questions to get opinions of others but if you can swing it, I'd personally be doing it in a heartbeat
We did oct in 2011 and then first two weeks nov last year, this year we go 20/11 as we wanna be there for girls brthday
I personally have no problem taking girls out of school, my parents took me out as my dad couldnt have school holidays off work and never harmed me
I'm not in the market to book for 2014 (hopefully we will have moved to Florida permanently by then!) but my advice would be to sit tight for now and wait for free dining and other discounts.
We looked up the price of our 2013 trip (2 weeks, SSR with tickets and free dining) and it's £2800 more in 2014 at the current price. My gut tells me that discounts will come in April when they usually release them so booking now will probably not be cost effective.
Im sitting tight,crossing my fingers,holding my breath and hoping .Theirs only so much overtime a lady can do
We may very well be in the states living ourselves by next yr, " we find out in 2/3 wks!!! But if not then I really am praying for free DDP!
We loved loved loved our trip to SSR and it was such an amazing price for a 2 bed, with the free DDP plus 40% off resort price but there's no way we could easily afford it now
We are in the process of selling our house so if that happens then we will def book for next yr no matter the price,( since we don't need to buy another house for the next 20 years of my military Life) but I would like to look after our penny's and get the best deal all the same.
Mr Romance & Tinkerspea Hubby how are you managing to move over there? Is it work or relatives? So lucky xxx
I will answer for us, it's work related Dh is in the military and our time has come to take the foreign posting,
My dad is American and so ive spent many months at a time on and off over in Florida ( yes im lucky my family lived and came from Orlando! )and so we was always going to move over there as we just LOVE America and US life, it's just this way we get to have a free 3 year trial and not have to pay any thing to move or rent!
Wow Tinkerspea, great opportunity xxx I would love to move to the States but the way I qualified as a teacher (GTTP) is not recognised in the States :-( I do plan to go with the children god a full summer holidays in the next couple of years (my husband will only be able to do 2 weeks) but that might as close as I get, lol x
Separate names with a comma.