WDW to Port Canveral....

NeverSayNever

DIS Veteran
Sorry for the redundancy...

But I need thoughts on who to call to reserve private transportation from WDW to the Port.

I just read on one of the companies that they cannot pick up before 10am due to Port Canveral rules... Is this true? We wanted an earlier than 10 pickup.

Also, is the DCL Pickup time that much later?

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Best,

NEVER SAY NEVER

I'm guessing the "can't pickup before 10am" is getting picked up at Port Canaveral, NOT at Disney.

Other than that, I'll be interested in responses to the thread, as we'll be looking for transportation next July. I know one of the board sponsors is a transportation company (but sorry, can't remember the name right now). You can go to Trip Advisor and look up "Orlando Car Service" and/or post on CruiseCritic.com in their 'Florida Departures' board for more ideas also.

You would get a better response if you post this on the cruise board.

They can not pick up at WDW any earlier because of the time restrictions of when you can actually board the ship. Boarding begins at 11:00 a.m. If he were to pick you up any earlier and say it happens to be raining. He would be forced to leave you and your luggage dock side in the rain until security check in opens.

Disney now asks you to select a port arrival time when you do online check-in prior to your cruise. If you show up at a different time, you will still be admitted to the terminal. However, your embarkation group number is assigned based on the port arrival time you choose. If you arrive earlier than your port arrival time, you’ll just sit in the terminal cooling your heels until your group is called. So do online check-in as early as you can, choose the port arrival time you want, and schedule your transportation to the port accordingly.

Just remember the security check point does not open till 11:00 a.m. so you will not get access to terminal any earlier than 11:00.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter