WDW hotels ranked #1 - #26 on Trip Advisor

Surprised that Coronado Springs made it in the top. I just stayed there (convention) and it was over 900 steps from my room to the lobby. I also dislike the food court. This was me second stay there, first time I had my DD and DGD with me and didn't like it then.

Boardwalk/Poly/BC & AKL are my fav's

CBR should be up MUCH higher. It's a lovely resort and has a good food court and lots of pools. Very family friendly. Plus the rooms are spacious!

I am betting that CSR gets reviewed more often by business guests who are there for conventions and are used to fancier rooms and hotel amenities and less walking from place to place than you'd regularly get at a WDW resort. Most WDW resorts are places to sleep and shower and access to the parks - park guests don't stick around them all day for the most part. You'd think they'd fancy it up more if the main draw is a convention center, but the rooms aren't really any different from the other moderates. Of course CSR is the only moderate with suites and a fitness center.

I do want to know what is so special about that Holiday Inn. And look how high they rate Saratoga Springs! #7! Who'd have thought?

I think that CR and Poly are both suffering from the syndrome a PP mentioned, at that price point, one expects a lot more. Expectations set by a dollar amount are not met. The reason I gladly pay that price point is only in comparison to what I would get elsewhere on Disney Property.

When comparing hotels outside of the Disney Bubble; what the same dollars buy me elsewhere is staggeringly depressing when compared to the rooms at Poly and even CR.

Exactly. It's a shame they're rated so low because they're beautiful resorts, but at the end of the day you can get a lot more for your money elsewhere.

Personally I couldn't imagine going to Disney and not staying on property though :)

And look how high they rate Saratoga Springs! #7! Who'd have thought?

I almost commented on this, I wondered whether Saratoga Springs was actually popular outside of my own ignorance. They're certainly doing something right! :stir:

This is exactly what I was going to say!

Most of the reviews don't reflect Disney vacationers.

Totally agree. We've stayed at the CSR ten times and I would not hesitate to go back if we didn't always rent points and stay DVC now.

I've stayed at hotels in other states that Trip Advisor ranked, and you couldn't pay me to go back to them. I don't put a little stock into their stuff.

I am surprised Riverside is so much lower on the list than riverside. I have never stayed at neither but when booking not only did the cast member recommend riverside but so did the majority of people on a disney facebook page. Any ideas why?

I'm surprised and pleased to Saratoga so high up. Based on how little it's discussed on disboards, I am sort of expecting an 'eh' experience. Maybe it's because tripadvisor has more international travelers and they stay here more often due to price and dvc rentals? I don't know. :)

Truthfully, I was very impressed with SSR. The only thing I didn't like was the buses, and that was only because we had a couple of horrible waits at the resort.

It's very nice, the grounds are beautiful, and if you like going to DTD, it's perfect. It's little discussed here because it's basically a DVC resort. Not many people here book it outside of the DVC world. We booked our stay via DVC rental. Actually, I think it's popular with those from the UK... at least from what I've read here.

I think if I didn't love WL so much, I'd always stay at SSR.

I am a CR fan. Usually it is the cheapest room on the monorail. I love the convenience, given all the walking and crowds at WDW. I have stayed at Poly and actually prefer CR. And, if you get a room in the tower, the view is spectacular in my opinion.:goodvibes

LOL at putting a Holiday Inn above GF. Personally, that's my favorite resort, so it'd be number one in my book!

Also, disappointed to see CBR so low. In my opinion, that resort offers a much better value than most of the others with Disney often offering some of the best specials for that resort. The size has never been a big deal for me (I usually get put close to OPR anyway) and the theming is just great!

Holiday Inn better then GF! Doubtful!! Don't take this list too seriously!

Thank you. I can't take this list seriously.

I like TripAdvisor but some of the people leaving reviews are jaded. If there is hot water and no bed bugs at Pop they'll give it 5 stars. If their room isn't ready at exactly 3 pm at GF they'll give it 3. When it comes to value or moderate resorts the bar is set way too low and the bar for deluxe resorts like Poly or GF is way too high.

It's not surprising that WL and AKL have high ratings. They're the cheapest of the deluxe resorts and more people have stayed there, so one negative review will be bumped out by five positive ones in the same day. Not many people have stayed at GF or Poly so one negative review is a big hit to their score. And guests probably feel good because they're staying deluxe on close-to moderate pricing (WL, AKL). As someone who has stayed at WL, AKL and GF, I can tell you the first two don't compare.

I think in general GF will never win because there are people who claim to hate it without having stayed there! And those who do finally cross over are looking for any imperfection they can moan about.

I am happy to see Saratoga on top because it is a nice DVC resort.

Thank you. I can't take this list seriously.

I like TripAdvisor but some of the people leaving reviews are jaded. If there is hot water and no bed bugs at Pop they'll give it 5 stars. If their room isn't ready at exactly 3 pm at GF they'll give it 3. When it comes to value or moderate resorts the bar is set way too low and the bar for deluxe resorts like Poly or GF is way too high.

It's not surprising that WL and AKL have high ratings. They're the cheapest of the deluxe resorts and more people have stayed there, so one negative review will be bumped out by five positive ones in the same day. Not many people have stayed at GF or Poly so one negative review is a big hit to their score. And guests probably feel good because they're staying deluxe on close-to moderate pricing (WL, AKL). As someone who has stayed at WL, AKL and GF, I can tell you the first two don't compare.

I think in general GF will never win because there are people who claim to hate it without having stayed there! And those who do finally cross over are looking for any imperfection they can moan about.

I am happy to see Saratoga on top because it is a nice DVC resort.

I've not stayed at GF; it is a beautiful resort but the theming doesn't appeal to me. I don't "hate" it, but if I'm going to pay $300/night for a hotel room, I do expect it to be ready by the promised time. Disney and GF set the bar high by their pricing--when you can get a full suite at a very upscale hotel a few miles away for the same price, it is not out of line to have very high expectations for the premium price you are paying. Motel 6 can have a room ready by the stated check-in time, so yes, I would be quite irate if GF did not. For that price I'm in an outer building, without covered walkways to the main building, in a place where it is typically raining, blistering hot, or both--as opposed to paying that price a few miles away and being in a spacious suite in the main building with an elevator.

I'm not knocking staying at GF, but you seem to take its rating a bit personally. You clearly are very happy there, and that's awesome--but when you compare the overall value to that of many other area hotels, you can't deny that for someone who doesn't place an extremely high dollar value on being on property and on the monorail, the amenities don't stack in the GF's favor. Dollar for dollar, it's not exactly the best value for those with truly deluxe expectations. Those of us willing to pay extra for the bubble know what we are paying for, but the average Disney vacationer does not--and we leave our reviews here, not TripAdvisor.

Ofthewind and TandE'sMommyI think you are both right. There are people who seem to be GF haters without having stayed there. Their most common criticism is that the GF is "stuffy" or "snobby" or that the prices are prohibitive. Certainly, the price point is going to keep a percentage of guests from experiencing a stay at the GF, but that problem applies to a lot of deluxes. (Also, if you want the GF atmosphere, you can always just stroll the grounds, sit in the lobby and listen to the pianist and grab a meal at Gasparilla's where the food is as good as many sit-down restaurants and the outdoor seating faces the marina. It's a pretty spot.) I've stayed at the GF multiple times and the CMs could not be nicer or more down to earth. They've given us some amazing upgrades and extra special service that would motivate anyone to return. My room was always ready on time and if we arrived before check-in, CMs always texted us while we were in the parks to let us know our room was ready. (If it hadn't been ready on time, I don't think I would have immediately thought "I'm paying enough that my room should be ready on time," because I really expect my room to be ready on time no matter where I go. However, if it isn't, I wouldn't be upset unless I was arriving late in the evening and needed to collapse into bed ASAP.)Most of the guests at GF are fine. Their behavior is totally appropriate and frankly not noticeable in any way, but occasionally I read on these boards about a GF guest who thinks his/her needs take priority over everyone else's. Critics seem to identify that as a trait specific to GF guests whereas I would argue that you can see people with an inappropriate sense of entitlement all over the parks...all over the world even.

There's no question that the GF theming isn't for everyone and that is reality; It doesn't make people who don't stay there for that reason haters. Why spend deluxe money on a resort you feel "meh" about? In my visits to WDW since my DH first took me in 1983, I still haven't stayed at the Contemporary because its looks don't do much for me or my family. I don't hate the Contemporary, but when I think of what to do with $350-$450 dollars per night, I can usually come up with a better (to me) option.

I've not stayed at GF; it is a beautiful resort but the theming doesn't appeal to me. I don't "hate" it, but if I'm going to pay $300/night for a hotel room, I do expect it to be ready by the promised time. Disney and GF set the bar high by their pricing--when you can get a full suite at a very upscale hotel a few miles away for the same price, it is not out of line to have very high expectations for the premium price you are paying. Motel 6 can have a room ready by the stated check-in time, so yes, I would be quite irate if GF did not. For that price I'm in an outer building, without covered walkways to the main building, in a place where it is typically raining, blistering hot, or both--as opposed to paying that price a few miles away and being in a spacious suite in the main building with an elevator.

I'm not knocking staying at GF, but you seem to take its rating a bit personally. You clearly are very happy there, and that's awesome--but when you compare the overall value to that of many other area hotels, you can't deny that for someone who doesn't place an extremely high dollar value on being on property and on the monorail, the amenities don't stack in the GF's favor. Dollar for dollar, it's not exactly the best value for those with truly deluxe expectations. Those of us willing to pay extra for the bubble know what we are paying for, but the average Disney vacationer does not--and we leave our reviews here, not TripAdvisor.

What makes you think I'm taking it personally? Because I think most people simply don't like GF because of reasons other than theming and that instead of being honest about why they don't like GF, they use theming as a frequently used excuse?

Ofthewind and TandE'sMommyI think you are both right. There are people who seem to be GF haters without having stayed there. Their most common criticism is that the GF is "stuffy" or "snobby" or that the prices are prohibitive. Certainly, the price point is going to keep a percentage of guests from experiencing a stay at the GF, but that problem applies to a lot of deluxes. (Also, if you want the GF atmosphere, you can always just stroll the grounds, sit in the lobby and listen to the pianist and grab a meal at Gasparilla's where the food is as good as many sit-down restaurants and the outdoor seating faces the marina. It's a pretty spot.) I've stayed at the GF multiple times and the CMs could not be nicer or more down to earth. They've given us some amazing upgrades and extra special service that would motivate anyone to return. My room was always ready on time and if we arrived before check-in, CMs always texted us while we were in the parks to let us know our room was ready. (If it hadn't been ready on time, I don't think I would have immediately thought "I'm paying enough that my room should be ready on time," because I really expect my room to be ready on time no matter where I go. However, if it isn't, I wouldn't be upset unless I was arriving late in the evening and needed to collapse into bed ASAP.)Most of the guests at GF are fine. Their behavior is totally appropriate and frankly not noticeable in any way, but occasionally I read on these boards about a GF guest who thinks his/her needs take priority over everyone else's. Critics seem to identify that as a trait specific to GF guests whereas I would argue that you can see people with an inappropriate sense of entitlement all over the parks...all over the world even.

There's no question that the GF theming isn't for everyone and that is reality; It doesn't make people who don't stay there for that reason haters. Why spend deluxe money on a resort you feel "meh" about? In my visits to WDW since my DH first took me in 1983, I still haven't stayed at the Contemporary because its looks don't do much for me or my family. I don't hate the Contemporary, but when I think of what to do with $350-$450 dollars per night, I can usually come up with a better (to me) option.

I don't remember calling anyone a hater. I do remember saying people have embarrassingly low standards for Pop or POR compared to GF or Poly.

Sorry---hater was my own word---you said "claim to hate it without having stayed there."

I think that CR and Poly are both suffering from the syndrome a PP mentioned, at that price point, one expects a lot more. Expectations set by a dollar amount are not met. The reason I gladly pay that price point is only in comparison to what I would get elsewhere on Disney Property.

When comparing hotels outside of the Disney Bubble; what the same dollars buy me elsewhere is staggeringly depressing when compared to the rooms at Poly and even CR.

I agree with this. When you judge a place in your head, you definitely overlay how much you paid for it into whether it was good or bad.

We stayed at BLT last year (through Disney not points), and while I loved the location and the access to the CR, I came away with a negative feeling from it because I didn't think it was worth the price I paid. The room felt dirty like it could use a refurb in some places, and the service was basically non-existent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter