WDW Fans: Will you go see Harry Potter?

I am dying to go check it out. Until the kiddos came along Dh & I would take a few mini trips to IoA each year-we are both coaster junkies. That being said I just can't justify the ticket cost since my boys are too short to ride most of the rides there, same reason we haven't gone to sixflags with them yet-what is the point if you can't ride..

But for those who are going-have fun!!

See above post; don't count out these parks because you think the kids are too young/short to enjoy them. Oh, and I just wanted to mention that we went to DHS for the first time this year, and Universal is much better than DHS!

We are planning a trip just to visit HP, a couple days at their hotels. We have decided not even to go down to WDW on this trip.
Same here. It's not that we're Disney'ed out or anything (also planning a trip to Disneyland) but we're gonna' try to stay away from the World on the next Orlando trip to see what this new Harry Potter is all about.

If it's open when we go in May, I think we'll seriously consider adding on a day to visit. Either that, or make a special trip in the fall just for it. I am beyong excited about the Wizarding World. I'm a huge fan of both Harry Potter and Universal, and I can't wait to see everything in it's beautifully detailed glory!

We usually do a Universal day once every 4-5 years and the 4 year period is just about up. So we'll wander over (we have a car) and spend a few hours at Universal and, if there isn't a mob scene, see some of Potter.

I have a feeling that 3 of those hours are going to be spent in line for the new ride.

If thats what it takes we will do it (folks do that for Soarin for some reason). We will head there at park opening though so I doubt that will happen. Anyway still gives us an hour to hit the new D Dragons attraction (most folks are too whimpy for that one) and walk around for some pics. Thats all we want to accomplish anyway. It will be enough to know if it will be on our list in the future or not. If its really good-we will stay at HRH for 2 nights the next trip.

Have a split trip for June, staying at WDW and then at Universal RPR. WWoHP is the reason for the trip this year, however, we have scheduled more days at Disney than Universal - habit I suppose:lmao:

I have no desire, temptation, inkling, or even a remote interest in reading, watching, or seeing a Harry Potter movie, book, or amusement park attraction. It's not my genre; for those who like it, that is what makes the world go round, we all have different tastes.

As for Universal; we stayed there for 3 nights before our week in WDW this past Christmas and enjoyed it. We stayed at the Portofino Bay Hotel and spent two days in Universal and a day at Sea World. It was fun, but when we return home to Disney, we'll pass on Universal next time.

If we do we'll probably:

Stay at WDW onsite and spend most of our time there.
Take one afternoon or day to head over to Universal.
Then, quickly return and hide amongst the magic once more XD

We took our daughter, who was not quite 5 at the time, and she had a ball at IOA and US. She loved the ET ride, Barney's Show, The Curious George water play and ball area, the Fievel play area with waterslide, the Woody Woodpecker rollercoaster and the Shrek and Jimmy Neutron rides at Universal. At IOA, the whole Dr. Suess area was great. She also loved the Jurrasic play area, Popeye's boat and Primeval Whirl. There are lots of things for young kids to do at these parks.

We've been taking both of ours there literally since birth, and they have always had a ball and were never bored for things to do.

It's pretty much always been their favorite place, though we stay longer at Disney since it takes longer to see it all.

I have been wanting to go to Islands of Adventure for years and Harry Potter just makes it better. As much as I like Disney (Magic Kingdom is my favorite park out of any amusement or theme park), IOA has better coasters.

we are going a few days early and stay at my aunts time share so we can do Harry potter park it will be our first time going to universal and we are also taking the kids to sea world for the first time.

then after we will check into disney POR and just stay at disney :yay:

We probably won't check it out this year. We like to stay onsite when we do Universal so we have FOTL. We are already spending 11 nights at WDW, I don't really want to add on another night or two to do Universal this year. We'll probably take a break from WDW next summer and do just US.

Have a split trip for June, staying at WDW and then at Universal RPR. WWoHP is the reason for the trip this year, however, we have scheduled more days at Disney than Universal - habit I suppose:lmao:
We are total Universal nuts and we still tend to stay longer at WDW or at least we spend as much time. There are just more parks at WDW plus I love Downtown Disney. :thumbsup2

We will be going to Universal to see the Harry Potter thing this October which is big for me simply because I haven't gone back to Universal since they tried to charge me $10 for a small dixie cup of water out of a hose while I was waiting in line for Jaws 10 years ago.

We will definitely go, but I don't think it will be open in April which is a little disappointing since I wanted to take my ds there for his birthday. We will probably make a trip next year to enjoy the beaches and US. My dd will be a little taller too so hopefully she can ride more rides. My ds is a HUGE Harry Potter fan and so am I so I am really excited about it.

Haven't been to Universal in awhile, and when we were there wasn't too impressed. However, we are for sure going to see Harry Potter!!! Also planning on a second day to do other IOA and Universal rides, I did love the mummy rollercoaster! Never have done IOA though. Can't wait. I do feel kind of weird planning a trip w/ only 2 disney days and the other 2 days being universal!

Interesting replies everyone.

I tend to always spend some time (4-5 days) at Disney in addition to a few days (3-4) at the other area attractions. My next trip looks like I will actually (probably for the first time) be spending more time outside of Disney. Besides the American Idol experience, Disney didn’t add anything significant (and to classify AME as 'significant' is certainly debatable!) to their parks last year (and has nothing planned for this year). I have yet to ride Manta (Sea World), see Aquatica (Sea World’s water park) or ride Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket (Universal Studios) so am tempted to visit those 3 parks and, of course, am really looking forward to the Wizarding World at Islands of Adventure.

Sounds like there are quite a few who are visiting Universal for the first time or the first time in years. Should be interesting to see if Harry Potter is good enough to earn return visits.

We are total WDW fans...have not been to Universal since 1998.

That said, we are going to make sure our next visit to Florida includes a visit to see Harry Potter land! In fact, we are kicking around the idea of making our next visit a Sea World/ Universal trip and skipping WDW altogether. I think the MK is going to look pretty bad, all torn up while they are expanding Fantasyland. It might be worth passing on this time.

We are DVC members, so our trip will probably be onsite at WDW... just won't go to the parks this time.

As much as the idea of it kills me, we will not be going to visit it on our next trip this coming August. This is mostly because its newness will make it crazy busy and we feel that our time would be better spent at Disney. But being as much of a huge crazy Harry Potter fan as I am, I know that my family will be visiting it at some point. I got to go check it all out since it will basically be my heaven on earth!

Wow, all you Disney people who are thinking of trying Universal for the first time seem "scared" to go over there. It's a theme park just like Disney! Sheesh, just give it a chance. You judging a book by its cover makes you look really childish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter