WDW day trip?

Paticake

DIS Veteran
We will be at Vero Beach for 6 days in Oct. We are really looking forward to relaxing. We are suddenly having WDW withdrawals though. ( Going in Jan). We are now thinking of possibly doing a day at Disney. About how long does it take? Anyone do this before? Any advice?

I think you are about 2.5 hours from Disney at VB.

We will be at VB for a week in July, and decided that we couldn't be that close to WDW and not eat at Jiko. So, we decided to do a day trip for this, and then decided to make it really relaxing by reserving a studio for the day that we go.

We plan to drive to WDW, check-in at the BWV, hit a waterpark, come back to the BWV, shower and change then go to dinner. When we finish dinner, we may elect to go have some fun afterwards. Either way, we decided that having the room reserved gives us the ability to decide if we want to drive back to VB that night or not. If we're too tired (or having too much fun!), we'll go back the next day.

We did not cancel our VB room ressie for that night. Again, we may elect to just go back to VB after dinner. Besides, we didn't want to have to pack up all of our stuff, check out at VB, check in at BWV, and then check back in at VB. Too much!

So, that's how we plan to do it to make it relaxing and sane.:goodvibes We haven't done this before, so I hope it works as well as I think I've planned.

We did this last October. We were at VB for Fall Break and decided to go to MK for MNSSHP one night. We left VB around 1:00 or so and went to eat at Kona Cafe and then went on over to the park. We were able to get into the park with only our MNSSHP tickets. It was probably about a two hour drive from VB to WDW. We did not have to pay to park at WDW because of our VB parking permit in the dash - we were waved on through just as if we were staying on property. We stayed at the park until 11:30 or maybe midnight, but it was a long, sleepy drive back to VB. We wound up sleeping in pretty late at the beach the next morning, which was nice! I was glad we did it, but I think next time, we probably will let our beach vacations be just that - and not do the parks.

Our vacation that began June 10th was changed on the Friday before...it became 2 nights at the BCV and 3 nights at VB. :goodvibes However, we had a shared Illumination cruise planned on the Wednesday which was our second VB night. We did it! We left VB around 2, it's about a 2 hour, even a bit less, if you take the extra toll road..costs a bit more but not any traffic to speak of. It began to pour, so we didn't want to go to a park, and our Dinner ressie was at Cape May Cafe at 6:30, so we walked around the Animal Kingdom Lodge for a few hours,:love: went to dinner, and then Illuminations cruise. The ride back to VB didn't seem too long for us, "very close to retirement-aged" folks!

Bobbi:goodvibes

...We did it! We left VB around 2, it's about a 2 hour, even a bit less, if you take the extra toll road..costs a bit more but not any traffic to speak of. ...

Could you give me the directions/the way you went.

From Vero Beach we took I 95 to 528W and then 417 (DH isn't sure if that was South or West, you'll see a sign for Disney world). You can save 1 toll on 417 by getting off at X9. DH says that X9 is a Disney World Exit, just follow the signs. But he concurs, it took less than 2 hours, closer to 1 3/4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts