WDW DAS going digital? - YES - started April 30, 2015. See page 6

Talking to DD tonight (works attractions) and I am heading down next week and will be trying the new system. Some things she told me and I'll ask more later:

- You can not be early for your DAS time by even a minute. System won't see it and will look for another FP. If you have an anytime FP that is what it will see and use. It is set up to use the next available FP and if you are early then that one is not available.
- She can not see your MDE. What comes up on her screen is your next FP no matter how you obtained it.
- Said they were told 6 max on DAS assignment of return time but so far she had not had any guests asking for more to test it.
- I tried to ask how much she can help looking at the system for folks with issues and she said it is so simplistic and basic that there is very little they can do to adjust anything. She referred all problems to managers.
- I said something about a situation where the standby line is short and she said they can not give a DAS time when their posted time is 10 minutes and while they could wave you in, if you have any kind FP that the system can use, it will. She said she would suggest you just get in the 10 minute line rather than risk losing it.

Guess we will see how it goes.

I can understand the not coming early, but I hope they work it out so that it will be accepted right on time.

How are they handling the 10 minute waits? I hope the IT people can get that worked out like Universal's. I have no idea what their team member sees, but they scan the card and send him through when it's 20 minutes or less. Of course, Disney no longer has any type of card.

Well the 'rules' are that they can go through immediately if the time is 10 or less. Not that they can join the standby line. So they need to wave through with some sort of paper pass. Even something like a plastic card to be handed to the next checkpoint would be sufficient. Or have the person tap their band and turn it green by approving it.

Well the 'rules' are that they can go through immediately if the time is 10 or less. Not that they can join the standby line. So they need to wave through with some sort of paper pass. Even something like a plastic card to be handed to the next checkpoint would be sufficient. Or have the person tap their band and turn it green by approving it.

I don't believe there is a "rule" stating that you have to be let through the FP+ line if the wait is 10 minutes or less. I think they can send you through the FP+ line or the standby line.

- You can not be early for your DAS time by even a minute. System won't see it and will look for another FP. If you have an anytime FP that is what it will see and use. It is set up to use the next available FP and if you are early then that one is not available.
- She can not see your MDE. What comes up on her screen is your next FP no matter how you obtained it.
- Said they were told 6 max on DAS assignment of return time but so far she had not had any guests asking for more to test it.
- I tried to ask how much she can help looking at the system for folks with issues and she said it is so simplistic and basic that there is very little they can do to adjust anything. She referred all problems to managers.
- I said something about a situation where the standby line is short and she said they can not give a DAS time when their posted time is 10 minutes and while they could wave you in, if you have any kind FP that the system can use, it will. She said she would suggest you just get in the 10 minute line rather than risk losing it.
This is helpful to know!

Talking to DD tonight (works attractions) and I am heading down next week and will be trying the new system. Some things she told me and I'll ask more later:

Guess we will see how it goes.
Six max DAS assignments per day or at a time?

Have been here since Wednesday and have used the DAS about twice a day. Wifi is spotty, so twice the CM couldn't get it to work and just gave us a handwritten paper fast pass to use. When it has worked, it's been great though. Get the return time, they ask how many people are riding, and tell us when to come back.

When we return, DS scans first (it comes up blue) and the CM does something on the computer to make it turn green. When the rest of us scan,we all get green the first time.

Only delays are at the time of getting the return time, bc of the slow wifi, so once they get that fixed, things should be a lot better. I'm happy with the new system so far!

I don't believe there is a "rule" stating that you have to be let through the FP+ line if the wait is 10 minutes or less. I think they can send you through the FP+ line or the standby line.
Yes - there is no guarantee that you will be sent thru the Fastpass Line if the wait is 10 minutes or less.
It could be either.

I think that meant six people maximum attached to a single DAS.
yes.
6 people (5 plus the person with a disability) is the usual maximum number for DAS

I can understand the not coming early, but I hope they work it out so that it will be accepted right on time.
You are talking about the difference of one minute. If your time is 10:30 you can not come at 10:29. To be safe just approach at 10:31.

How are they handling the 10 minute waits? I hope the IT people can get that worked out like Universal's. I have no idea what their team member sees, but they scan the card and send him through when it's 20 minutes or less. Of course, Disney no longer has any type of card.
She said she tells people to use the Standby line if there is any chance they have an anytime FP+ because right now the system does not allow her to see it, not use it or get you through any other way other than tapping your band. It would make sense to use some kind of temporary scan ticket CM can tap and then you have to give to next CM to keep or the paper FP but for whatever reason they have not been given that option to utilize.

I don't think there is a rule, I didn't ask (but I will), I think it's just more a precedent that was set with the previous DAS. And honestly if I see a 10 minute wait I automatically go to Standby and never even asked for entry to FP.

Six max DAS assignments per day or at a time?
I'm not sure how it is working at GR to place on the DAS if the 6 max is in stone as opposed to before when if all were present they let you go over. BUT she is at the attraction where she assigns the names to the DAS for that particular ride/time...... when you scan the holder's MB a list pops up of all these names. She has seen some quite long. To give the DAS she has to tap each name that will be riding on that ride from the list. She was told max to tap/assign to return time is six. BUT if all those names are showing up it sounds like there are more on the DAS at the GR end or .... maybe that is because some regular guests come with varied guests, I know in one week I can have three different groups of relatives come off and on ... and then do those names stay put? Don't know, and like I said she hasn't had chance to test inputting more. If there is a set in stone limit on 6 this will affect some larger families.

[QUOTE

I'm not sure how it is working at GR to place on the DAS if the 6 max is in stone as opposed to before when if all were present they let you go over. BUT she is at the attraction where she assigns the names to the DAS for that particular ride/time...... when you scan the holder's MB a list pops up of all these names. She has seen some quite long. To give the DAS she has to tap each name that will be riding on that ride from the list. She was told max to tap/assign to return time is six. BUT if all those names are showing up it sounds like there are more on the DAS at the GR end or .... maybe that is because some regular guests come with varied guests, I know in one week I can have three different groups of relatives come off and on ... and then do those names stay put? Don't know, and like I said she hasn't had chance to test inputting more. If there is a set in stone limit on 6 this will affect some larger families.[/QUOTE]

Has anybody been to try a party size larger than 6? We have triplets so when my folks come with us we have 7. Hasn't been an issue with the DAS prior to going digital, we just all went to GR together to have it issued for 7.
Would love to hear experiences from others who have used for party larger than 6, immediate family members.

I contacted GS yesterday via email regarding this. We also will have seven. It's the first time all my kids (including my oldest DS -30) and his fiancé will be in a Disney Park together. So will post when they reply.

Used DAS once today at DHS. This time it worked as it was suppose. Only delay was getting the return time. There was no line for DAS returns when we arrived. The cm scanned ds' band a few times and it didn't work right. Scanned mine instead and worked perfectly. Took about 5 minutes to get it set up and cm kept apologizing for the wait. In the meantime, a line for DAS return times formed behind us and a 2nd cm came out with a handheld to help.

We are going in a few weeks. I always have had the GAC or DAS. I apologize if this has already been answered, but I do have a few questions with the new system. Does my DH and DD need to come with me now to GR to get it? Also, can I see the DAS return time given to me on the app? I tend to forget things easily so I hope so. Thanks!

One more question- does DAS work on shows and/or parades with FP+? I have never tried this before. Did use on A and E meet and greet though.

Hi everyone! I was at WDW last week (5/3 to 5/8) and got the DAS for my son and I wanted to share my experience with it, if that's OK.

Sunday, arrive at rope drop and head right to Guest Services to request a DAS. The cast member was very helpful and it was set up quickly. They take a photo of the person getting the DAS with a tablet and scan the magic bands or RFID tickets of everyone in the party. We were only 3, so no issues with large groups.

We had no issues using the DAS on Sunday through Tuesday. Yes, it's true you cannot arrive even 1 minute early, but we had no problems with that. And we had no trouble getting a return for the DAS with a 10 minute wait, actually. We were just given a time 10 minutes later. We did that for Aladdin's Magic Carpets.

We had park hopper and had FP+ set at the 2nd park on Tuesday at HS (morning at AK) and we were able to use the DAS for the safari in the morning. We got our return time and walked the Paganini trail and when we were done, got on the safari. The person with the DAS HAS to scan their band/card first. However the person does not have to be there to request the return.

On Wednesday 5/6 the system crashed and we had to stop by a FP kiosk to get a paper card (the old way). A cast member said she preferred the paper because it was easier for them as the wifi is spotty and the system crashes frequently. Though as a parent, I liked using the magic bands as they were less conspicuous. We used the DAS 4 times that day, in addition to our 3 FP+. My son was able to meet Anna and Elsa (who at the time had a shorter wait than Cinderella) and ride Pirates of the Caribbean because of it. Other uses that day were Aladdin's carpets and Haunted Mansion (40 minute posted wait)/

Thursday the system was back running but we didn't use it ate AK.

Friday we had only one issue with the DAS--in the evening at the Dumbo ride and a cast member telling us we couldn't use DAS there. Not so, and another cast member was more helpful. That queue is crazy, though.

Overall, I had a good experience with the new system. Though we used it more on the day the system crashed and we went back to paper.

I contacted GS yesterday via email regarding this. We also will have seven. It's the first time all my kids (including my oldest DS -30) and his fiancé will be in a Disney Park together. So will post when they reply.
Thanks. I would like to know this too. We are a party of 8, but for some rides my parents will need assistance to get my sister on/off (if she has to transfer), so my husband and I will have to assist. My parents will obviously want to ride with her and I can't leave my kids out while only the adults ride, so if they can only allow 6, I'm not sure where that leaves us...

We are going in a few weeks. I always have had the GAC or DAS. I apologize if this has already been answered, but I do have a few questions with the new system. Does my DH and DD need to come with me now to GR to get it? Also, can I see the DAS return time given to me on the app? I tend to forget things easily so I hope so. Thanks!

Yes, you will all need to be present at Guest Relations to have your tickets or MagicBands scanned to connect to the DAS. DAS return times can be viewed on the MDE app, they cannot be modified via the app.

One more question- does DAS work on shows and/or parades with FP+? I have never tried this before. Did use on A and E meet and greet though.

DAS is available for any attraction with both standby and FP+ queues. Some shows have both and DAS works there. Parades have no standby, so the DAS does not work for parades. Yes, the DAS works for the A & E meet & greet, and some other character meet & greets in permanent locations with FP+.

Enjoy your vacation!

Last edited:
If the DAS is for you, no they do not need to accompany you to Guest Relations to request the DAS. If the DAS is for one of them, the person needing the DAS must be present. If you have more than 6 in your party, all will need to be present. If less than 6 you should be fine without everyone.

I believe with the electronic DAS all persons being put on the DAS need to be present when getting the DAS at GR. Their tickets/magicbands will be scanned into the system. If people join you later in your trip you will have to return to GR with them to have their tickets/magicbands scanned into the system. This way the CM at the attractions can see their name and assign them to the return time with the DAS holder. Guests can only be assigned a ride time on one DAS at a time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!