• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

WDW Commando Club

Are you going for the 4lb Maine lobster or the Australian lobster tail:confused3

The 4 Lb lobster.

I'm going for steak, but I have a question about the super large steak. . . is it impossible for like, really hungry men? I mean they don't have to be professional eaters to take it right? Also, what's the "prize" for successfully eating it all?:confused3

They do have a 12 ounce filet. I'll order that for youngest dd and eat 1/4 of it. Funny, as a child, I was only allowed to order hamburger and then as I got older, the most expensive cut I could order was sirloin. Now, my 8 year gets filet mignon. :faint:

They do have a 12 ounce filet. I'll order that for youngest dd and eat 1/4 of it. Funny, as a child, I was only allowed to order hamburger and then as I got older, the most expensive cut I could order was sirloin. Now, my 8 year gets filet mignon. :faint:

That's how it goes

The 4 Lb lobster.

That's going to be one expensive dinner:scared:, are you sharing the lobster with your wife, or are you going to tackle it on your own, I'm curious on how much the lobster would cost, (it's gotta be around $100) :confused3

What! no postings on this thread for 3 days? I'll have to break that one with a question.

So I'm trying to do this touring plan for the friends...and my two "go to" apps are Undercovertourist free app, and touringplans.com (paid subscription) and in the world I use the Disney official app for lines.
So for those "techie" commandos which apps are you using & why?

That's going to be one expensive dinner:scared:, are you sharing the lobster with your wife, or are you going to tackle it on your own, I'm curious on how much the lobster would cost, (it's gotta be around $100) :confused3

My original plan was to knock that out by myself. However, we booked for Easter Sunday, which is a blackout date on TiW. Somehow, I could justify the $80 for the lobster but not sure if I can for the $100.

Ok I learned something new today:confused3 The Beach Boys video for Kokomo
was filmed on the beach at The Grand Floridian just before it opened up

What! no postings on this thread for 3 days? I'll have to break that one with a question.

So I'm trying to do this touring plan for the friends...and my two "go to" apps are Undercovertourist free app, and touringplans.com (paid subscription) and in the world I use the Disney official app for lines.
So for those "techie" commandos which apps are you using & why?

I am like you, I use those same two for making my plans. I don't typically use on in the parks. I just have not needed to.

Ok I learned something new today:confused3 The Beach Boys video for Kokomo
was filmed on the beach at The Grand Floridian just before it opened up

WOW, cool new fact. I have a question if anyone has every watched the show "Full House". . . I know in the show when they had the beach boys on, Uncle Jesse (John Stamos) and he played the drums, but am I imagining that in the real Kokomo vid he was in it as well?

That's a neat fact! I'll have to look for it on you tube now...

That's exactly what I'm going to do:thumbsup2

WOW, cool new fact. I have a question if anyone has every watched the show "Full House". . . I know in the show when they had the beach boys on, Uncle Jesse (John Stamos) and he played the drums, but am I imagining that in the real Kokomo vid he was in it as well?

That is John Stamos in the video, he often tours with them playing drums, the Beach Boys were also the 1st guests to stay at The Grand Floridian::yes::

Wow it looks like I'll be a Shula's regular:confused3, Just found out that the one in Richmond VA is only about 14miles out of the way when we are heading to Busch Gardens Williamsburg And they have a coupon on Restaurants.com:thumbsup2

Wow it looks like I'll be a Shula's regular:confused3, Just found out that the one in Richmond VA is only about 14miles out of the way when we are heading to Busch Gardens Williamsburg And they have a coupon on Restaurants.com:thumbsup2

Can you say awesome:cool1: Congrats for you!!!

So glad that I found this thread! I am a self-admitted commando and love to plan everything!! I think that I sometimes I kind of scare people though because I start to talk fast and get excited and and my excitement just kind of bubbles over! Anyway, I have planned quite a few Disney trips for others including our own. Can't wait to keep reading all of the responses thus far!! :happytv: I have finally found my own people!! ::yes::

So glad that I found this thread! I am a self-admitted commando and love to plan everything!! I think that I sometimes I kind of scare people though because I start to talk fast and get excited and and my excitement just kind of bubbles over! Anyway, I have planned quite a few Disney trips for others including our own. Can't wait to keep reading all of the responses thus far!! :happytv: I have finally found my own people!! ::yes::

:welcome: You are member #225:cool1:I can relate to sometimes scaring people when someone starts to talk about a Disney trip and getting excited, but after they talk to a few people they usually come around and really want to hear what you have to say, it might be more then they can handle, but then again not everyone is a Commando:confused3:thumbsup2:lmao:

After searching Restaurants.com I found many great places to eat in the Orlando Area. Since I'm going to have a few days next trip that we visit other places I think I might give at least one of them a try, these are my choices maybe someone has been to one of these:confused3

My leading choice right now is
- A Land Remembered (A Legendary Orlando Steakhouse), they have Chateaubriand at $125 (haven't seen that on a menu in a long time)

My 2 runner's up are
- Everglades Restaurant at Rosen Centre Hotel
- BB Kings Restaurant & Blues Club

- BB Kings Restaurant & Blues Club

I HIGHLY recommend BB Kings, the friend pickles (I know, sounds weird very awesome!!!) the salads, the pastas EVERYTHING there is great:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 BB King is actually involved in these restaurants, they typically have a lot of musical history and live bands as well. Highly recommend!

I HIGHLY recommend BB Kings, the friend pickles (I know, sounds weird very awesome!!!) the salads, the pastas EVERYTHING there is great:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 BB King is actually involved in these restaurants, they typically have a lot of musical history and live bands as well. Highly recommend!

Fried pickles don't sound weird at all, my wife loves them, we found a great BBQ place by us she always gets the pickles, a onion loaf & mango pork chops, I go for the rack of St Louis ribs:thumbsup2

Do they serve the pickles in wedges or chips:confused3

Fried pickles don't sound weird at all, my wife loves them, we found a great BBQ place by us she always gets the pickles, a onion loaf & mango pork chops, I go for the rack of St Louis ribs:thumbsup2

Do they serve the pickles in wedges or chips:confused3

They are chips. My fave besides the pickles are the catfish nuggets and friend green tomatoes. Yes they have regular catfish and ribs as well, but the nuggets are so tender, umm umm good:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter