WDW Commando Club

Hi everyone! We've been back for a week now but I was too depressed that our trip was over and we don't have one scheduled for next year so I didn't want to be on the boards besides to check my final points on the live dining thread. Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to all and a special thanks to Ron for your help with MVMCP!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi Commandos!!! I hadn't been on in a very long time since I wasn't sure when I was gonna be able to go back to WDW again and it made me sad to be on the boards, but I now I know I am going in March!!! Woo hoo! I get to add a countdown to my signature again!!

Sorry jmm476... Been there, done that. I was feeling your pain. Hope you can start planning soon for your next trip! :wizard:

Merry Christmas Hope Santa Goofy is good to everyone this year, I will say I'm completely jealous of anyone who is at WDW now::yes::

Hi everyone! We've been back for a week now but I was too depressed that our trip was over and we don't have one scheduled for next year so I didn't want to be on the boards besides to check my final points on the live dining thread. Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to all and a special thanks to Ron for your help with MVMCP!

Sounds like you had a great trip, can't wait to hear the details:cool1:

Hi Commandos!!! I hadn't been on in a very long time since I wasn't sure when I was gonna be able to go back to WDW again and it made me sad to be on the boards, but I now I know I am going in March!!! Woo hoo! I get to add a countdown to my signature again!!

Sorry jmm476... Been there, done that. I was feeling your pain. Hope you can start planning soon for your next trip! :wizard:

Congratulations on your upcoming trip That's AWESOME:thumbsup2

Merry Christmas all.

Looks like our BWV trip is still a go for Spring Break/ Easter week. We are only planning on parks two days (Epcot & DHS) and I'll need to fine tune those Commando plans over the next three months.

I wish everyone a happy holidays and good vacation planning.

Merry Christmas all.

Looks like our BWV trip is still a go for Spring Break/ Easter week. We are only planning on parks two days (Epcot & DHS) and I'll need to fine tune those Commando plans over the next three months.

Congrats Norm:thumbsup2, are you still going on the other trip:confused3

Yes Merry Christmas & a prosperous New Year to everyone, and don't be scared of the disboards, it just a bunch of Disney freaks in the lonely world of the internet that understand the WDW obsession. pixiedust:

You are right and we all need others who understand the magic that is Disney!!! By the way I watched the Disney parade this morning:wizard:

Congrats on the WDW trip enjoy!!!

Aww, I am glad you were able to enjoy a trip this year. Sorry no plans for next year but it ain't over til it's over! Plus Disney will always be there. :goodvibes

Merry Christmas Hope Santa Goofy is good to everyone this year, I will say I'm completely jealous of anyone who is at WDW now::yes::

Ditto and same to you!!!

Merry Christmas all.

Enjoy the trip!!!

I pray you all had a wonderful Christmas!! Keep the joy of the season and the love of Christ in your hearts each day!! :santa:

Nice! That'll give them time to hopefully make a new place for it in Africa and also time for us to see it next month! ;)

Wow your trip is sneaking up quick now, I remember when it was so far away it was only a gleam in your eye:goodvibes, Now I guess the big question is from when you started planning to now, with all the new things that have been added to WDW in the last few months , how much has your plan changed:confused3

I thought it was just being re-located somewhere else within the park.

The original rumor a few months back was they were doing away with the show all together, but since then and during my Nov trip I did notice a big push on FOLK by CM's in AK including the bus drivers when you got dropped off, It would make sense for them to keep the show, especially now with the extra awareness of it, I haven't heard of them moving location, but they are up to something since they have now extended a extra 9 months:confused3

Just wondering if anyone who has gone to WDW in the last few months is collecting the Sorcerers of The MK Game Cards:confused3, and if you have any doubles if you would be willing to trade them:confused3,

Since a lot of Commando members are also DisDad members (including myself) what I was thinking was having the 2 clubs Team up to trade cards, I know there is a tread that does trading, but I for one don't know who I'm trading with, With this we are familiar with some of the posters and would be more comfortable with completing a trade:confused3

Alrighty my Commandos, how about a little pre-trip planning?
Now I know you all are going to think me a little crazy ya know, with me being a unemployed about to be FT student and all :rotfl2: However, I was looking over the plans that hunny and I had for our (prayerfully) 2013 Nov trip and I looked at the Platinum dining plan. I could add a night to our 8-night trip and do 3 nights at AK Villas value studio for $300 and then a 3-night AK villa 1 bedroom with a room discount and THEN 3-nights at BLT with a lake view some-kind-of-room I can afford, lol. I will purchase tickets (since I have to) for the Platinum plan and upgrade them to the PAP's. Now I lose the $65 discount per PAP I could have gotten by purchasing through UT, but I save a whoooooooole lot on the excursions we had wanted to do. For the price I was going to pay for 1 of us (him) to do the RP Exotic drive, parasailing for us both and the upcharge for switching to BLT, I now get La Nouba, a few tours, a few more water activites AND free deluxe-style dining that includes V&A's!:cool1:

So this is what the plan looks like so far:

Friday Day 1: Arrival (AKL) Platinum
 Arrival via ME
 Upgrade tickets to PAP and check-in
 Lunch @ Fulton’s ($25pp)
 Sightseeing around DTD/Shopping
 5:30p.m. La Nouba
 Illuminations Cruise
 9:30p.m. Dinner @ Marrakesh ($40pp)
 Snacks: Goofy’s, Ghiradelli’s
Saturday Day 2: Platinum
 8:05a.m. Breakfast @ Crystal Palace ($23pp)
 MK touring
 Parasailing
 Noon Epcot Aqua Seas Tour
 5:30p.m. V&A’s
 (*Optional: EMH/Disney Quest/Splitsville)
 Snacks: Aloha Isle, Boulangeri
Sunday Day 3: Platinum
 7:30a.m. Breakfast @ Boma ($31pp)
 9 a.m. Church @ Main Gate COC
 10:15a.m. RP Experience
 1:30p.m. Lunch @ Teppan Edo ($40pp)
 Behind the Seeds
 Spa
 Horseback riding/Biking/Water Excursion
 8:45p.m. Dinner @ Cali. Grill ($60pp)
 Snacks: Boulangeri, Karamel Kuche
Monday Day 4: Platinum
 8:15a.m. Backstage Magic Tour (Includes Lunch @ Whispering Canyon)
 4:45p.m. Dinner @ Mama Melrose ($40pp)
 6:30p.m. Fantasmic! Priority Seating
 11p.m. In-Room Service Breakfast
 Snacks: Cupcakes, Beignets

Now I figure a taxi to V&A's, we already have to get a taxi for church and I can bring our clothes to change for Cali Grill later. I have pretty much a hour planned (at least) in between each activity. The times I did put down, are the times I want to arrive (for example the excursion Saturday starts at 12:30 but I plan to get there by noon). Soooo what say you all? Thanks guys!!!

Alrighty my Commandos, how about a little pre-trip planning?
Now I know you all are going to think me a little crazy ya know,

So this is what the plan looks like so far:

Friday Day 1: Arrival (AKL) Platinum
 Arrival via ME
 Upgrade tickets to PAP and check-in
 Lunch @ Fulton’s ($25pp)
 Sightseeing around DTD/Shopping
 5:30p.m. La Nouba
 Illuminations Cruise
 9:30p.m. Dinner @ Marrakesh ($40pp)
 Snacks: Goofy’s, Ghiradelli’s
Saturday Day 2: Platinum
 8:05a.m. Breakfast @ Crystal Palace ($23pp)
 MK touring
 Parasailing
 Noon Epcot Aqua Seas Tour
 5:30p.m. V&A’s
 Snacks: Aloha Isle, Boulangeri
Sunday Day 3: Platinum
 7:30a.m. Breakfast @ Boma ($31pp)
 9 a.m. Church @ Main Gate COC
 10:15a.m. RP Experience
 1:30p.m. Lunch @ Teppan Edo ($40pp)
 Behind the Seeds
 Spa
 Horseback riding/Biking/Water Excursion
 8:45p.m. Dinner @ Cali. Grill ($60pp)
 Snacks: Boulangeri, Karamel Kuche
Monday Day 4: Platinum
 8:15a.m. Backstage Magic Tour (Includes Lunch @ Whispering Canyon)
 4:45p.m. Dinner @ Mama Melrose ($40pp)
 6:30p.m. Fantasmic! Priority Seating
 11p.m. In-Room Service Breakfast
 Snacks: Cupcakes, Beignets
!!!

What a mega touring plan! It sure does sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of $. I really want to try V&As. Maybe one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter