WDW Annual Pass increases

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by gary403, Feb 23, 2014.

1. gary403

gary403 "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing

Current Annual Pass Prices (shown without tax) :
    Updated February 23, 2014Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of this special offer February 6 through April 30, 2014.
    Annual Pass = $634.00
    Premium Annual Pass = $754.00

Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass: For a limited time, Disney Vacation Club Members can pay just $484, saving $270 off the regular price on their Premium Annual Pass.
    Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of this special offer February 6 through April 30, 2014.

2. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

well it could effect how often DVC members go to WDW. Higher prices mean less times to disney on a year. Maybe instead of annual passes people will just go once or twice a year and get a regular park hopper or magic your way ticket instead of the annual pass. Just a thought.

3. gary403

gary403 "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing

Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass: For a limited time, Disney Vacation Club Members can pay just $484
    Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of this special offer February 6 through April 30, 2014.

4. WIDisneyFan

WIDisneyFan DIS Veteran

Any price change or discount is done for a reason, not just because they can.

And yes there is a current offer for DVC members, and as a DVC member it is an offer my family will take advantage of. Disney did a similar offer last year for DVC members, one that did not work for my family. The fact Disney has developed another offer for DVC members tells me the "loss" on the ticket sales was more than made up for by added spending in the parks and elsewhere that could be tied directly to the promotion.

Remember Disney is looking at the total picture not just the ticket price. Their goal, as with any company, is to maximize profits. Sometimes the best way to do that is to lower the price for a target group. DVC members are some of the most loyal fans to Disney, but in my experience this does not mean they are the ones that spend every waking minute in the park. We as a family tend to spend more time with the resort amenities as DVC members than we did when we were just on vacation. A promotion like the one currently being offered will result in my family spending more time in the parks (theme and water) and may even result in us adding a second trip yet this year.