WDIG Press Release

Discussion in 'Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Museum' started by PopStar, Apr 20, 2008.

1. PopStar

PopStar <font color=green>I don't want milk</font><br><fon

I found this very interesting...

Check out the last paragraph....and then the date....they must have known for a while know that they were going to close VMK. And didn't someone say the old Yavn left in September? Well this means they knew they were going to close while he was still with VMK....Unless this was the time that they didn't have a Yavn at all...

I also found this, but it doesn't have a date so I don't know how long ago this was posted...

Just something I thought I should share with all of you. :flower3:
    I don't know if you have this as well, but found it on the site:

And if you want, I can get you Executive Bios about each person above and their pics... :thumbsup2

I have some more info, but my post is starting to get a little long, LOL.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PopStar

4. cteddiesgirl

cteddiesgirl <font color=deeppink>Not invisible to the Tag Fair

I've noticed for a while that they stopped mentioning VMK. As I've said before, it's as if someone or someones have wanted it to die for a long time.

They stopped really promoting it a long time ago. :sad2:

5. vmkfan13

vmkfan13 DIS Veteran

I don't get it, they think VMK will just die? As we saw already, another vmk "spin off" has already been created, now a game like VMK can't just lose all it's "legacy".

6. PopStar

I can just see that sometime in the future, a vmk "spin-off", as you said, would get super popular...and if it was a Pay to Play, Disney would buy it off, just like Club Pengion...how ironic? :lmao:

7. poohluv2u

poohluv2u DIS Veteran

I guess you can count me among those 2.5 million people who made a fairy at disney online ... but what has that to do with anything. It was just a one time thing, I never went back to it, and certainly wouldn't consider it a game. If Disney is thinking that all of those millions of people will now sign up to pay to play it, they are in for a rude awakening!

8. ElectricLime

ElectricLime As seen on VMK

I have tried three times over the past couple of years to get a web developer job with WDIG.

The first time, they told me "we really like you, but we'd like you to take an online test first to prove how well you know JavaScript." So I took the test. "You scored much better than any of the other applicants," they told me, "but sorry, there's a hiring freeze now, we can't hire you."

The second time, they told me "we really like you, but we want you to fill out a questionnaire first to prove how well you know web development." So I filled out the questionnaire - it was so technical that it was like taking a college exam, and it took me a few hours to get through it. As soon as I submitted it I got a reply saying "sorry, that position is on hold."

The third time, they told me "we really like you, but we want you to take an online test first to show how much you know about accessibility." So I took the test, which was oddly focused on court cases where people sued companies because their web sites weren't easily usable by the blind. "You scored much better than any of the other applicants," they told me, "but we've decided not to ask you in for an interview, because we feel you don't know enough about web development."

It was at this time that I gave up.

Since then, every few months, I keep getting recruiters calling me about open job opportunities doing web development with WDIG. I know better than to apply.

9. VMK_Mouse

VMK_Mouse DIS Veteran

As much as I hate to say it, I feel like at this point that VMK will be closed and there is no way to save this game. :(

10. PopStar

Wow! It seems you'd be great for the job! I hope you don't give up though, things happen, especially with a large business like Disney. Good Luck! :goodvibes

11. gshawen

gshawen DIS Veteran

They can close VMK if they want, but I refuse to become a Fairy.

12. cdog12

cdog12 Mouseketeer

yo if they want you do itr! even if they change their mind they did the same thing with yavn now look at him

13. Mintz

Mintz And the academy awards goes to..

Maybe if they mentioned VMK in that article, people who didn't know about it would know that it existed. A little more advertising and marketing and people would sign up. Not just on cereal boxes and stuff but you know the bigger picture. Then maybe it would be as big as some other games are.
    Hopefully if it gets saved then they should find better ways to attract people to the site.

14. Imagineer_Tech

Imagineer_Tech Always And Forever ~ illusionistic

Yavn is a game designer for Disney. He wasn't put through that. He was in game design not Internet like what WDIG is.

15. Tampa

Tampa I don't look like this in VMK.

Wow. I can't wait to never play an online disney game again. :thumbsup2

16. anya.sparrow

anya.sparrow No longer earning my VMK stuff :(,

:rotfl: :rotfl:

17. monsterkitty

monsterkitty DIS Veteran

Careful now, you don't want to upset the Tag Fairy!

18. cteddiesgirl

cteddiesgirl <font color=deeppink>Not invisible to the Tag Fair

They have ways of promoting games when they want to. I just seen an add for Toontown on TV yesterday morning.

19. Chedstro

Chedstro DIS Veteran

Their posting a "Toot Our Own Horn" about the silly Fairies game is such a slap in the face to those of us who just went in to create a Fairy to see what it was like! :confused3

I am not planning on going back - no fun in just hanging in your room with no contact with other players!

Wonder if they will report a "drop out Fairy" rate - I doubt it. Arg!

20. JulyGirl

JulyGirl DIS Veteran

VMK as we know it will be gone. Our only hope is that Disney hears our protests and decides to create another VMK-like game. Right now, there is no other game Disney is offering that has the VMK experience. We have shown that there is a market for it.

21. BlueSneakerGal

BlueSneakerGal Life Wizard

Yeah, count me as one of those who created a fairy and said no thanks.