WDA
Zootopia
Big Hero 6
Frozen
Wreck It Ralph
Pooh
Tangled
Princess and the Frog

All subjective, but IMO: I'd say Pixar had two great movies (TS3 and Inside Out), two good movies (Monsters U and Brave), and then two that I will never watch again.

WDA had two great movies (Tangled, Frozen*), three really good movies (Zootopia, Hero, Princess and the Frog), and a very good movie (Ralph...yes, in my scale "really good" is better than "very good"). Didn't see Pooh but it gets 90 percent on Rotten Tomatoes.

Plus, note that one studio put out three sequels.

*BTW, I don't know how others feel, but I actually like Tangled better than Frozen, by a comfortable margin.

I agree. Disney Animation is at the top of their game right now, but it's probably because when Disney bought Pixar, John Lasseter was put in charge of all animation. No doubt we have him to thank for the current resurgence.

Walt Disney Animation has also put out some powerhouses, no doubt. But, with great movies in the pike - including "Finding Dory," another "Toy Story" installment, and "The Incredibles 2" - I'm not counting Pixar out just yet! ;-)

Walt Disney Animation has also put out some powerhouses, no doubt. But, with great movies in the pike - including "Finding Dory," another "Toy Story" installment, and "The Incredibles 2" - I'm not counting Pixar out just yet! ;-)

Oh, certainly agreed. I just didn't think we'd see a time so soon where WDA passed Pixar, at least temporarily. BTW, note that those Pixar movies you mention are all sequels.

Oh, certainly agreed. I just didn't think we'd see a time so soon where WDA passed Pixar, at least temporarily. BTW, note that those Pixar movies you mention are all sequels.
You are correct - they're all sequels. The only other Pixar movie that I read about that I don't believe is a sequel is "Coco" coming out in 2017, I believe. We will have to wait and see how that movie will perform. With sequels, it's easier to predict if they'll be any good. Time will tell! All I know is that I'm anxiously awaiting some of these movies from both Pixar and WDA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter