WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

The problem was that they were only offering 7 night or more cruises, and most during the school year. If they had offered shorter cruises, and actually ADVERTISED to the passholder population in SoCal, they would have done much better.
Great idea! Why didn't they think of that? They do 3 & 4 night cruises in Florida, so they're not allergic to the idea.

It is a shame you miss the fireworks with them only being on at the weekends at this time of year. I believe it is because DL is so close to residential areas, unlike Disney World, so they cut the times.
Right, we can hear the fireworks from home very easily, although we've tuned it out for the most part. Fortunately we're not downwind from DL or the smoke might be a problem.

It's Official! Panama Canal Cruise "Disney TIE Contest" :love:

Just strut Your Disney TIE anytime during the 14 day cruise, for a chance to WIN 1 of 8 prizes!

It's Easy! No cost! All done in Fun! So PACK THOSE AWESOME TIES! Get caught by the judges and be a WINNER!

all ready to pack the ties! this sound like so much fun... "i was bounced" :dance3:

Room numbers have to be coming soon! Otherwise my door will be full of updates for the FE ;)

As soon as all the FE participants get their assignments please PM or email me. If you email me please include your Disname.

We're from Mountaineer country... Morgantown, WV. James' parents and my dad are from Thailand though. I actually remembered to try on my dresses for formal night tonight and they fit. I had them custom made in Thailand before our WBTA in 2011. They actually fit better now than before so I'm super excited because I remember having a hard time zipping it up over my hips on the cruise. :goodvibes

I'm not sure if you've seen some of the postings. My husband has had 2 strokes in the past week. The second stroke weakened his right side, We are in the process of canceling the cruise. We do have one item that is dated. I'll be giving them to Tracey Morris for distribution. They will cover one for each room listed on Groups 1 and 2.

My apologies, we were so looking forward to the trip. All of our FE's were completed!

Anne

I'm not sure if you've seen some of the postings. My husband has had 2 strokes in the past week. The second stroke weakened his right side, We are in the process of canceling the cruise. We do have one item that is dated. I'll be giving them to Tracey Morris for distribution. They will cover one for each room listed on Groups 1 and 2.

My apologies, we were so looking forward to the trip. All of our FE's were completed!

Anne

I hope all we be well with you and your family. I am sorry you will be missing the cruise but you have way more important things to do now. I hope DCL is not giving you a hard time. Take care. Please let us know your husbands progress. My thoughts are with you.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Anne

:grouphug::hug:

Robin & Angel "D" 23rd Anniversary. :thumbsup2

There's a "Dining and Occasions" document out in the FaceBook Group - here's the names of those who have indicated they're celebrating something special (omitting real-life names for privacy's sake) :

WestCoastNovaks - (13th anniv.)
Lexa - (10th anniv.)
Diznyfan68 (Family Reunion)
Meghatron - (3rd Anniversary)
Meghatron's DMIL & DFIL (40th Anniversary),
Meghatron's DBIL & DSIL (10th Anniversary)
Mom323's (DH's birthday - May 15th)
Roseburghughes - (35th Anniversary)

Alexis Green- (5th Anniversary)
Politzania & vz9p57 (20th anniversary on May 15)
Jackson's grammie (birthday May 19th)
*tinker*bell* (Honeymoon)
Amy7979 - (4th wedding anniversary 5/16)
annichan - (5th wedding anniversary on May 29, we're a tad early)
Jessica_of_FL - DH's 30th birthday cruise
Chaopolis & Tifa (Honeymoon)
Bfretchel- (40th anniversary a little late)

Anne

I am so sorry to hear of a second stroke! I will continue to keep you & Richard in my thoughts and well wishes! Please keep us updated, if you have a chance. Sorry not to meet you this time, hope to meet you on another cruise in the future!

Anne

I'm really sorry to hear of your husband's second stroke. All best wishes and prayers to you both.

Anne

Anne I'm so sorry to hear he had a 2nd stroke. We'll keep your family in our prayers. Sorry to also hear you will not be joining us on the cruise. Thanks for letting me know about the FE's. Hope he has a speedy recovery.:hug:

Quick question. Do we have to phone DCL to book transfers from the Port in LA to DL or do we get our Dreams Unlimited TA to do it? Sometimes things have to be done through the TA but not sure if this is one of them. I can't remember what we did last time we had transfers but i think we asked our TA.

I can find nothing on DCL website about it at all. All that comes up are transfers from the airport to ship or vice versa or about booking transfers when booking your cruise. Useless:confused3.

Your TA will do it for you. Just send them an email.

You should be able to get your transfers on the ship. Last two cruises I have been on that ended in L.A. that was a option. Just go to guest services.

Prayers & hugs for you & your family :grouphug:

Robin & Angel "D". :grouphug:

Anne

Anne

:hug:So sorry to hear of your husband's second stroke. One was more than bad enough. Hope his recovery goes well and you can cruise together next year!

You should be able to get your transfers on the ship. Last two cruises I have been on that need in L.A. that was a option. Just go to guest services.

I thought I had read that on the Navigator's but also I thought I recently saw they needed to be booked 2weeks before the cruise begins. I am thinking now that those transfers were the airport to port ones. Ah well, out TA is on to it for us now so it should be all set very soon. Thanks Alan.

When to Santa Barbara today for lunch. As we sat down to lunch at 1:30 the fog rolled in. very common this time of year.

Our first and only trip down from San Francisco to LA(late September 1996 or '97 I think) we set off in bright sunshine from SF and enjoyed the journey until we reached Carmel and then the fog rolled in. All the way down we never saw the wonderful views. Once it did go the weather wasn't too good due to the remnants of a hurricane which was a surprise, so kind of dull with rough seas. The surfers loved it though.

Ever since we have been meaning to do it all again and hope to see the views but so far we haven't managed it and I doubt we will now as this is probably our last trip to the West Coast USA.

So I just wanted to throw this out to everyone. If today was any indication of how things are going to go in the world of U.S. air travel, pack a lot of patience. Here at LAX we experienced an average of 3 hour delays and a lot of cancelations. I witnessed quite a few melt downs tonight. Please remember, it is not the airlines fault. Please do not take it out on the people at the airport. Contact your congress people. It is my hope that things will improve over the next two weeks before our great voyage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!