1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by Mom323, Jan 23, 2013.

1. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

Never had that. I always have use Knotts Boysenberry.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GoinPlaces63

GoinPlaces63 Mouseketeer

If you ever come across pepper jelly do give it a try... It's quite good!

4. MrsMork

MrsMork Proud Old Geezer

Same for us...the very reasons we LOVE DCL. :thumbsup2

There is no "leaders" of the meet and greet. We just all gather at Promenade Lounge at three and try to put some names with faces. There is sometimes some "business" taken care of, such as updating room numbers for the FE list or handing out lanyards if someone in the group is providing those, etc. DCL is not notified, but they read these boards and are well aware that it is common on most cruises for DIS members to gather here. I'ver never been to a DIS meet and greet where gifts, cookies and coffee were provided. Might be fun though! :scratchin We usually get our first yummy drink of the cruise at the bar there at the Promenade lounge, get hugs from those we already know and make new friends. :grouphug:

5. DebbieOBX

DebbieOBX Mouseketeer

Thanks so much. :goodvibes

6. KarinD

KarinD Earning My Ears

We got our cruise docs too! Yeah, I'm always a little underwhelmed, this nice big notebook thing comes, and the cover is all pretty, and the luggage tags are right there!... but then the entire rest of the notebook is boring. I already know all that stuff.

Still working on all our details, and I have to ask- anybody have a brilliant solution for traveling with a kid who needs a car seat? We're going in circles- do we bring our own? (Airline damage! Storing it on the boat? Plus it's gigantic!) rent one with our rental car- but we're not getting a car in Miami- will we need one for a shuttle? (If its a bus no, if its a van maybe!) obviously we want baby to be safe, but I try to be a minimal packer as much as possible and this is driving me crazy. It's my last big detail. Urgh!

7. KarinD

KarinD Earning My Ears

Aaaaaaaand this is just to get me to 10 posts. Thanks.

8. Namsupak

Namsupak DIS Veteran

We've never brought a carseat. We always just make sure if we rent a car to get one included or if we use private service to let them know we need one. Whenever we take the DCL bus we just don't use one.

9. BoosGram

BoosGram Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

How old is the baby? If we are taking the plane and buses, we use the CARES Child Aviation Restraint System on the plane. It works very well for a child approx. 1-3 yrs. We got ours on ebay, but you can also rent them. And it is very small and packable.

10. SchneiderFam

SchneiderFam Earning My Ears

So are we! Right off of Via Princessa. It will be nice to have a set of local buddies. :)

11. Jackson's grammie

Jackson's grammie DIS Veteran

We are off of Whites/Plum Canyon Rd. in the new KB homes.

12. Jackson's grammie

Jackson's grammie DIS Veteran

for a fast appetizer/snack try softened cream cheese in a dish with pepper jelly poured on top. put out the crackers and yum

13. roseburghughes

roseburghughes Mouseketeer

They had that at a snack cart at Costco. It was yummy :thumbsup2

14. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

Well the big day is here. Oh I am not talking about our cruise something more important than that. It's Dodger opening day. Thank goodness. I need my baseball. GO DODGERS!!!!!! Oh and to any butthead,,,, oh I mean Giants fans out there I don't want to hear from you. Could care less about what you have to say. To me it will go in one ear and right out the other. Well now that my hate is over, Happy Opening Day everyone.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

15. braysmommy

braysmommy DIS Veteran

We booked this cruise over a year ago so it always seemed pretty far off. Happy to be able to say we are cruising next month:cool1:

Hope everyone has a great week.....the snow is almost completely gone from our yard and I have started to uncover the flower beds from their long winter hibernation.

16. Politzania

Politzania Mouseketeer

Alexis Green - has a date/time been set for the Mixology class, or is it still either May 15 or 16, time TBD?

Am looking at scheduling a spa treatment on the 15th & don't want it to conflict.

Thanks!

PS: In 5 weeks - we're be in Ft. Lauderdale, having breakfast and waiting not-so-patiently for the shuttle to POM!

17. Lexa

Lexa DIS Veteran

Participants of Roaming Mickey

We are still all waiting for stateroom # assignment, but please do not forget to inform me when you get yours. Without number we can't play this. If you don't get your number before you travel, PLEASE come find me at DIS Meet on embarkation day at 3PM at Promenade Lounge.

Here are the DIS names of people who signed up. If by any chance you don't want to be part of it, let me know so I can find somebody else. We have 24 cabins which means magnet will need to travel 2 cabins a day.

Amy7979
    Clari
    Jackson's grammie
    *tinker*bell*
    Sharan56
    Politzania
    WestCoastNovaks
    annichan
    Lexa
    CruzOle
    vakamalua
    Brixton
    Alexis Green
    brysmommy
    ESFC
    Namsupak
    Florida Princess
    Robin "D"
    ravensilverlight
    Goofygranny
    hhh
    cruzisme

18. Brixton

Brixton From the world's best Eco-Village all the way to t

Mickey is going to see a lot during his roam around the ship::yes::

Are unlimited internet packages offered on the TA & PC cruises? I know service is less-than-stellar, but wonder if it's worth the $? On the other hand, I'd like my husband unattached to all of his iDevices :)

19. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

Nope no unlimited Internet.

20. GoinPlaces63

GoinPlaces63 Mouseketeer

How do you get them? On the Alaska cruise I didn't have a need to connect.... This time I do and don't know how to arrange it.

Thank you

21. cruzisme

cruzisme Earning My Ears

No cabin # yet but getting excited!
    Do they sell wine in Ft. L. Gas stations? No not stellar wine but we are not serious wine people!
    Thanks.