1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by Mom323, Jan 23, 2013.

1. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

Yes, my experiences echo what Meghatron is saying. Because there are far fewer kids the cove seems more crowded than usual. Same with the adult only shows at night. On Hawaii they did a lot of these in the Walt Disney Theater because Wavebands was just way to small. When people don't have to worry about the kids I guess they show up to these things.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

Well, when I traveled the last two times with my kids, I never went to the adult areas (except the Rainforest). Didn't eat in Palos, didn't go to the Cove pool or cafe. Just didn't want to spend time away from my kids (and a lot of the adult areas were crowded because the ship was crowded)

This cruise kids have to go to school, so taking my mother and cousin. It is more likely I'd want to go to the cove pool/cafe, and we're eating brunch at Palos. I will probably do a tasting or two and otherwise use the adult areas. I think a lot more adults cruising without kids will want to work out in the spa, take the classes, hang out in the public areas.

So there are 3 adults in our cabin, no kids. But I do think that these longer cruises have fewer than 1500 people, and our Christmas cruise was 2500+, sold out and maxed out on kids.

Nancy

4. cruzisme

cruzisme Earning My Ears

I wonder how full this sailing will be. This will be our second PC cruise. Looking forward to seeing it from our verandah but also from deck.
    Definitely going down lower deck to get a different look-see ie looking at the walls of the canal hopefully!

5. DVCTigger

DVCTigger DIS Veteran

Thank you! Really wish I was back at Kidani today, missing my birthday/Valentines trip and it was just over a week ago. Today has been busy taking care of a new knee! :goodvibes
    But I do get a chocolate chip banana bread "cake" for dessert tonight that my DS18 is making for me!!:thumbsup2 Loving that my boys can cook/bake!

6. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

I spend entirely too much of my time 'dummy booking' this cruise to try and figure out how full it is. In late Jan., there were several days when it said it was sold out or that only the $14,600 suites were available (either 1 or 6, it varied every day). Then a few more cabins became available, usually a Cat. 9A or 9D, or 11C. Then more. For the last two weeks, usually there is availability in all levels of 11, 10, 9, and a few 4A and even fewer 4Bs, plus the 6 suites. I figure there are more than 100 cabins left (most of the categories present 8 cabins when selecting, and 8 is the max that will show so there could be 8 cabins in a cat. remaining or 40; can't tell).

So it looks like we're going to be very top-heavy with much of deck 2 available.

Nancy

7. Beauty & the Best

Beauty & the Best Its all so magical!

LOL! Thanks I needed that :rotfl:

Yes, i'll be doing the CA coast B2B with the WBPC...
    Happy Birthday!

Peach[/QUOTE]

How nice! We've done a pacific coastal from Vancouver to San Diego on Celebrity and it was one of the best cruises we've done. So much fun to travel in California!

Thanks! I'm just going through one of those times where everything seems to be happening all at once - just trying to make sure I don't drop any of the things that I am juggling.

Exactly! We spent our whole "turnaround" day on a recent b2b Dream cruise in the adult pool. It was absolutely serene for about 3 hours and then more people started coming through, but still it was uncrowded. good times!

Agree with everyone else who said the adult areas tend to get more crowded on this type of cruise. But even so, they are not all THAT crowded.

8. Chaopolis

Chaopolis Earning My Ears

For those of you that have taken the Tasting classes: do they fill up quick? how much are they (nominal fee)? are they worth it?

9. Mom323

Mom323 Founding member of FOG

Check out the private mixology in the first post of this thread. :drinking1:

Tastings tend it fill up fast. The usually run about $15 per person. On the longer cruises they may offer more of them. They are a lot of fun. :cool1:

10. jlmarr

jlmarr See you at Fenton's

That's what I've heard. On the Promenade Deck (3) you'll be able to face the concrete wall of the lock (kind of like the start/finish of the submarines at Disneyland) and then experience the ship rising as the lock is flooded. Looking forward to our first PC cruise.

11. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

There is a great YouTube video of the Magic going through. Just search Disney Magic Panama Canal. It's close to ten min long. It's a good representation of what to expect.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12. Chaopolis

I also keep hearing about a day pass to the rainforest room at the Spa, and a pass that's good for the whole length of the trip. Does anyone know more about this? If they're offering it and/or how much it is?

13. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

Ok this one I can't help with. In 11 cruises I have never stepped foot in the spa and I never plan on it. Sorry. Wish I could help.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

14. Jasmine123

Jasmine123 Earning My Ears

Thanks Nancy! I booked the brunch and will do what you advise.

Thanks LindaBabe!

15. Chaopolis

Haha. No worries. :)

16. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

I tried to help with when they are doing Mickey's Island Jam. It's in really bad code for the dates.

17. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

Thanks. The spa is not my thing. I can find plenty of free relaxing options on the ship.

18. Beauty & the Best

Beauty & the Best Its all so magical!

Pretty sure you can book the full cruise pass online in your reservation area. I do know that the one-day pass is not typically offered onboard though, and you have to call Disney to add it to your reservation.

I did this and it wasn't difficult. Can't remember how much it was....I did the one day pass on our Dream cruise....I think it was $15-$20, but not 100% sure. I found it was a bit crowded (sometimes tough to get a heated lounger) but that's just one person's experience.

I researched it a bit before doing it - if you do a search on the main DCL forum on here, you will find LOTS of info on the rainforest room and passes.

19. Namsupak

Namsupak DIS Veteran

On our WBTA on the magic I thought that it was in the realm of $150 for the whole cruise. Basically we worked it out to be around $10 per day for the longest rainforest pass. This is for an individual, not sure what the couples price was.

20. sharan56

sharan56 Mouseketeer

Ok... I have a question about bring alcohol on board. Can anyone tell me what the guidelines are or where I can find them?

21. Diznyfan68

Diznyfan68 <font color=magenta>mmmmmm there's peanut butter i

You can bring alcohol on in your carry on bags only. No limit beyond what you can carry.