WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

We were on a NYC/Canada cruise in September with the Roaming Gnome! Cute idea; here's a picture:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2696522&highlight=champagne+girls+on+magic&page=50

At the same time?!? Quite a fashion statement!

They were handsome in their tuxes and handsome in their shirts, so,they would be doubly handsome if they wore both at the same time. :rotfl2:

DH and Granmaz's DH showed up for dinner on the fiesta night each wearing the same shirt. We had a good laugh.

This is such a great idea.....specially now when I saw the picture I have better idea! If I volunteer, would some of you be interested?

Since I have never done this before.....how big was the magnet and did people signed up ahead of time or it was just random?

Lexa, the whole Roaming Gnome sheet was 8 & 1/2 X 11. I believe it was a sheet of magnet paper.

The creator kept a list of players and their room numbers which she passed out at the first day DIS meet. The list was attached & traveled with it (I think maybe with a pen or marker to sign with). When the gnome appeared on your door, you crossed off your name and put it on the door of anyone who hadn't had it yet. There were instructions on the list that the Creator was the last one to get it when all the other names were crossed off or (I think) by 3:00 pm on the last day of the cruise.The creator got to keep it and posted a picture of it on the meet thread when she got home for anyone to download.

We would be interested in playing; it only took a minute but was fun. And we enjoy having the picture.

Lexa, the whole Roaming Gnome sheet was 8 & 1/2 X 11. I believe it was a sheet of magnet paper.

The creator kept a list of players and their room numbers which she passed out at the first day DIS meet. The list was attached & traveled with it (I think maybe with a pen or marker to sign with). When the gnome appeared on your door, you crossed off your name and put it on the door of anyone who hadn't had it yet. There were instructions on the list that the Creator was the last one to get it when all the other names were crossed off or (I think) by 3:00 pm on the last day of the cruise.The creator got to keep it and posted a picture of it on the meet thread when she got home for anyone to download.

We would be interested in playing; it only took a minute but was fun. And we enjoy having the picture.

Thank you for explanation. I did a little search myself here on DISboard and it looks like fun. I just think maybe colored pens will be better then sharpies which can scratch off easy from the magnet. I will put a design together, I just won't use pin images, but I think it will still look cool.

I am not able to get into the facebook group page. Please help.

I'm Debbie Furner, on fb, maybe i can be invited.

thanks debbie

I am not able to get into the facebook group page. Please help.

I'm Debbie Furner, on fb, maybe i can be invited.

thanks debbie

Debbie, you need to add Alicea Novak as your friend and she will invite you. Also she asks to send her a message here on DIS (WestCoastNovaks) or on Fb so she know you are member of this thread

On the other thread it was correctly pointed out I am partial to SWA. Duh I work for then so for me the price is right. Lol. Anyway if I were paying for a ticket, I would not fly Spirit even if they were significantly cheaper. 129 for my ticket. Probably 60-80 x2 checked bag fees, add in the 30 bucks for my carry on x2. Sorry charge me upfront when i buy my ticket, don't try and sell me a cheap fare and tack on all the extra fees. That really gets under my skin. Yes my fee numbers are off I am sure, just trying to illustrate my reasoning. Anyway rant over. Nice new thread. I am sad to say I will not be doing any of these activities. I just want to chill out and do a whole lot of nothing but eat and probably drink to much for two weeks and not have a care in the world. Well maybe the shots around the ship I would do if it did not involve tequila. Bad things happen if I drink that.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

DH and Granmaz's DH showed up for dinner on the fiesta night each wearing the same shirt. We had a good laugh.

I was only reminding John about that the other day. How funny. He will be taking his again - only worn it one other time, on the 2011 PC. It needs wearing. Plus the same Hawaiian shirt which has only been worn those two times too. They are neither his regular style here in the cold and rain.

annichan said:
pixiedust: Day-By-Day Calendar of Events pixiedust:

-----------------------------------------------

Please let me know when you have a group event in mind! Current suggestions:

* GAME NIGHT(S) - needs a date, time and place

-----------------------------------------------

Monday, May 6 (Embarkation Day)
* DISMEET GET TOGETHER - everyone is welcome! 3:00 p.m., Promenade Lounge (FE participants: Please remember to bring any stateroom changes to the FE leader at that time!)

Tuesday, May 7 (Castaway Cay)
All Ashore: 8:30 a.m. / All Aboard: 4:30 p.m.

Wednesday, May 8 (Day at Sea)
FORMAL NIGHT

Thursday, May 9 (Day at Sea)
* CHAMPAGNE GIRLS - Get your pink on! 3:00 p.m., Promenade Lounge (over 21 only)

Friday, May 10 (Cartagena)
All Ashore: 8:30 a.m. / All Aboard: 4:30 p.m.

Saturday, May 11 (Day at Sea)
* PJ BREAKFAST - Join us for Breakfast in your Disney PJ's! 8:30 a.m., meet in Atrium outside Triton's

Sunday, May 12 (Panama Canal Crossing)

Monday, May 13 (Day at Sea)
SEMI-FORMAL NIGHT

Tuesday, May 14 (Day at Sea)
* PIRATES IN THE CARIBBEAN DECK PARTY 9:45 p.m., Decks 9 and 10

Wednesday, May 15 (Day at Sea)

Thursday, May 16 (Day at Sea)

Friday, May 17 (Puerto Vallarta)
All Ashore: 7:45 a.m. / All Aboard: 3:30 p.m.

Saturday, May 18 (Cabo San Lucas)
All Ashore: 7:45 a.m. / All Aboard: 1:30 p.m.
FORMAL NIGHT

Sunday, May 19 (Day at Sea)

Monday, May 20 (Disembarkation)
HEADING TO DISNEYLAND? Just a thought by Annichan, maybe we could have a post-cruise meet there later in the day? We haven't really made any plans for the day yet, just throwing that in for discussion ...

This is great... Thank you to those who set up the new forum!

"Shots around the Ship" definitely sounds like something DH and I would enjoy!! :cool2:

(along with roleplaying, and meeting others while in our PJ's or sporting pink tiaras. Oh dear, there has to be something severely wrong with us! :rotfl2:)

We "Geezers and GIT's (Geezers in training)" had our "Hot Milk & Cookies" at Cove Cafe that night.

We don't stay up late enough to participate in the "Shots around the Ship".:laughing:

I was only reminding John about that the other day. How funny. He will be taking his again - only worn it one other time, on the 2011 PC. It needs wearing. Plus the same Hawaiian shirt which has only been worn those two times too. They are neither his regular style here in the cold and rain.

Rich has only worn his once as well.

This is such a great idea.....specially now when I saw the picture I have better idea! If I volunteer, would some of you be interested?

Since I have never done this before.....how big was the magnet and did people signed up ahead of time or it was just random?

love the idea

ROAMING MICKEY

What is Roaming Mickey? It's a big magnet with Roaming Mickey and Ports of call on it, with short instruction and plenty of room for you to sign it.

What I need to do? It's quite simple. We will start the Roam by placing the Roaming Mickey magnet on someone's door. With a magnet will be a list of participating staterooms and pens. You need to sign the magnet, cross over your stateroom # and put it on someone else's door who has not signed it yet. At the end of the cruise the last person will return it to the door of the room number printed on the magnet. If I get it back by the end of the cruise I'll take a picture and share it with you once we get home so you can see where Roaming Mickey was and print it out.

If you want to be a part of it please let me know by sending a message here on DIS (Lexa) or FB with your stateroom #. If you don't have # yet, please still send a message so I'll know how many rooms we have.

Can you please update this and ask that new requestors send me a PM or message on FB as well? This is so I know they aren't just some random person wanting to friend me on FB.

Thank you!

He's not on the DIS and doesn't have the time to keep up with a thread (as opposed to individual, targeted topic posts on FB). I will post his idea here and ask for PMs from interested people because school started yesterday and I might not be able to keep up with the thread, either. Feel free to add the description and PM request to the First Post.

GAME NIGHT(S)

Calling all geeks and gamers! We've got fourteen nights on this voyage. Who'd like to get some game on?

I'm thinking about a flash-mob style loosely organized gathering in Diversions to play some solid games. I'm a fan of "euro games" like Carcassone, Puerto Rico, Dominion, and so on. I'm not adverse to Cards Against Humanity, either.

If we want to get really geeky, we can throw together a one-shot roleplaying game.

Who's interested? PM Meghatron if you are! (Also no need to PM if you already responded on FB.)

ROAMING MICKEY

What is Roaming Mickey? It's a big magnet with Roaming Mickey and Ports of call on it, with short instruction and plenty of room for you to sign it.

What I need to do? It's quite simple. We will start the Roam by placing the Roaming Mickey magnet on someone's door. With a magnet will be a list of participating staterooms and pens. You need to sign the magnet, cross over your stateroom # and put it on someone else's door who has not signed it yet. At the end of the cruise the last person will return it to the door of the room number printed on the magnet. If I get it back by the end of the cruise I'll take a picture and share it with you once we get home so you can see where Roaming Mickey was and print it out.

If you want to be a part of it please let me know by sending a message here on DIS (Lexa) or FB with your stateroom #. If you don't have # yet, please still send a message so I'll know how many rooms we have.

I will update the first post! I love how everyone is getting excited about the cruise. Fun times ahead! :cheer2::cheer2:

Lexa said:
ROAMING MICKEY

Roaming Mickey sounds like fun. I belong to a group of Fleet Managers and we did that with a rubber ear of corn named "bob the Cob" that was advertising bio-diesel fuel. Bob traveled extensively for 6 month but was eventually kidnaped and held for ransom. The pictures of his travel were hilarious. Maybe we should take his picture as he travels from room to room.

Roaming Mickey sounds like fun. I belong to a group of Fleet Managers and we did that with a rubber ear of corn named "bob the Cob" that was advertising bio-diesel fuel. Bob traveled extensively for 6 month but was eventually kidnaped and held for ransom. The pictures of his travel were hilarious. Maybe we should take his picture as he travels from room to room.

This sounds like a good idea too :) If people will remember to take a picture :)

We had Bobby Banana.:banana::banana:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25682803&postcount=96

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter