Wave Phones

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ajgardner, Apr 23, 2013.

1. ajgardner

ajgardner Mouseketeer

How do most people carry around the wave phones? If I have pockets, I'm assuming it would fit...but many of my summer clothes don't have pockets (or if at the pool area). Also, I plan to give my 12 year old one and again, her clothes don't always have pockets.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 4everGoofy

4everGoofy Mouseketeer

You can buy holder/cases for them on Esty.

4. Ema10

Ema10 Earning My Ears

Do the wave phones have service on all decks of the ship?

5. "Cinder" Ella's Mom

"Cinder" Ella's Mom DIS Veteran

Yes!

6. RonningFamilyCrusin

RonningFamilyCrusin Earning My Ears

When I went last time I always carried a back pack for stuff like wave phone, wallet, watch, book, sunscreen, etc.

7. suffieldhockeymom

suffieldhockeymom DIS Veteran

This is what I put mine and my son's in with his KTTW card in

http://www.amazon.com/Dry-Pak-Pocket...ref=pd_sbs_a_3

You can talk and text right through it. I would write your name on it just in case it gets misplaced. It has a lanyard and clip to hang from your belt or another bag.

8. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

The problem with that is the wave phones don't ring. They vibrate. So, if it's not close to your body, you won't know someone is trying to contact you.

9. ajgardner

ajgardner Mouseketeer

I'm thinking I should just make sure to pack clothes with pockets!:)
    I like that dry pak pocket for my daughter... Thanks!

10. Beermam42

Beermam42 Grit and bear it

Link didnot work.

11. camara381

camara381 DIS Veteran

I have never been on a disney cruise what's a wavr phone?

12. brianvdb

brianvdb Mouseketeer

They are mobile phones that will be waiting for you when you get to your stateroom (there are 2 for normal rooms, 4 for suites). They only work on board the ship. Wave phones can call each other, and can call any stateroom. The kids clubs can call you on your wave phones. The wave phones also have text messaging capability. Basically its a way for folks to keep in to keep in touch with other members of their party as they move around the ship.

There is no charge to use them, but if you lose or damage one or forget to return it, you will be charged a few hundred bucks for the replacement.

13. cakiesmom

cakiesmom Earning My Ears

:cheer2:

Thanks for the information. I was looking on Etsy and found some holders. While I liked them and love to promote small businesses ( especially home based), I could not really see how it would work for my DS 9. The boys wear athletic type shorts which do not have hooks. I see the other ones as banging into everyone or just plain losing it. These dry pack kits can go around the neck and are hard to just lay down.

14. Jiminy'sGirl

Jiminy'sGirl DIS Veteran

I have a waterproof case for my iphone... WOuld the wave phone fit in there? The case is maybe an inch and half taller than my iphone.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

15. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

I got this from the FAQ sticky

Handset dimensions: 126 x 45 x 20 mm (5" long by slightly over 1.75" wide and 0.75" thick)

16. ConeFamily

ConeFamily Earning My Ears

I am going to try to make a case to hold them. Our cruise is not until Sept 2014. I am thinking of a skinny strap for the women and an option to tuck it in and still have a clip and just a clip for the men.

17. suffieldhockeymom

suffieldhockeymom DIS Veteran

18. baleeve

baleeve "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I

I got a book from the library today called Just Duct Tape It! by Patti Wallenfang and in the book it has really cute ideas of things you can make with duct tape.

Different size bags being one of them, She shows how to make purses, totes, clutches etc.

So I think what I may do is make my 10 year old a duct tape wave phone holder to go around his neck. :cool1:

I'm making our FE holder out of duct tape so maybe I'll use the same kind for the wave phone.

Just thought I would share. Duct tape is kind of inexpensive and if you aren't going to use the holder after the cruise then it may be a good idea.

I just found this after I posting my response

http://familycrafts.about.com/od/ducttapecrafts/ss/Duct-Tape-Cell-Phone-Case-Craft.htm

Hope this helps.

Happy cruising.