"Watts" going on

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by corky441, Aug 18, 2011.

1. corky441

corky441 I've got Venice in my soul

:confused: :headache:

Getting the miscellaneous ready for our Viva Italia trip next month.

I've checked all the gadget chargers:
    Camera battery charger
    Cancorder battery charger
    iPhone charger
    iPad charger
    laptop charger
    Kindle charger

all of the above have the following on the label:
    100v - 240v 50/60Hz

Am I correct in my thinking that all I need is a plug adapter and not also a converter to utilize these ???

I also have a small travel iron that has a switch on the base that changes it from 120 to 240. Again, only a plug adapter needed-no converter??

We won't be bringing an electric shaver, hair dryer, curling iron or flat iron so I don't have to worry about those appliances.

After looking at this list and knowing that both my husband and I will be charging stuff, I'm thinking I should get at least one more plug adapter ... thoughts?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tufbuf

tufbuf Disney Addict!

Yup all you need is a plug adapter. Make sure you set the iron to 220V before leaving, otherwise there will be fireworks in Rome. :) we managed with just one adapter.

4. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

5. *WDW*Groupie*

*WDW*Groupie* Mouseketeer

We bought a small cord from Amazon with an additional 3 outlets so we could charge more than 1 thing at a time (my IPad takes quite a long time to charge and we used it to back up our pictures every night). It was around $5.00 and well worth it! I would usually have all the outlets on the cord full each night (2 camera chargers, IPhone & IPad!!)!

I should add that I bought an adapter from Amazon that I plugged the cord into!! The total for both was under $10.00.

Have a great trip!

6. corky441

That was going to be my next question...
    If I have one of those multi- outlet "squid" cords and plug that into the wall outlet using a plug adapter, I will be able to plug more than one charger into the squid and charge 2-3 different items at the same time ...

Thanks for the answer before I asked the question. :)

7. sayhello

Not if it's an ordinary USA multi-outlet cord. You need to buy one specifically set up to be able to accept up to 220 volts. You can buy them on Amazon.com or a lot of other electronics sites.

Sayhello

8. *WDW*Groupie*

*WDW*Groupie* Mouseketeer

This is the adapter I used to plug the "extension" cord into:

http://www.amazon.com/VP-11B-Ground...4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313711880&sr=1-4

This is what I used to allow for multiple items charging at one time:

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-MP-OT...?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313712024&sr=1-30

They were both AMAZING!! The Monster cord has a reset button on it just in case you overwhelm it :headache:. Of course I learned this the hard way -- I blew it out on our cruise while blow drying my hair and my dh showed me the reset button on it when we got home (so we were without it for half the cruise :rolleyes1)!!

9. corky441

That compact travel outlet is perfect.

Guess who's shopping on Amazon again tonight !?!?

10. sssteele

sssteele DIS Veteran

Glad you mentioned calling ABD. Wasn't going to take an iron, but was considering a mini-steamer. I'll call them today.

11. sssteele

sssteele DIS Veteran

Just got off the phone with ABD.

He indicated I should have type L, C and F adaptors. No converter needed.

No irons or mini-steamers allowed in the rooms in Italy. Pack more knits and linen.:thumbsup2[/COLOR]

12. mamoonkay

mamoonkay Earning My Ears

For sure take Adaptors with you. :dance3:

13. abbyjt

abbyjt Mouseketeer

For all you iron lovers, meet the person who hates irons and ironing. I bring a small empty spray bottle. Fill it with water at each hotel. Hang up whatever you are going to wear, preferably the night before. Mist your clothes with the spray bottle and shake the clothes by holding the seams. It releases the wrinkles. it doesn't look ironed, but it looks way better than doing nothing. Try it now in you bathroom at home with something that's way too wrinkled to wear. Don't use too small a bottle. Mine is about 8 oz and that works well, but a smaller bottle has a smaller sprayer and takes a lot longer to spray your clothes. I do this at home too. ( I just use a bigger bottle at home so I don't have to refill too often). :laundy: I don't iron anything.

14. corky441

See, I knew it was going to get complicated. :eek:

L. C. F. adapters? I thought there was one adapter for Europe ... My headache is back. :headache:

15. sayhello

There are several different adapters for Europe, but since you're only going to Italy (I assume?) then this is the one you need:

[​IMG]

Apparently Italy uses a different plug from most of Europe (as does the UK).

ETA: Of course, that's according to the internet. It seems there really are 3 different types of plugs used in Italy. You might want to call ABD and see if they can clarify for you which type the hotels will require.

Sayhello