WATP Reviews Please

plutosmyfav

<font color=deeppink>Has high hopes, high apple pi
I am thinking of purchasing WATP for my Mom as a birthday gift. She is turning 60 and doesn't exercise, but is hoping to get started again. Anyone have a review that would help me?

Thanks,
Sundie

Hi Sundie! :wave2:

From my own personal experience, I think WATP workouts are a wonderful way to begin an exercise program, and they are what started me on my weight loss/fitness journey!

I have the WATP Epress 4 Mile Super Challenge, and when I started with this tape I weighed 235 pounds and could barely complete the first mile. I worked out 3x/week to start eventually working up to 6x/week. Doing the workout consistently really helped increase my fitness level quickly and within two months I was doing the complete 4 miles. It's a nice tape in that Leslie breaks down the workout by miles--she'll tell you when you've completed 1, 2 and 3 miles, so if you want a shorter or less intense workout you can stop there (always cool down first!). The movements in the workout include marching (she'll call it walking), knee-ups, kicks, single and double side-steps and hamstring curls. They can each be modified for lower or greater intensity. She adds a little upper-body movement that you can easily leave out if you're too winded; or you can add hand weights to increase intensity if you'd like. Leslie Sansone has lots of different WATP workouts, some with weighted balls, ab-belts and resistance bands if those are of interest. I only have the one I mentioned above. WATP really allowed me to work at my own level of fitness (which when I began was practically non-existent), and within 4 months I had moved up to The FIRM videos. On some of the fitness boards I read, there are people who complain about Leslie's personality--she's *very* chatty, always smiling and very happy and positive. I always found her "chattiness" to be very motivating and sincere.

I think WATP would be wonderful for your mom. She can gauge it to her own abilities now and can grow with it as she gets stronger. Make sure you take a good look at all of Leslie's tapes to find the one you believe would be the best, taking into consideration any equipment that may be needed. Her older workouts can look a little dated (I just checked my tape and it's dated 2003--it's got very nice production values) and some of the titles are very similar, so check to make sure you're getting what you really want!

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask! Good luck to your mom! :)

Thanks, Kim

Your review is exactly what I was hoping for, sounds like a great place to start.

Congrats on your fabulous progress!!!!!

Sundie

The one mile WATP is a great start to working out. It isn't too easy and it isn't too hard.

My mother used the WATP tapes and had no problem until her final illness and she was 74 when she tried them for the first time.

Katholyn

I think they are wonderful too.

I have the 3 mile regular one. I did just the first 2 miles and fast forwarded to the cool down. Last night I completed the whole 3 miles for the first time and can say it only took a few days to build up the fitness level for it. :) It really is a good beginner/moderate workout because you can modify it to be so but it is tough enough to make you sweat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter