Waterproof pouch

Jenn M

Mouseketeer
I have been wondering about this lately and seeing the thread about bags at CC made me start to wonder more. We have cruised before, but on our last DCL we just went to the Bahamas, and I wasn't worried about my bag at CC. Years ago, we did a Western Caribbean cruise, but I don't remember what we did with our cameras and things while we were on snorkling excursions. We are doing the catamaran/snorkling/beach in Cozumel, Sting Ray City in Cayman, and a private excursion in Jamaica that includes swimming. I am thinking about buying a waterproof pouch for our phones and not bringing my big camera to shore. Anybody know of a decent waterproof pouch that hasn't leaked on you? Anybody else have any ideas? I saw the link to the lockable bag that looked interesting, but it takes 4 weeks to deliver and we leave in 11 days!

I have been wondering about this lately and seeing the thread about bags at CC made me start to wonder more. We have cruised before, but on our last DCL we just went to the Bahamas, and I wasn't worried about my bag at CC. Years ago, we did a Western Caribbean cruise, but I don't remember what we did with our cameras and things while we were on snorkling excursions. We are doing the catamaran/snorkling/beach in Cozumel, Sting Ray City in Cayman, and a private excursion in Jamaica that includes swimming. I am thinking about buying a waterproof pouch for our phones and not bringing my big camera to shore. Anybody know of a decent waterproof pouch that hasn't leaked on you? Anybody else have any ideas? I saw the link to the lockable bag that looked interesting, but it takes 4 weeks to deliver and we leave in 11 days!
If you have any dive shops near you, check them out. We got our passport waterproof containers from there.

https://www.amazon.com/JOTO-Univers...707764&sr=8-3&keywords=iphone+waterproof+case

This is what I bought prior to going to Aulani last year. I used it there, at our local waterpark a few times, and then at Castaway Cay. It's a little fussy to open, but then if it wasn't - I guess it might be too easy to accidentally open it and end up with leakage! I'm not sure why it says you can use touch screens... it totally does not, although you can hit your phone button to see the time and whatever message is on the home screen. I suspect the online shopping details have a translation issue; the info that came with it was clearly a translation. The only other people we have seen with this were the Japanese tourists at Aulani, so it must be a Japanese product.

It's big enough to hold my iphone, a room key, and I generally also had a few bucks, some receipts, and maybe a couple pills in it too.

Whatever you get, definitely do what the accompanying instructions on ours advised - stick a piece of paper inside, submerge in water for a half hour, and make sure that paper is dry afterward!

Thanks! I will have to pick one soon, so I can have it delivered in time! I didn't know that a phone could deactivate a card! I am not sure about that. I wonder if we put something in between the phone and the card, like thick cardboard?

AquaPac. I purchased thru Amazon. We have used them on two week vacations in Hawaii snorkeling and boogie boarding daily, Cape Cod, DL, TL and BB at DW, and on our two DCL cruises including excursions to Stingray City, Atlantis, and resort for a day in Jamaica. HIGHLY recommend AqauPac. Not one leak ever!

Can you put your KTTW card next to your phone? Will it deactivate the key (like always happens with hotel room keys)?
It's fine by your phone. I kept our KTTW cards by my phone in a waterproof pouch while ashore during our cruise in December. Worked like a dream and no problems at all.

It's fine by your phone. I kept our KTTW cards by my phone in a waterproof pouch while ashore during our cruise in December. Worked like a dream and no problems at all.

Good to know. The last three resorts we went to we had to keep going back to reception bc we accidentally kept putting our phones and room keys too close together. Annoying esp when I wanted them in the same pocket/pouch.

Good to know. The last three resorts we went to we had to keep going back to reception bc we accidentally kept putting our phones and room keys too close together. Annoying esp when I wanted them in the same pocket/pouch.
I don't think the KTTW cards (which have a chip, not a magnetic strip) are affected by phone like most hotel/resort room keys (which still only have the magnetic strip).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter