waterproof camera suggestions???

scootch

DIS Veteran
I saw in one post about someone who had bought a digital one for around $55that took great pics..... Don't want to spend a fortune, but would like some decent pictures of snorkeling, ect.... anyone have any advise? thanks.

I just bought a water proof pouch on Amazon to slip our digital camera into. It cost about $30. Took it to the pool last weekend to test before our trip and it works great.

DicaPac is the brand have to find the right size to fit your camera.

My only complaint is that the I cannot fully use the zoom because it is a little small, I should have bought one size larger.

Thanks... the one specifically for my canon camera(just the waterproof case is $179 even on ebay!! will peek at amazon.

I'll second cbmeadors. I got a DicaPac off of Amazon for my camera and was able to use the zoom and get great underwater photos.

Here's one:
IMG_0588.jpg

I third cbmeadors for the DICAPac! I purchased mine at AccessoryGeeks.com. When I found this gem before our cruise, I mentioned it on our Meets thread, and I think about 4 other people made the purchase as well. They even make them for camcorders. I was very happy with my pictures. The zooming can be tricky sometimes, but it wasn't too bad for my camera.

[BTW, if you use rebates sites, both Cashbaq.com and MrRebates.com gives you 10% back for your purchase at AccessoryGeeks, plus they have free shipping in the US and Canada. Going that route ended up being cheaper for me than Amazon. (They have other amazing rebates as well, like Snapfish with 10% or 12% back and Dale & Thomas Popcorn for 20% back to name a couple!) To get the rebate, remember that you have to go to the rebate site and link to the retailer, otherwise, you won't get a rebate applied.]

I have the Olympus underwater digital camera, SW770 I think the model is. Got in in the summer for a little less than $200, 8 megapixels. Works great on the beach, waterpark, pool, etc! I'm very pleased with the snorkeling pics I took on CC last week. Great investment after buying all of those annoying throw away ones!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter