Waterpark and more?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by parith1114, Oct 6, 2012.

1. parith1114

parith1114 DIS Veteran

My son wants to take a birthday weekend trip to Disney, but he doesn't want to visit any parks. He wants to do Disney Quest one day and a water park another day. Is there any way to get just the waterpark and more option ticket? I am assuming not, do ticket brokers sell these two tickets cheaper than Disney? We are headed down for a familymoon in December and I haven't bought the tickets for that trip yet, I don't know if there is any combo there that might help, but I think not, because the non expiring tickets are so pricey. Ideas, please...
    Also, if you have a review for Disney Quest I would appreciate it, we've never been.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. teacher31

teacher31 DIS Veteran

I would purchase the year waterparks pass with DQ options. I believe it is about 130 or so. We only did a waterparks trip twice this summer. They were great! Went for a total of 10 days to both parks. Have fun!

4. parith1114

parith1114 DIS Veteran

I didn't even know that was an option, THANKS! I'm going to look into if it's a good deal for us.

5. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

The combined water park and Disney Quest Annual Pass is $129 adult or $99 child (plus tax). There are no blockout dates and it is good for a year from date of purchase.

Since water park one day entry is $52/44 and DQ is $44/$38 it is a real bargain.

6. teacher31

teacher31 DIS Veteran

Cheshire- can you please tell me how much it is to renew an annual water park pass for adults, not a Florida resident? I believe there is a discount but just not sure the amount. Thanks!

7. parith1114

parith1114 DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 That's so awesome, I so did not realize that was an option! It's only around a $70 difference total, definitely worth it. Thanks guys...the DIS never ceases to come to my rescue. :smickey:

8. Cheshire Figment

Water Park Annual Pass Renewal $ 84.95 adult or $ 68.50 child (plus tax). There is no renewal discount for the Resident After 2:00pm as the price is so low.

9. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

But its only a good deal if you use it more than 2 times. You said you wanted to go to DQ once and a WP once. Just buying one day tickets would be cheaper. :confused3

10. Cannot_Wait_4Disney

Cannot_Wait_4Disney Ok all you A cattle, get in ...

$52 times two is $104 plus 44 is $148 vs $129 for the AP.

11. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

I'm only reading one day DQ one day WP maybe I 'm missing something. :confused3

12. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

OP said they were also going down in December. Then they won't need WP and more tickets for the December trip.

13. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

OK missed that it was two trips so more than 2 visits and many people go to WP in December.

14. teacher31

teacher31 DIS Veteran

Cheshire, you are a gem. Anytime someone has a question you always help! Thank you for helping all of us with quirky questions!

And now I have one more for you. :goodvibes

I am purchasing an AP in February. Can I keep my waterpark AP separate? I don't want to upgrade to the next level that includes DQ.

Thanks in advance!

15. tenaseewalker

tenaseewalker Mouseketeer

PAP includes water parks and Disney Quest not the AP. So if you don't want Disney Quest, just get the regular AP and then get a water park AP and you'll be go to go.

16. Cheshire Figment

PP is correct, but if you get the PAP the general merchandise discount is 20% while a regular AP is 10%.

17. parith1114

parith1114 DIS Veteran

Thanks again, guys I really appreciate the info. I think we are going to go with the waterpark and DQ AP's. I'm sure we'll get our money's worth. ;)

18. parith1114

parith1114 DIS Veteran

One last question...if I purchase a one day DQ ticket through a broker at a discount can I upgrade it for an AP at the full price? Not the regular AP, but the waterpark one. I don't even know if this is a possibility, but thought I'd ask. I'm all about saving more dollars for more Disney!

19. parith1114

parith1114 DIS Veteran

20. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

Since you bumped it I have to ask. Have you seen a WP or DQ ticket from a broker?

If there is one, probably yes, but you would have to do it that day and if you found one I would think it would only be a dollar or two cheaper.

21. parith1114

parith1114 DIS Veteran

Yes, I found some through Orlando fun tickets...or something like that.